What's new

Start Keyonte George

He's also just not good enough. I dont see any reason to make him a starter until he is consistently playing well as a backup. I dont think there is a whole of upside in rushing it and potentially more downside.
lol. apparently either Hardy doesn't know basketball or Key got a lot better in the space of two days.

Pat Williams
Tyreke Evans
Anthony Randolph
Eddie Griffin
Shaun Livingston

All for different reasons probably should have been brought along somewhat slower.
A lot of these guys had off-the-court and maturity issues. In my mind that’s not connected to how fast you’re brought along (for example, would these guys be more mature or still in the league if they played less?). In the case of Livingston, would the argument be that he wouldn’t have gotten injured had he not played as many minutes? Despite that he had a 14 year career (14 years of playing).

A lot of these guys had off-the-court and maturity issues. In my mind that’s not connected to how fast you’re brought along (for example, would these guys be more mature or still in the league if they played less?). In the case of Livingston, would the argument be that he wouldn’t have gotten injured had he not played as many minutes? Despite that he had a 14 year career (14 years of playing).
Williams has also been brought along slowly and had a bunch of injuries.

They're talking about Keyonte postgame and he didn't play PG until senior year high school when the PG got hurt.
He did a lot of good stuff and always has one or two passes that surprise me. His defense is way better than advertised as well. Really want him to get loose though and get aggressive. Played it cool night one.

Reactions: Flc
I’m curious if anyone has an example where someone’s career was harmed by playing too soon. We could easily see “hey, this person isn’t ready,” but is there actually any specific case examples that can be referenced of how something like that had a negative effect on career trajectory, aside from people who just weren’t cut for it to begin with? Not saying that’s exactly what you’re saying, but it’s taken as a given in the basketball word of playing guys too soon is this harmful idea of playing with fire but I really don’t think there’s any case where you can say some guy didn’t reach their potential because they were thrown out there “too soon” and it compromised their development.

In Hendricks’ case, the only thing we have to lose is having a guy on the floor that hurts us because he’s not ready. But that really doesn’t seem to matter.
Trey Burke?

He did a lot of good stuff and always has one or two passes that surprise me. His defense is way better than advertised as well. Really want him to get loose though and get aggressive. Played it cool night one.
I think he’s earning the respect of his teammates before he ups his usage, but it’s clear Hardy wants him to up it from the post-game interview.

9 assists is nuts.