What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Website forms that have the fields like name, address, phone, etc., labeled INSIDE the field instead of outside. That makes Chrome autocomplete completely ineffective because I can't trust that the autocompleted fields got filled in with the right info and have to manually check every single field to see what was supposed to go there.

Yeah, you might be right.

But there are times when I don't mind or I might even offer since I'm going to stop for myself. The whole vague order thing is what irritates me. I talked to my wife after this last time, after having felt like it has been obvious that I want an exact order in the past, telling her that if she wants me to pick food up she needs to give me the exact menu items that she wants.

I was just busting chops. I’d be annoyed too. I’d just bluntly say, “Look at the menu and text me what you want. Text me a 1b too in case they don’t have it.”

Being told to "do your research" by idiots who know far less about the subject their spouting off about than your average door knob.
Sounds like facebook

Sounds like facebook
I think I've decided I'm going to delete my facebook account. Last night I cleared out my friends list to people I either like and/or actually consider friends, people who post things I enjoy reading and close family members. I'm down to 36 "friends" on facebook. I'm thinking that will be the first step towards just getting off that platform.

I think facebook has made the world a significantly worse place in many many ways.

I think I've decided I'm going to delete my facebook account. Last night I cleared out my friends list to people I either like and/or actually consider friends, people who post things I enjoy reading and close family members. I'm down to 36 "friends" on facebook. I'm thinking that will be the first step towards just getting off that platform.

I think facebook has made the world a significantly worse place in many many ways.
I agree wholeheartedly. I dropped Facebook after a close relative went on the attack and I decided I'd had enough. The negative experiences far outweigh the positive imo. It's been 8 years since I pulled that plug and I've never once looked back.

I rarely “post” there anymore. For me it’s become a way to stay in touch with people I care about, but don’t talk to all that much. Some mission companions and friends from Central America have accounts (but don’t post much) and that’s the only way I’d have to keep in contact with them. Cousins that live out of state. Long time family friends.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I held off getting Facebook forever but finally gave in because events get posted there and keeping in touch with international friends and usa friends I don't have other contact methods with. But yeah, it sucks to scroll through. I changed my settings and labeled people I like to show up at the top and that's all I look at. Every couple days I scroll through about 10-20 posts that I enjoy and call it good.

Progressive Snapshot. This thing beeps at me every time a light turns yellow and I should clearly stop but would make it if I sped up 15 mph. I feel like I have to make a choice between pissing the thing off and running red lights. Safe driver discount my butt.

My chrome on android got some update and now it has this new feature which groups the tabs. If I open a link from one website it will stay linked to the main tab and you can switch between them at the bottom of the page. For other tabs it stays like before, you tap at the top. What the hell is that **** for and why I don't see any way to switch it off? Why fix something that ain't broken?

When someone emails/texts/messages me and I reply within seconds with a question, but then it takes them another hour plus to get back to me again with the answer.