What's new

Starting Line-up

At about 9:10AM (Utah Time) today,1320 KFAN announced that tonight's starting line-up will be, Harris, Bell, Howard, Millsap, and Jefferson. This benches Hayward and the rest of the young guys. Thoughts?

Personally, I see that Howard plays better when he starts, but would like to see a line-up of Harris, Burks(2nd choice Hayward), Howard, Favors, and Jefferson to start games.

I am okay with this if Hayward is still getting 20 minutes or so. Basically Raja Bell should take most or all of CJ minutes.

We absolutely need to split up Millsap/Jefferson and Kanter/Favors. Start Favors and Jefferson and let Millsap take it to the 2nd string, he would fair much better against less talented players and it allows Favors and Kanter to play with a known scorer which allows them to focus on defense and rebounding for right now.

I hate it. Just because.

I do not like this lineup at all, classic Ty, dumb ***.

We should be starting (now that season is over)

Harris
Burks
Hayward

[Favors or Kanter]
[Jefferson or Milsap]

We need to develop our youth with them as both our primary starters, playing the other teams starts PLUS, letting them be the top options on plays and down the stretch to close games.

I also read that this adjustment has been made to make a playoff push.

The Jazz will not make the playoffs and I wonder if KOC will need to make some absurd trades to help Corbin from himself. This is completely backwards from where the team should be heading.

I guess I don't care so much who starts (for this year) as long as Burks, Hayward, Kanter, and Favors get 20'ish minutes. Alternate who's playing with whom. Alternate who starts and ends game ... geared more toward in-game decisions (who's doing well).

I guess I don't care so much who starts (for this year) as long as Burks, Hayward, Kanter, and Favors get 20'ish minutes. Alternate who's playing with whom. Alternate who starts and ends game ... geared more toward in-game decisions (who's doing well).

I disagree. Our youngins neeed to develop a chemistry against other teams starters. Starting does matter. Locke published BS stats that we play youngsters 7th most minutes in the leaugue. A lot of those minutes are Haywards, who has played a lot of minutes as our 4th or 5th option on offense. Stats are for losers...like Locke.

We absolutely need to split up Millsap/Jefferson and Kanter/Favors. Start Favors and Jefferson and let Millsap take it to the 2nd string, he would fair much better against less talented players and it allows Favors and Kanter to play with a known scorer which allows them to focus on defense and rebounding for right now.

In theory this is a good idea. Unfortunately, in reality, when Favors or Kanter is on the floor with Jefferson, they completely defer offense to him - last week when Favors started for Millsap, he was reduced to basically standing on the weak side while Jefferson got all the looks.

This makes The Jazz offense even more one-dimensional.

I disagree. Our youngins neeed to develop a chemistry against other teams starters. Starting does matter. Locke published BS stats that we play youngsters 7th most minutes in the leaugue. A lot of those minutes are Haywards, who has played a lot of minutes as our 4th or 5th option on offense. Stats are for losers...like Locke.

Let's be honest, not all 4 of the young guys deserve to start, so for "chemistry" purposes, this will actually give them an opportunity to all play together for extended minutes for the first time all year. As long as minutes don't decrease (or minimally, if they do), for the future of the team, I think this is the right move to make.

It means a trade is coming

No it doesn't, not necessarily. Ty mentioned several weeks ago that Howard could be moved into the starting lineup. Then Raja got hurt. It's highly likely that Hayward only started the past few games because of Raja's injury.

While I'd like to see a combination of Burks/Favors/Kanter make it into the starting lineup, I still like the move of benching Hayward. He hasn't done jack **** to earn that starting job lately and maybe a move back to the bench will do him good. That kid needs a fire lit up under his ***, and stop going into sad puppy mode the moment a jumper doesn't fall.

And I know I've said this before, but he needs to ditch that girlfriend of his. I'm convinced being tied for her is making him a *****. They need to split... for the good of the team.

Let's be honest, not all 4 of the young guys deserve to start, so for "chemistry" purposes, this will actually give them an opportunity to all play together for extended minutes for the first time all year. As long as minutes don't decrease (or minimally, if they do), for the future of the team, I think this is the right move to make.

'Deserve' .. maybe not. But we need to figure out what we have and what we don't. We are going to just have more lottery picks next year. Won't help.

I'm going to stay neutral about this until the trade deadline. At that point, I hope a vet or two is gone and/or I'll be able to gauge whether putting Hayward on the bench was a good move regardless of the circumstances.

Right now, though, my gut doesn't like this...

I don't mind it, but if Burks receives anymore DNP's, I'll be furious with Ty...

Just bench Cj, and our second unit will be Watson, Burks, Hayward, Favors, and Kanter. I like it

I don't mind it, but if Burks receives anymore DNP's, I'll be furious with Ty...

I think we're long past that at this point. During that losing skid, Burks was one of the only bright spots. If anyone on this team has earned their minutes this season, it's Burks.

Just bench Cj, and our second unit will be Watson, Burks, Hayward, Favors, and Kanter. I like it

CJ needs to be benched. If he takes minutes from Hayward & Burks, it is just wrong.