What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

When you try to remove a sticker and the outer part tears off, leaving much of the sticker still behind.

My youngest son went to the doctor a while ago and they gave him a sticker. He naturally put it on his shirt. It didn’t get taken off and went through the wash. Damn thing won’t come off now.

I understand what you're saying. Truly, I do. I also firmly believe in the teaching of helping people when they need it. I'm also the son of a two time Bishop. The ratio of people who grossly abuse the system vs those that become very active is ridiculous. As a young teenager, I overheard my dad having to tell people that he had to stop giving them money if they didn't show up to help clean the church for an hour or come the Sunday meetings like they've been promising to do for the last 3+ months. I find it kind of disgusting.

My dad was also a bishop. (My older brother too)
It was pretty crappy. It was basically like having another full time job. He was stretched pretty thin between working full time and being a marriage counselor/therapist/life guide/referee/social worker/bishop.

My dad was also a bishop. (My older brother too)
It was pretty crappy. It was basically like having another full time job. He was stretched pretty thin between working full time and being a marriage counselor/therapist/life guide/referee/social worker/bishop.

The first time my dad was Bishop, I was 9 or 10 when he started and not quite 14 when it ended. He still found time to be baseball coach every year though. The second time, I was on my honeymoon when he started, so it didn’t affect me at all. But my younger siblings got the brunt of that one.

people who walk into intersections without taking their eyes off their phones
A close corollary to this is when I am going to the high school to pick up my daughter and other high school kids just wander into the street, whether looking at their phones or not. I guess this shows I am old, but when I was in high school I preferred not to play chicken with on-coming motorists so I at least looked and found a gap in traffic before crossing the street. The other day we were driving down a relatively busy street going to visit friends and about 4 teens glanced over their shoulders, obviously saw us approaching at 35 mph, and just stepped out into the street. One of them was looking right at me the whole time. I stepped on the brakes, squealing the tires a bit as I stopped fast, and got dirty looks and one middle finger from the kids. This was in the middle of a block, no where near the intersection or a cross-walk, and was an hour after school was out (although it was obvious they were all high school age with backpacks and all that). I don't get that behavior at all. Seems stupid to me. One day they will step out in front of someone watching their phone rather than the road and get plowed down. I guess that would be natural selection then, right?

people who walk into intersections without taking their eyes off their phones

Not only in intersections, even when attempting to have a conversation with them. Like, "drop the damn phone, I'm a human being, more important than that object". Or when you meet someone for lunch or dinner and the first thing they do is place their phone on the table right in front of them.

Not only in intersections, even when attempting to have a conversation with them. Like, "drop the damn phone, I'm a human being, more important than that object". Or when you meet someone for lunch or dinner and the first thing they do is place their phone on the table right in front of them.
I do that. I normally have my phone in my back pocket, so when I sit down, I have to take it out. I don't get on it though. I'll answer a text or phone call, if it needs my attention. But I won't just sit there on it. I won't facebook, or surf the net, or check the scores, or whatever.

John Stockton haters/doubters
Gtfo
Yeah, you have one of the best players in NBA history on the team you root for, just be happy. Stockton put everything he had on the floor every ****ing time he suited up. He was written off before he entered the NBA and he was underestimated all 18 years of his career, but yet he has two essentially unbreakable all-time records and gave me something to root for in my hometown team year after year. There was never a season in the 90's that I didn't think the Jazz could win it all. With Stockton and Malone we always had a chance.

Yeah, you have one of the best players in NBA history on the team you root for, just be happy. Stockton put everything he had on the floor every ****ing time he suited up. He was written off before he entered the NBA and he was underestimated all 18 years of his career, but yet he has two essentially unbreakable all-time records and gave me something to root for in my hometown team year after year. There was never a season in the 90's that I didn't think the Jazz could win it all. With Stockton and Malone we always had a chance.

Another underrated stat is that he missed like just a dozen games in his entire career. As tough as they come.

Shopping at Lowe’s.
The self checkout lanes were closed. They had one checkout lane open, six people waiting in line, and eight employees standing there talking to each other.