What's new

Starting PG?

They are likely already on the roster(Keyonte? Clarkson if he re-signs?, Sexton? THT?). With the trade for Collins FVV is very likely off the table.

If we are feeling adventurous ... maybe we try to strike a deal for Vasilije Micic?

I'm pretty comfortable with Sexton and THT at the point. We aren't a championship contender so let's really throw these guys to the wolves so that we know exactly what we have going forward. I thought both guys were pretty good last year when starting at the point so let's find out if they can build on that. If it doesn't work out then we know exactly what hole we need to fill and can aggressively look for a solution.

The irony is the Jazz could have had him for nothing his first year. He was drafted by the TWolves and sent to the Idaho Stampede which was the forerunner of the Stars. After some games with the Stamps the offer was made for the Jazz to take over his contract guarantees. I guess two organizations didn't think he was much of a prospect then.

Not sure if he's available, but it feels like he would be a great fit.
Oh one of those guys is for sure super available.

I also posted in the other thread... maybe... maybe we are the landing spot for FVV. I just don't see an amazing spot where he gets paid right now. Maybe he stays put.

I like Sexton the most but Dunn was our best pg last year. Small sample size but he was even better than Conley imo. Literally no weakness. Great passing, great shooting (47% from 3!), Great rebounding, great defense. Dude was pretty damn amazing.
No idea if it was just a flash in the pan and him not being scouted but if he can play like he did last year and we are trying to make the playoffs then Dunn should get the nod

We can offer to just take the protections off the pick we owe them.

They can’t play too much hardball here, I think that’s fair or maybe a couple seconds if they prefer that. I think it would give them a bad reputation to hold Micic hostage in a contract situation.

They can’t play too much hardball here, I think that’s fair or maybe a couple seconds if they prefer that. I think it would give them a bad reputation to hold Micic hostage in a contract situation.

We only have one second available to trade.