What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Just jump on a kangaroo and ride that.

Not remotely amused. Pretty sure my fuel pump is fried took it to an auto elec to sort that out two weeks ago, he said its fine nothing to worry about. Its a ****ing 1500 part.

Not remotely amused. Pretty sure my fuel pump is fried took it to an auto elec to sort that out two weeks ago, he said its fine nothing to worry about. Its a ****ing 1500 part.
1500 for a fuel pump? What do you drive? A Ferrari?

BMW M3, remember that's Australian dollars and we get absolutely raped on European car parts here.
That's still over $1000 for a fuel pump. Was this the "out the door" price from a BMW dealership?

I figure a fuel pump is 1hr labor 2hr would be my ultra-max guess. I can buy an aftermarket performance branded fuel pump for my car for $150. You basically just need to drop the fuel tank and it's like a couple bolts and an electrical connector away from being a done deal.

That's still over $1000 for a fuel pump. Was this the "out the door" price from a BMW dealership?

I figure a fuel pump is 1hr labor 2hr would be my ultra-max guess. I can buy an aftermarket performance branded fuel pump for my car for $150. You basically just need to drop the fuel tank and it's like a couple bolts and an electrical connector away from being a done deal.
1500 is for the genuine bmw part. Gets better tho, car has been in alarm all day, i got called by the local constabulary and left work early to sort it. Last time i left work early my former partner thought she was dying (wish she had)

Finding a charging station for my car anywhere not in Cali. Made a trip to St. George this weekend, and the only stations were Tesla stations or were all set up at Hotels which tack on a parking charge usually $10 per hour. Not going to pay the price of a tank of gas for parking just to top off my car's charge. The only one I could use in St George was nowhere near anything we were doing, so I just bagged the whole thing. But I am sure this will change as we get more and more EVs and PHEVs on the roads.

Edit: Oh yeah, part of this peeve is also the fact that there are at least 5 different companies offering charging points, so for each one I have to download their app, load it with cash or tie my card to it, all so I can charge my car for an hour while I am in Walmart or whatever. That is irritating.

Power rankings that start with team #30.

The Ringer which has the Utah Jazz at #6 in the power rankings despite having the best record in the NBA and after an 11 game win streak picking right back up and starting another win streak despite a compressed road schedule that included a win without their starting PG, Mike Conley. That's some stupid *** disrespect. Every other power ranking has the Jazz at #1 or #2.

This is not really a pet peeve, but where else can I post this ridiculous thing?

When you make an online purchase and it gives you the option to share your purchase via various social media platforms. I just checked out at Newegg having bought a couple USB 3.1 thumb drives, yes Newegg I can't wait to post to facebook about it, thanks for the handy link. All 10 of my facebook friends are gonna be so excited to know what I bought.

This is not really a pet peeve, but where else can I post this ridiculous thing?

When you make an online purchase and it gives you the option to share your purchase via various social media platforms. I just checked out at Newegg having bought a couple USB 3.1 thumb drives, yes Newegg I can't wait to post to facebook about it, thanks for the handy link. All 10 of my facebook friends are gonna be so excited to know what I bought.

Im pumped you bought some ****!

So guys i'm pretty much exhausted, got close to 30 weeks of leave if you count annual leave and long service combined. Basically cant get any leave approved, so burnt out im not sleeping. No idea how long i can keep this up, my flat looks like ****, my diet is ****ed, i feel so unhealthy

So guys i'm pretty much exhausted, got close to 30 weeks of leave if you count annual leave and long service combined. Basically cant get any leave approved, so burnt out im not sleeping. No idea how long i can keep this up, my flat looks like ****, my diet is ****ed, i feel so unhealthy

Can you get in even a tiny bit of exercise each day? 15-20 minutes? I’ve felt quite a bit better since going vegan too. Something to consider.