What's new

Spurs @ Jazz :: 1.26.2011 :: 7pm Utah Time

There was a lot to like about the game last night but in the end the most obvious difference is the Jazz are not a good jumpshooting team. For all the criticism DW has gotten he played like a monster last night. If he could have gotten just a little more offensive help then the Jazz would have won.

The reason we lost wasn't Deron not getting help on offense, it as the lack of defense by the team.

was Fes hungover again last night?

One can't think Williams' willingness to stick around increases any when he sees his big men leave him hanging time after time in pick-and-roll coverage, or when he watches Jefferson trapped in the corner by a double team three times a game, or when Kyrylo Fesenko takes more sick days than a European bureaucrat and shows up fifteen minutes before tipoff.

https://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110127/daily-dime

Man, Jimmer was fantastic tonight. He can score from virtually anywhere on the court. I can't believe you guys wasted your time watching this crap. Tonight's college hoops game was awesome.

You do realize the final score was closer in the jazz game right? Their is also something called a DVR.

The refs let the Spurs get away with murder. Popovich has taught his players every trick in the book to get an advantage, and the refs let them get away with it. Let me give you an example. The Spurs are great at pushing off with their body. Example the Jazz get close at the end of the game and Manu who is closely guarded goes inside and stands in front of the rim about 4 ft away. The ball is lobbed into him. How do the Spurs know we won't get the lob pass. While the ball is in the air Ginobli runs into the man guarding him with his chest and knocks him backwards towards the free throw line. The ball arrives and presto a lay-up right in front of the rim., and the beep beep ref is standing right there watching it.

I agree completely, although I've seen this movie far too often. Every time the Jazz play the Spurs when they have their perimeter players healthy (i.e. Parker/Manu) there's discrepencies on both ends of the court between what's a handcheck and what isn't, as well as bumping cutter off the ball. I'm not saying the refs cost the Jazz the game, just that they didn't help.
Unfortunately, the Jazz have bigger issues than the officials at this point.

The game notes said out with a "sinus infection"

Compared to Okur Fes is looking pretty good right now, dont think Sloan is to impressed with Elson either. Fes did not practice today so we will see if he is available for MN. Interesting to see who sits if everyone is healthy.

Jazz made a nice comeback but SA has too many weapons. At least the Jazz showed some heart. DW was a warrior tonight.

To me this game just shows the confidence difference that the Spurs have and have always had over the Jazz. I have no idea why. Maybe it boils down to the Popovich vs. Sloan. The Spurs milk so much out of their average bench dudes. They hit every open three they get and play great defense. They don't make mistakes. The only way we can win ballgames is when that happens, and it's pretty rare.

To me this game just shows the confidence difference that the Spurs have and have always had over the Jazz. I have no idea why. Maybe it boils down to the Popovich vs. Sloan. The Spurs milk so much out of their average bench dudes. They hit every open three they get and play great defense. They don't make mistakes. The only way we can win ballgames is when that happens, and it's pretty rare.

Their players, for the most part, have always played like that....