What's new

Steve Bannon Quotes

Did you read the article? You'd enjoy it.

I've read similar and I generally whole-heartedly agree. Liberal elites are morons and deserve the defeat they received. I've been saying the same things for months.

But I'm not going to suddenly ignore social issues and racism and sexism now.

There are plenty of studies and information showing racism is alive and well in this country. Black people and other minority groups have an uphill battle in many ways. I have shown the information and statistics as have others and you choose to ignore it. Again no group in this country receives more special treatment (which any decent study that looks at advantages/disadvantages people receive because of sex and color) than white males.

White people are in a win win situation and always have been, that win win has compounded over the years. There is a reason white people have better jobs, control money, control more positions of power and are arrested less. You are correct there are little to no solutions when people choose to ignore that racism exists and that people are put in disadvantaged positions. People from all walks of life can succeed that does not mean they have a fair path. I and others are not simply complaining or excusing bad behavior we are acknowledging facts that are happening in life and actively trying to help fix them and treat people no different because of their skin color. You yourself may or may not be racist, I have no idea. But you have taken up the side of people who are racist and are fighting to keep minorities down with claiming racism does not exist on a level that hurts people. I personally believe if you dont see racism happening in your community around you then you are probably ignoring it, blind to it, self involved, dont interact with people much or struggle to see things from other peoples perspective.

Just about an hour ago I checked out at the grocery store and the cashier did not check my id even though my credit card has not signature and says see ID. The gentleman behind me who was dressed about the same as me and was with his wife who was not white paid with a card and they asked to see his id right away. Did this hurt the guy? No, not really. Its not really that big of a deal but it does show this person checking them out judged them negatively because of their skin color and/or made assumptions about them because of their color. I see these things almost daily. That is my anecdotal evidence of it existing and almost every study that is done confirms this happening all the time.

"Other then pulling things out your *** where do you get your information from" - [MENTION=178]gregbroncs[/MENTION]ter

1) I didn't come from the Middle East
2) the problem of moving back to Kosovo wouldn't be oppression of Muslims-- it would be rampant political corruption and a very slow economy.

--

As an aside, responding to people who say "hey, we aren't being treated as equals which *should* be my right as an American/Canadian as enshrined in the constitution-- by saying "well if it sucks so much here then why don't you move back" speaks to one's white privilege & honestly to a ****ty, non-empathic human being.

How did you get into college? Was it scholarships or paid for? If scholarships, which ones specifically?

I've read similar and I generally whole-heartedly agree. Liberal elites are morons and deserve the defeat they received. I've been saying the same things for months.

But I'm not going to suddenly ignore social issues and racism and sexism now.

Well I know I didn't ask you to ignore those. I know the article didn't ask you to do that. So what you talking about?

For me, the big questions that are looming under all this **** are (and this includes the rightward drift in Europe as well):

When and how did historically privileged folks (largely white) get convinced that all resources were scarce, and that they must turn the State into the vehicle that protects them FOR THEM?

What we're seeing is the lurch of an Empire. Debts are being called in, instead of forgiven.

Debt forgiveness remains the central issue of our time.... but it's locked up in a rigid, unforgiving moral discourse.

All resources are not scarce. For example, money isn't.

How did you get into college? Was it scholarships or paid for? If scholarships, which ones specifically?

scholarships and student loaned the rest (full-rides here basically never happen)-- but after completing an undergraduate degree I only have $25000CAD as my loan balance (and this is Canada's 4th best school, and a top-100 school in the world). Tuition remains somewhat affordable (albeit not free) in Canada thanks to leftist politics. Another measure was passed recently saying that loan payments could be deferred interest-free so long as you're making less than $25000 a year.

"Other then pulling things out your *** where do you get your information from" - [MENTION=178]gregbroncs[/MENTION]ter

I have a lot of places I like to get information from. I read NY times, Christian Science Monitor and Al Jazeera for my regular news daily. I also read local news from KSL and SL Trib weekly. I have a handful of scientific Journals that I peruse often and a few that I read regularly. When something sparks my interest I generally research articles written on it from many sources and look through scholarly articles to see what info there is. I read stuff posted in here as well.

Also I am sure your aware but gregbroncs is someone else. Maybe ill change my username since I sold both of my Broncos now and regret one of them which brings me sadness. Although I dont really like changing user names, ill have to think about it.

tried to rep before I even realized that u rep'd.

You're a good dude with a heart, idgaf if ur politics differ from mine.

It's the people who don't give a **** about anyone other than themselves that irk me.

Thanks bro. I really admire you. I've met a handful of people at my school from Edmington and I always tell them, "I have a friend from there!" But never add in that I've actually never met you lol.

As for politics, I wish more people would fully bring themselves to the table, and not just their ideologies. What I mean by that is, I can engage with you on a subject and actually change my mind if I learn something from what you've said, because I'm a person that is still developing and learning, I'm not a robot that has to have a set of beliefs that I will defend at all costs.

What I see from people is a lot of fear, and a lack of acceptance or love for themselves, which leads to them having to defend all of their points to prove their self worth. I know my self worth isn't up for debate, so I'm free to learn from people, be wrong on subjects, and change my mind without it diminishing me one bit.

If every human understood their value, we could all actually fully engage with each other and learn from each other instead of coming into each encounter with someone with the main goal of protecting ourselves and defending what we already "know" to be true.

I have a lot of places I like to get information from. I read NY times, Christian Science Monitor and Al Jazeera for my regular news daily. I also read local news from KSL and SL Trib weekly. I have a handful of scientific Journals that I peruse often and a few that I read regularly. When something sparks my interest I generally research articles written on it from many sources and look through scholarly articles to see what info there is. I read stuff posted in here as well.

Also I am sure your aware but gregbroncs is someone else. Maybe ill change my username since I sold both of my Broncos now and regret one of them which brings me sadness. Although I dont really like changing user names, ill have to think about it.

WHY DID YOU SELL YOUR BRONCO'S?!?!

Can't say I enjoy Bannon. Pretty extreme. He knows how to use the media though. Idk what Trump is thinking there. However, extremist appointments are nothing new.

That's Obama's senior advisor on science. Shockingly, no threads made on him 8 years ago.

These quotes came from a book called Ecoscience that was published in 1977. Holdren has stated he has changed many of his beliefs since this time since he has learned a great deal more.

This quote also came from the chapter that was going over all of the things that had been suggested to deal with overpopulation. That section concludes that those suggestions would never be embraced and should not be embraced because they were abhorrent.

I actually do not know much about this guy though. I did hear some criticism of him when selected but it was very limited.

WHY DID YOU SELL YOUR BRONCO'S?!?!

I sold my main one for dumb reasons in retrospect. I had taken 9 years to restore it from the ground up myself. It was running like a beauty and everything was done. I partially wanted to start a new project but the bigger reason was that I was moving to SLC and selling my house. At the time I thought I would rent for a year and would not have a garage to keep the Bronco in and didnt want it outside sitting. I ended up buying a house with a huge garage not long after I sold it. The biggest bummer is I had a lot of people really interested and offering various amounts for it. I sold it for slightly less to a guy that lived close by that seemed nice and was mechanically inclined enough for me not to worry about it. He seemed like he wanted to keep it and really liked it. When I bought my house in SLC I had a delay because of a large cash deposit in my bank account for the Bronco. The bank wouldn't accept a bill of sale as enough proof. My loan officer tracked down information and found the guy who bought it from me drove it straight to Vegas and did a few cheap cosmetic fix ups and sold it at an auction for 10k more than he bought it from me. I real kick in the nuts. I wish I had kept it.

Oh well ill start a new project soon. I want to work on a car now that I can sup up a nice big block engine for. I have sunk a lot more into remodeling than I expected though and I have to finish up a few things on my house before I switch to that.

Thanks bro. I really admire you. I've met a handful of people at my school from Edmington and I always tell them, "I have a friend from there!" But never add in that I've actually never met you lol.

As for politics, I wish more people would fully bring themselves to the table, and not just their ideologies. What I mean by that is, I can engage with you on a subject and actually change my mind if I learn something from what you've said, because I'm a person that is still developing and learning, I'm not a robot that has to have a set of beliefs that I will defend at all costs.

What I see from people is a lot of fear, and a lack of acceptance or love for themselves, which leads to them having to defend all of their points to prove their self worth. I know my self worth isn't up for debate, so I'm free to learn from people, be wrong on subjects, and change my mind without it diminishing me one bit.

If every human understood their value, we could all actually fully engage with each other and learn from each other instead of coming into each encounter with someone with the main goal of protecting ourselves and defending what we already "know" to be true.
I must spread.

I also wish that more people could accept others pain or upset feelings and realize it doesn't diminish anyone else pain or feelings.

This is something I struggle with myself. I'm extremely sarcastic and can, and do, laugh about pretty much everything. I lose sight of the fact that it often leads to me failing to show understanding and compassion.

These quotes came from a book called Ecoscience that was published in 1977. Holdren has stated he has changed many of his beliefs since this time since he has learned a great deal more.

This quote also came from the chapter that was going over all of the things that had been suggested to deal with overpopulation. That section concludes that those suggestions would never be embraced and should not be embraced because they were abhorrent.

I actually do not know much about this guy though. I did hear some criticism of him when selected but it was very limited.

Good to know. Thanks.

I sold my main one for dumb reasons in retrospect. I had taken 9 years to restore it from the ground up myself. It was running like a beauty and everything was done. I partially wanted to start a new project but the bigger reason was that I was moving to SLC and selling my house. At the time I thought I would rent for a year and would not have a garage to keep the Bronco in and didnt want it outside sitting. I ended up buying a house with a huge garage not long after I sold it. The biggest bummer is I had a lot of people really interested and offering various amounts for it. I sold it for slightly less to a guy that lived close by that seemed nice and was mechanically inclined enough for me not to worry about it. He seemed like he wanted to keep it and really liked it. When I bought my house in SLC I had a delay because of a large cash deposit in my bank account for the Bronco. The bank wouldn't accept a bill of sale as enough proof. My loan officer tracked down information and found the guy who bought it from me drove it straight to Vegas and did a few cheap cosmetic fix ups and sold it at an auction for 10k more than he bought it from me. I real kick in the nuts. I wish I had kept it.

Oh well ill start a new project soon. I want to work on a car now that I can sup up a nice big block engine for. I have sunk a lot more into remodeling than I expected though and I have to finish up a few things on my house before I switch to that.

I have a 71 chevy pickup I've been "fixing" up for the past decade. Haven't done much bc of limited funds. Has a 350, needs a new tranny, bigger wheels, louder pipes. Also have a 56 Packard (with the leveling suspension!!) that I need to tear apart. Interior is mouse ridden, but it'll be a beautiful car. That one will be. Speedy project, but worth every penny.

I have a 71 chevy pickup I've been "fixing" up for the past decade. Haven't done much bc of limited funds. Has a 350, needs a new tranny, bigger wheels, louder pipes. Also have a 56 Packard (with the leveling suspension!!) that I need to tear apart. Interior is mouse ridden, but it'll be a beautiful car. That one will be. Speedy project, but worth every penny.

I love the looks of those 71 Chevys and 350s are fun and easy to work on. There is so much you can do. I helped a friend with the same year truck turn his 350 into a 383 stroker that was putting out about 450 hp. Unfortunately he tried to race a Porsche for some dumb reason and blew up the engine. He had put 10k worth of parts into that engine. Most of which was down the drain. I would like to put one of these in a lighter frame car, maybe a Nova II or something else.

I did something similar to my Bronco right after I rebuilt the engine the first time I was showing off with some friends and twisted the back axle up accelerating at a green light. The next rebuild on the engine a few years later I backed off the HP a little because it was not needed and also put in some beefy axles.

Looking at some of the rumored names and parts of America are going to have a meltdown.

Laura Ingram, Rudy Guiliani, Chris Christie, Mike Huckabee (vomit)...

I just bought a 1966 Jeep CJ 5. Only 3 owners (all from the same county). No rust. Perfect. First year of the Dauntless V6. A torquey mother****er.

00y0y_4ZSfspLjjNo_600x450.jpg

I just bought a 1966 Jeep CJ 5. Only 3 owners (all from the same county). No rust. Perfect.

00y0y_4ZSfspLjjNo_600x450.jpg

Original engine? That is another vehicle that I like but if I owned one it would have a solid 350 put in it with good torque.