What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Clean, yellow, or... ?
I was lucky. It had just been cleaned by the janitors (seat was up and the water was still blue) and I was just getting my phone out to watch a movie (American animals) while I poop. I snatched it out super quick, removed the case and dried the phone and case in the have dryer, then took phone and case to an air gun at work and dried them both more. Then got alcohol on a paper towel and wiped everything down and then dried everything again.
So far everything seems to be working fine. Thank God. I just bought this phone in November.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I’m a three year old because I hate red onions?

Okay.
No. You guys complaining about onions reminded me of how some people act when they taste or discover onions in their food. You can not like them and deal with it like any adult. I have no idea how you deal with it.

More gloating or a quandary more than a peeve. A gorgeous former employee of mine wants to go for a drink tomorrow night, she's a lot younger than me (over a decade) but i suspect has always had a bit of a thing for me. (lord knows why) Anyway not really sure what i should do and i suppose its the indecision that annoys me. I mean obviously I'm gonna go for the drink but can i really date a 23 year old and not look like a dickhead?

More gloating or a quandary more than a peeve. A gorgeous former employee of mine wants to go for a drink tomorrow night, she's a lot younger than me (over a decade) but i suspect has always had a bit of a thing for me. (lord knows why) Anyway not really sure what i should do and i suppose its the indecision that annoys me. I mean obviously I'm gonna go for the drink but can i really date a 23 year old and not look like a dickhead?
Not really on topic here, but I always heard Australian women were pretty "open" when it came to sex, especially compared to U.S. women. But on top of that I heard they really like American men because Australian men treat women like garbage.

Now full disclosure, this is the folk lore passed around amongst U.S. Navy sailors. But the legend has always been that you really really want a port call in the AU. Stories of women on the pier (which isn't at all how it works) and you write you name on your dixie cup (the stupid looking sailor hat) and then when you go ashore you find the girl who caught your dixie cup and spend the weekend with her.

I spent 5 days of liberty in Perth, AU and I'm pretty sure everything I had heard were sea stories. I'm not saying Australian women aren't DTF, but in general I never encountered "local" girls who seemed even half interested in the average U.S. sailor, and Perth was no exception.

Maybe I've complained about this already. The foothills of Utah Co., especially Cedar Hills, somehow made available to developers. Perfectly good land for all to enjoy - hiking, biking, camping, hunting, fishing, sledding, etc. all locked up to all but a select few. And it was pretty damn important animal habitat.

Why do we let these things happen? There was plenty of space to build houses without destroying an entire mountain range by gobbling up the foothills.

23 year olds suck in general if you are an older gentleman (30 +)

Maybe I've complained about this already. The foothills of Utah Co., especially Cedar Hills, somehow made available to developers. Perfectly good land for all to enjoy - hiking, biking, camping, hunting, fishing, sledding, etc. all locked up to all but a select few. And it was pretty damn important animal habitat.

Why do we let these things happen? There was plenty of space to build houses without destroying an entire mountain range by gobbling up the foothills.
One if my main regrets in life is not fighting harder to conserve wildlife habitat.

Watched a UFC main event fight card tonight.

**** the wrestlers that have no other skillset.

There were a couple tonight that would simply latch on to a body part of their opponent and hang on for dear life. And win the fight that way. The loser of the fight would be totally fine and unhurt but they lost cause the opponent simply grabbed hold of a body part and held on for the win.

Those fights are lame.

Omfg!!!!! Never done that...and I’ve thought about how I will if I’m not careful.
So I was in a bathroom in the airport in Detroit. I'm in the bigger stall changing into shorts for the flight (I had come from work directly and hate flying in slacks). Some guy comes in, taking really loudly on a cell phone. This was during the peak of the blackberry era. By the sounds of the conversation he figured himself to be a really high powered business man. Probably had the latest blackberry. He goes into the stall next to me, still talking. He talks through his...um, business, which didn't sound good... Then obviously gets up and starts trying to do everything back up with one hand, while he is still talking. Pretty soon I hear a bloop. The guy goes silent as his blackberry obviously falls into the toilet. And the auto flush toilet hadn't flushed yet. Then he yells the single loudest F-word I've ever heard. I have never laughed so hard in an airport bathroom.

I have a broken car. I've had to rent a car to get to work as I look for a new car. For some strange *** reason they use a steel cable to keep two key fobs attached when no one would ever need both of them, but you know modern key fobs, they're huge, and now I need to haul two of them around.

Autocorrect. Great 75% of the time. Dumb as **** the other 25%. Makes absolutely no sense why they “correct” words to what they “correct” them to.

Autocorrect. Great 75% of the time. Dumb as **** the other 25%. Makes absolutely no sense why they “correct” words to what they “correct” them to.
I use swipe, which I know is dumb, but I "swipe" the word "yes" and 90% of the time it types "yippy" like who the **** says yippy all the time? ****, typing it here I get the squiggly red underline because google doesn't think it's a word, yet swipe think that's what i want to say more often than I say "yes"

yippee!!!! that's how it's spelled, and that's why you get the red squiggly line

I think yippy is like a dog that yips a lot - it's a yippy dog.

YCTML

Swamp ***. I swear it gets worse by the year. Maybe the month. Do I walk around smelling like ****? I wonder if this swamp *** smells so bad at times. I can’t imagine what it’s gonna be like in another five years. Another 10-15 years. Jesus. I’m just gonna have to walk around with wet wipes in my pockets and excuse myself once every couple hours to wipe or something.

Swamp ***. I swear it gets worse by the year. Maybe the month. Do I walk around smelling like ****? I wonder if this swamp *** smells so bad at times. I can’t imagine what it’s gonna be like in another five years. Another 10-15 years. Jesus. I’m just gonna have to walk around with wet wipes in my pockets and excuse myself once every couple hours to wipe or something.
Damned global warming

This is a pet peeve, but it's not a stupid one.

These damned idiots who don't get their kids vaccinated. There's another freaking mumps outbreak near me, and we're having a kid soon who won't be able to be vaccinated until they're older. These assholes are endangering everybody else's kids because they can't understand simple science.

ASSWIPES

This is a pet peeve, but it's not a stupid one.

These damned idiots who don't get their kids vaccinated. There's another freaking mumps outbreak near me, and we're having a kid soon who won't be able to be vaccinated until they're older. These assholes are endangering everybody else's kids because they can't understand simple science.

ASSWIPES

It is the beginning of the end of the enlightenment.