What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

He ran into her just as she was going onto grass and dropped her whiplash hard. Her arm and knee was scraped up and her mom called her dad to come get them.

The thing is, her mom was awesome and watching her like a hawk. She just happened to run away at the wrong time.

I saw it happen before it did and shouted at her to watch out. When my dog hit her, my stomach dropped and mouth went dry. It looked a lot worse than it was i thought I was going to get sued because I just read an article on KSL saying no matter what, a dog owner is responsible for their dog in Utah and liable. Luckily, her mom was cool and apologized although I was apologizing.

So many parents bring very young kids to the new dog park. One kid was on a strider bike and ran into my dog - twice. Some don't watch their kids and let tyem approach people's dogs like it's a petting zoo. Parents sit on the rocks and socialize while their diapered up kidsplay with the cute and fluffy puppies. It's a recipe for disaster. Dog parks are for dogs gawd damn it. I told a group of moms who's kid was on the strider because he was running into dogs and almost got ran over. She literally smiled at me and didn't say **** to the three year old who was 50' away and around dogs like German shepherds, pit mixes, great danes and 10 others that coukd easily **** him up.

https://www.cuteness.com/13400798/is-it-okay-to-brings-kids-to-the-dog-park
Agreed about dog parks are for dogs. I love taking my dog to the dog park mainly for myself more than for my dog. I love dogs and just like to go to see and play with all the other dogs. Kids should be heavily supervised at dog parks.

It’s weird to me that kids even go in them. I’ve only been at two in NJ and it was years ago but the parks had dogs only in them. It seems like if you allow kids in them, it’s essentially inviting a lawsuit not only on the dog’s owner but the town and/or county as well.

Are the kids with a dog? I can't imagine just bringing kids to play at a dog park.

I really hope you are joking, but I don't find drunk driving funny.

As a guy who just had two lifelong friends nearly killed by a driver under the influence, I find it to be one of the worst things a person can do. The penalties are not even close to being strict enough.

As a guy who just had two lifelong friends nearly killed by a driver under the influence, I find it to be one of the worst things a person can do. The penalties are not even close to being strict enough.
I used to do it quite often. It was wrong of me. I haven't drank and driven since my daughter was born though so at least there is that.
Uber/Lift are huge deterrents to drunk driving imo. I would like to see some data for drunk driving before and after those companies existed. I have to think that those driving services have decreased the drunk drivers by a ton. I know a lot of people who used to drink and drive and now dont because lift and uber are so cheap and convenient.

Group texts. Basically by necessity I’m in a couple for my kids sports teams. But that means I get a text every time someone asks a question and with each and every answer given. Why can’t people let one answer be enough? We don’t need 10 “yes” answers to the same question.

Oh man. I put all group texts on mute. It’s the only way to go.

Penalties for driving while slightly intoxicated are HUGE.

For reference here, if you are talking on your cell phone, just talking, you drive at the same impairment level as a person who has a 0.14 BAC. The legal limit in most of the U.S. is .08 BAC.

The penalty for being at .08 BAC is thousands of dollars in fines, automatic suspension of driving privileges for at least 6 months and around $10,000 in additional car insurance costs. Usually some community service, some classes, a meeting where a victim tells you their story, counseling, etc.

The punishment for that is very very severe.

Now if we're talking about people who drive while inebriated, yeah, no penalty is big enough. But if we're talking about people who pose less of a risk to other drivers than a soccer mom blabbing to her friend on the phone, the penalties are completely out of ****ing control.

And here we are, ready to lower our limit to .05 BAC and impose the exact same penalties.

If we start putting people who text and drive in jail and start suspending licences for people talking on phones while driving then you can tell me how the penalties for drunk driving aren't close to being strict enough.

Now if there was a tiered system and people above .14 BAC were nailed hard, I'd be all for it. But .08 BAC having their life destroyed? No thanks. Not until we start treating all driving risks equally.

For reference here, if you are talking on your cell phone, just talking, you drive at the same impairment level as a person who has a 0.14 BAC. The legal limit in most of the U.S. is .08 BAC.

The penalty for being at .08 BAC is thousands of dollars in fines, automatic suspension of driving privileges for at least 6 months and around $10,000 in additional car insurance costs. Usually some community service, some classes, a meeting where a victim tells you their story, counseling, etc.

Now if we're talking about people who drive while inebriated, yeah, no penalty is big enough. But if we're talking about people who pose less of a risk to other drivers than a soccer mom blabbing to her friend on the phone, the penalties are completely out of ****ing control.

And here we are, ready to lower our limit to .05 BAC and impose the exact same penalties.

If we start putting people who text and drive in jail and start suspending licences for people talking on phones while driving then you can tell me how the penalties for drunk driving aren't close to being strict enough.

Now if there was a tiered system and people above .14 BAC were nailed hard, I'd be all for it. But .08 BAC having their life destroyed? No thanks. Not until we start treating all driving risks equally.

To start, I’m in favor of a tiered system.
I’m also in favor of a requirement that all phone use in a vehicle be hands free. I’ve never texted while driving with the phone in my hand. I used to drive and talk on the phone holding it to my ear. There’s no doubt it affected my driving. Then a wonderful and affordable thing came along called Bluetooth. Now, I plug my phone into the USB port in my truck and it connects via CarPlay. Comes through the speakers. All I have to do is push a button to answer a call, just like changing a radio station. Same thing for calling someone, “reading” a text, or sending a text. It’s just like carrying on a conversation with a passenger.
I also think eating while driving is hazardous and be illegal.

I want to point out here, since I'm like the board beer drinker, I don't drink and drive. I just don't. I drink the majority of the time at home, beer that I made myself. When my wife and I go out we select a designated driver. Sometimes it's me. Sometimes it's her. Sometimes neither of us drink. If I go out with friends most of the time my wife will take me to wherever and pick me up. I'm super lucky like that. I don't think there is a blurry line between intoxicated and sober. If you've been drinking, you're intoxicated. Have someone else drive you.

I want to point out here, since I'm like the board beer drinker, I don't drink and drive. I just don't. I drink the majority of the time at home, beer that I made myself. When my wife and I go out we select a designated driver. Sometimes it's me. Sometimes it's her. Sometimes neither of us drink. If I go out with friends most of the time my wife will take me to wherever and pick me up. I'm super lucky like that. I don't think there is a blurry line between intoxicated and sober. If you've been drinking, you're intoxicated. Have someone else drive you.

Midweek after work beers i drive home, I normally have 5 or 6 pints and i'm pretty fine to drive, on weekends I normally get the train in and a cab home.

I had a friend who was too drunk to drive after a night in wendover. So he decides that instead of driving he would just sleep in his truck that night.
He ended up getting a dui that completely destroyed his life. He was trying to do the right thing for God’s sake. Apparently sleeping in your vehicle while drunk with the keys near you is the same as driving drunk. That’s pretty stupid imo.

Oh and add spend a night or two in jail and lose your job to the list of consequences for a dui.

Last edited: