What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Driving.

I log roughly 110 miles per day and have been doing so for almost a year. I didn’t mind at first, but I am getting so effing sick of driving. Traffic, idiotic drivers, cops, snow/ice, etc — I’ve had it.
Yeah I used to love driving until I came to socal. Traffic here just sucks all the ****ing time.

How's your Prius holding up?

How's your Prius holding up?

Sadly, some chowder head in front of me decide a U-Turn at 40mph, without looking in her mirrors, was a good idea. I luckily was able to swerve and miss getting my front end smashed, but she clobbered the back end and put the nail in the coffin of my sweet, sweet ride. She had almost 400k miles, original battery, and was still getting 42mpg. RIP.

One of my pet peeves is that nfl.com is the worst place to go for nfl related info and content and same thing with NBA.com

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Reactions: RJF
Sadly, some chowder head in front of me decide a U-Turn at 40mph, without looking in her mirrors, was a good idea. I luckily was able to swerve and miss getting my front end smashed, but she clobbered the back end and put the nail in the coffin of my sweet, sweet ride. She had almost 400k miles, original battery, and was still getting 42mpg. RIP.

New Prius?

When someone is supposed to send an important email “Sunday evening” and at 10:30 it still hasn’t shown up.

I think I’ve mentioned this before, but when someone on a construction site turns on an electrical breaker that was off. I’m so damn sick and tired of feeling 110 volts coursing through my body because some lazy *** mother trucker doesn’t want to find a different outlet to plug into. I swear, the next time this happens I’m going to hook their ********* up to my truck battery.

I think I’ve mentioned this before, but when someone on a construction site turns on an electrical breaker that was off. I’m so damn sick and tired of feeling 110 volts coursing through my body because some lazy *** mother trucker doesn’t want to find a different outlet to plug into. I swear, the next time this happens I’m going to hook their ********* up to my truck battery.
Is there no such thing as lock-out/tag-out in the construction industry?

Is there no such thing as lock-out/tag-out in the construction industry?

Of course there is. Most don’t use it, except for big stuff. It’s hard to get the lock out on a small breaker like these. You’d think that in the course of a single work day, in one house, you wouldn’t need it.

Red onions.

Hate them.

I’m not sure when they overtook regular ol’ onions (be it sweet, yellow, etc.) at restaurants but wtf, I can’t stand em.

"I'm going up to Saint George" from people that live in or near Salt Lake City.

Saint George is not north of here. No, Saint George is not a higher elevation.

"What time do you think you'll be done?"

"When will you be home?"

You'd think after 4 years of this she would realize that I never really know until 10-15 minutes beforehand, and then if I try to guess and I'm wrong, she gets mad at me. Drives me nuts.
She just wants to make sure you don't walk in on her and her boyfriend in a compromising position.

Reactions: RJF
"I'm going up to Saint George" from people that live in or near Salt Lake City.

Saint George is not north of here. No, Saint George is not a higher elevation.

this reminds me of going places in NYC when you're accustomed to ALWAYS referring to it as going "DOWN" the street to get somewhere and constantly being corrected when you're going from 54th Street to 59th Street that you're NOT going down the street, you're going UP the street

it's like that old song by Manfred Mann, Do Wah Diddy...
did it really matter how the numbers were going - she was always walking DOWN the street!

There she was just a-walkin' down the street, singin' "Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do"
Snappin' her fingers and shufflin' her feet, singin' "Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do"
She looked good (looked good), she looked fine (looked fine)
She looked good, she looked fine and I nearly lost my mind
Before I knew it she was walkin' next to me, singin' "Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do"
Holdin' my hand just as natural as can be, singin' "Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do"
We walked on (walked on) to my door (my door)
We walked on to my door, then we kissed a little more
Whoa-oh, I knew we was falling in love
Yes I did, and so I told her all the things I'd been dreamin' of...

Dropped my phone in the toilet this morning.
So that sucked

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app