What's new

Start Keyonte George

I liked a lot of what I saw from Keyonte tonight in his first start. We're going to have to live with some growing pains, but I think he's going to keep looking better and better.
I liked most of it. What I didnt like is he passed on quite a few shots that he should have taken. And also the fact that Jordan Clarkson dominated most of our possessions because he was feeling it.

Keyonte is definitly a starter in a bad team. It will give him more min, and he will learn faster. As we do not intend to win ( or can't), this is the best choice. THT can come from the bench and Sexton may probably get trade.

I liked most of it. What I didnt like is he passed on quite a few shots that he should have taken. And also the fact that Jordan Clarkson dominated most of our possessions because he was feeling it.
I'm not worried about Key passing up shots in the long run. He's too much of a natural gunner not to let that side of him surface eventually.

Right now, IMO it's important that he learns the trade of an NBA point guard, and on this team it should be 90% about distributing and facilitating.

They're talking about Keyonte postgame and he didn't play PG until senior year high school when the PG got hurt.
And then one year of college and here he is - in his third year of being a point guard at any level. Impressive!

Passable with flashes of good stuff and bad stuff
Bad, but not nearly as bad as I anticipated.
Not great, but I think he has the potential to be at least average.
Sweet. I wanted to get some takes on it as I wasn't big on his defense from what I saw; granted, I expect him to improve as he's young and new to the NBA. I'm glad he's getting times though. When he was drafted I was hoping he could play PG effectively and it looks like that is going to happen.

I'm not worried about Key passing up shots in the long run. He's too much of a natural gunner not to let that side of him surface eventually.

Right now, IMO it's important that he learns the trade of an NBA point guard, and on this team it should be 90% about distributing and facilitating.

This. Dude was a chucker in college. He shot plenty in SL. Im not worried about him shooting enough.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Sweet. I wanted to get some takes on it as I wasn't big on his defense from what I saw; granted, I expect him to improve as he's young and new to the NBA. I'm glad he's getting times though. When he was drafted I was hoping he could play PG effectively and it looks like that is going to happen.
Also… better than some of our vets… which is important when considering playing time.

I think he's showing that he's coachable, as I'm almost positive selfless play is a point of emphasis right now for Hardy to the team.
Yeah my gripes were not real ones. I love what he has shown. Once he gets his confidence and finishing touch to a high level the shots will go off.

Im more concerned that he has to play with these veteran ball hogs. Hopefully he isnt influenced by them too much.

I gotta ask - How would y'all rate Keyont's defense in these first nine games?
I feel like he gets lost in the sauce a lot. Utah is running so many different schemes so it makes sense. His feet definitely seem better than anyone else on the team in terms of lateral quickness.

He also gets zero steals like Sexton. He was pretty low steal % in college as well, so not a lot of hope there.

I would doubt he's going to be a good defender, but hopefully he isnt bad like Sexton/Clarkson.

I feel like he gets lost in the sauce a lot. Utah is running so many different schemes so it makes sense. His feet definitely seem better than anyone else on the team in terms of lateral quickness.
I feel like this is pretty spot on - when all he has to do is defend his man, stay in front and get a contest, he's been pretty good - especially for a rookie. but in terms of team defense, rotations, etc, there is a lot of growing to do.