What's new

Start Keyonte George

Btw I went to check all his FGA and I think he has 2 midrangers that are pretty iffy about being assisted. One of his two misses is also assisted, while the other miss instead is clearly an unassisted attempt. Didn't find the dunk you referred to, nor the putback layup (instead he had few clearly assisted buckets from under the rim).

Can check them out for yourself, but apart from the interpretation of the assisted term (two makes are pull ups after few dribbles from receiving the ball), the stats seem to be correct.
Hmmm.... I guess I was thinking of preseason. Interestingly, most of his shots in preseason were unassisted.

Bump. This needs to happen.

Also pickup the bat phone and call up Juzang. Not like we can win less with giving him a 10 mpg look.

1699181377779.png

Everything rn backs this up. JC+THT is not working and Sexton or Dunn seems to be fading under this hunger games of scrubs. And our rookie has the best IQ in the court. This is a no brainer. If he struggle we just take him in the bench for a minute and the coaching staff will tell him pointers and we throw him back in. He has the makings to be a solid starter in the league.

I would like to see starting lineup of:
PG: George
SG: Agbaji
SF: Lauri
PF: Collins
C: Kessler

This would balance the floor and give spacing. I suspect it would also balance the offense to play more like what was discussed heading into the season. I also think it makes sense on defense. Probably won't be amazing, but it gives a better base to start from and make adjustments to. Sometimes you just need to go back to vanilla when trying to find your flavor.

I would like to see starting lineup of:
PG: George
SG: Agbaji
SF: Lauri
PF: Collins
C: Kessler

This would balance the floor and give spacing. I suspect it would also balance the offense to play more like what was discussed heading into the season. I also think it makes sense on defense. Probably won't be amazing, but it gives a better base to start from and make adjustments to. Sometimes you just need to go back to vanilla when trying to find your flavor.
It would put too much burden on Keyonte. If we insist on that frontcourt we need both guards to be able to handle the ball.

Maybe I'm wrong but don't think Keyonte gets the keys until they trade Clarkson in January/February.

Reading between the lines it sure seemed Sarah Todd was hinting at the same point the other night. It would just cause too much issue in the lockerroom to make Key the starter at this point. There's one guy in the starting lineup, who is also making $25 mil this season, with seniority on this team and highly doubt they take the starting job from him to let Key or even Ochai start. They will also need another bigger ballhandling 2 way wing to play next to Keyonte but that guy is not on the roster yet.

Maybe I'm wrong but don't think Keyonte gets the keys until they trade Clarkson in January/February.

Reading between the lines it sure seemed Sarah Todd was hinting at the same point the other night. It would just cause too much issue in the lockerroom to make Key the starter at this point. There's one guy in the starting lineup, who is also making $25 mil this season, with seniority on this team and highly doubt they take the starting job from him to let Key or even Ochai start. They will also need another bigger ballhandling 2 way wing to play next to Keyonte but that guy is not on the roster yet.
He's also just not good enough. I dont see any reason to make him a starter until he is consistently playing well as a backup. I dont think there is a whole of upside in rushing it and potentially more downside.

Time to start The Taylor Hendricks Experience.
It is... but in the G League. Give him 10-15 games at least down there to not look completely out of sorts when he comes up.

The stars had a preseason game and reportedly Hendricks looked good. There are a couple of highlights in the link here.

It’s a good place for him right now. If he plays super reserved with the varsity team for 10 minutes a night I’m not sure that’s helpful. I really think no summer league hurts theses guys quite a bit.

Midseason drop him in the rotation for 15 minutes a night and see what he needs to work on in the offseason. Had hoped he was more nba ready but whatevs.

Also here is my prediction. If no real change and if no trades… Key will be a starter on Saturday November 25th for the remainder of the season.

It would put too much burden on Keyonte. If we insist on that frontcourt we need both guards to be able to handle the ball.
I agree. Keyonte has looked great in spurts, but he also makes a bunch of mistakes, and I feel he makes more as the game goes on. I think he gets fatigued a bit. Pace and general effort level is just way higher in the NBA, so some adjustment period i expected. I do hope he'll start at some point this season, though.

I’ve no problem with making him earn time, but I also do not see a concern with flooding him with too much responsibility. If you have a strong coach and locker room you don’t have to worry about the bad habits as much. But I suppose Hardy still has a lot to prove.

It’s a good place for him right now. If he plays super reserved with the varsity team for 10 minutes a night I’m not sure that’s helpful. I really think no summer league hurts theses guys quite a bit.

Midseason drop him in the rotation for 15 minutes a night and see what he needs to work on in the offseason. Had hoped he was more nba ready but whatevs.

I have a legitimate question, as in, I don't actually know the answer.

Has there ever been a player as tall as Hendricks, and as athletic as Hendricks, who was a great shooter, but didn't make it in to the NBA?

I honestly can't think of anybody, which is why I am not worried about his long term potential as an NBA player at all. I feel like as long as his shooting translates, he's going to be a rotation player. Most of the things he needs help with, like learning where he should be on offense and defense, will come with time. The things he has, like length and athleticism are things you can't teach.