What's new

Stern to retire

0d7ad60bd8d5f7351b307c9381a513f589.png

... in 2014

YES!!!!!@SportsCenter: Sources: NBA deputy commissioner Adam Silver will replace David Stern in 2014, promotion unanimously approved today

YES!!!!!@SportsCenter: Sources: NBA deputy commissioner Adam Silver will replace David Stern in 2014, promotion unanimously approved today

So more of the 'Stern Model'.

I'm disappointed, I thought this was a chance to bring some real change to the league and hope to all the non-Lakers, Boston, and Miami fans. Maybe someday they will make the league about 360 players not 3 or 4.

Does it seem strange to anyone that Stern will be retiring during a season instead of waiting until after the 2014 Finals?

Actually, Stern is stepping down, but not turning in his retirement papers. That way he can be included in the trade when the Lakers send Nash, Artest and Stern to the Clippers for CP3. Why does Stern do this? Because he wants the job as ambassador to China and there's no better headline than "Stern for World Peace."

Actually, Stern is stepping down, but not turning in his retirement papers. That way he can be included in the trade when the Lakers send Nash, Artest and Stern to the Clippers for CP3. Why does Stern do this? Because he wants the job as ambassador to China and there's no better headline than "Stern for World Peace."

Hilarious. How do you come up with this stuff?

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

so, i liked stern. just saying...

he -like- really cared about the league and tried real hard to improve things. tell me that the players union is dissolved and i'll celebrate, ok?

I just read that Stern plans to retire on his 30th anniversary. That explains the timing being during the season.