What's new

Starting Line-up

As many have said if the four young guys get solid time on the court together I think this could be for the best, but with Corbin right now doubt it will happen to much and all the vets will probably finish close games. Also with a five man wing rotation who is going to get a handful of minutes?

Over under on CJ's minutes at 13.5. I want to say under but I am going to say over. That is the real problem.

So it would appear Ty made a good move here. Hayward is generally the 1st option on the 2nd team, playing with a lot of confidence it seems like. Hopefully he can keep this up.

It worked well tonight, Hayward looked good off the bench. I still kinda think this goes back to Ty: if Hayward has the talent to be that productive off the bench, then why not starting? As someone else posted, partly its running the good Ol' Jer offense: pass it to the wing, nail his feet to the floor, force him to pass it into Malone, er, Big Al.

Lets hope a trade is on the way.

How can you bench CJ? If he doesn't score 27 points against the Rockets, we don't beat them. Mr. Miles has contributed to several of our victories this season. Our problem is that we are too deep. We need to trade some our assets for better players (like Millsap and Harris for Rajon Rondo and Jermaine O'Neal). Raja Bell is the one who needs to be benched. If he is not hitting outside jumpers (like tonight), he does basically nothing for our team (other than take more deserving players minutes).
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

So it would appear Ty made a good move here. Hayward is generally the 1st option on the 2nd team, playing with a lot of confidence it seems like. Hopefully he can keep this up.
Blasphemy! We hate Ty on this board and any player that has groin hair. We would start five fetus if we could.

It was against Cleveland. It's borderline genuis to make this move before playing 2 weak teams in a row. Then you can claim it worked even if it only works in the games you should win. Lets not forget they almost lost this game down the stretch with both Jefferson and Millsap on the floor. Haywards minutes were still good. But Bell got too many and Burks not enough. Favors and Kanter did not get nearly enough, once again.

I always love seeing the minutes distribution.

Wings:
Miles 8 minutes. Bell 21 minutes. Burks 13 minutes. Hayward 28 minutes. Howard 28 minutes.

Low Post:
Jefferson 39 minutes. Millsap 35 minutes. Favors 14 minutes. Kanter 8 minutes.

What this tells me, with the exception of Hayward, Corbin doesn't care about development as much as he cares about winning. The sad part is I believe that the "fruitful 4" (I am attempting a nickname for them, feel free to add, bash ir anything else that you feel the need to do) will win close to the same amount of games that the vets are winning.

I don't disagree with Howard in the starting line-up and Hayward did well this time off the bench, but why in the world is Bell starting?

I don't know if anyone here listens to Locke....but he claims that the 4 best defensive players on this team are Hayward, Burks, Favors, and Kanter.

I don't know if anyone here listens to Locke....but he claims that the 4 best defensive players on this team are Hayward, Burks, Favors, and Kanter.

Sounds about right actually.

We need to gut this mother****er this off-season. Draft a point and trade Harris. Let Chucker sign elsewhere to take a different ship down. Draft a wing to take his and Howard's place. And trade either Big Al or Millsap.

I hate Locke and it pains me to agree with any of his trash. But I have been saying this for a bit. They are almost definitely the best defenders at their position for the Jazz.