What's new

Starting PG?

Maybe knock them all the way down to top 4... wouldn't want it completely unprotected even if the draft is ***... someone may emerge.

I think the top looks pretty strong I think the depth is weak though. Guys who would have went in the late teens early twenties are getting talked about as lottery picks.

My advice is never draft a point guard 2 years into a rebuild. Draft him first, or sign him in free agency on his second deal. Unless KG is their year 1 rebuild pg, they will get one in fa or trade.
I think we are rolling with the current guard core with the excpetion of maybe getting a deal on another guard in fa or maybe KO gets moved in the next 2 days

Is a swaperoo with Clarkson even remotely possible?
I don't think so... I'm guessing it would require a law firm to decide if Reaves can do a SnT for a contract that LA can't offer directly... its one of the dumbest CBA thing ever tbh.

I said we should do JC for Beasley (they exercise the option) and they simultaneously agree not to match. I think simultaneous trades are kinda illegal but its the lakers so ain't nobody gonna mind. I think we'd still have the space for that kind of thing if we declined KO's option and THT opted out.... or if they were moved. Would need like 40M... the 28M figure people are using figures JC opting out.

Picking from guys currently on the team I would say it depends on who is our starting 2. If Clarkson is on the team and starts I think I would go with Dunn. If we are starting Agbaji, I think I would go with Sexton. It would be pretty awesome if at some point this year Keyonte played well enough to take over the job.

If we're picking from guys not currently on the team, then I really like the Lowry suggestion. Now that we picked up Collins, I'm wanting Lowry even more, even though maybe it makes it more difficult.

I think Lowry could come in and we could get off to a great start. If one of our younger guys shows promise then Lowry becomes a nice expiring contract at the trade deadline.

I think the Heat would probably need Lowry's contract if they do a Dame deal though.

For me the choice is easy: Dunn should be our starting PG. The dude played real well last season after he was brought in. Such a calm and smooth operator. Of course FVV might be available, but I’m not sure we can afford him. And even if we did, I would still keep Dunn as our 2nd PG. Sexton and THT are not floor general type of players.

Start Talen. 6th man Sexton 7th man Dunn. Rotate those 3 all game with minutes also playing the 2.

It's truly going to be an open competition. I don't think anyone is promised the job going into it. It seems alike Sexton has been working in Utah for most of the summer so he might have an advantage.