What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Just to be clear Halloween is TODAY.

Don't know what the heck people were up to last night but they don't seem to understand how calendars work.

Did you deny all those poor kids their candy?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Did you deny all those poor kids their candy?

Yes, but not until after I gave them a stern lecture.

I'm kidding, I wasn't home for most of the evening so I wasn't handing out candy either way.

Pet peeve: being a glass house.

I'm pretty sure I retore my labrum in my hip again. It's a struggle to walk now and sleep.

I probably over did it hiking in Escalante, but damn, didn't think that would be enough to tear it.

Last edited:
Neighbours are having a house party, scaring the local bats...

Also the local bats...

And getting raped so hard by nut jobs at work i haven't eaten since 10am, its now midnight.

Also monday night house parties.

:/
This sucks.
I'm sorry man. I've been dealing with a somewhat mysterious ankle issue the last few months and when it's bad I can't walk at all without breaking into a sweat and having an adrenaline response to the extreme pain. I've never really dealt with this sort of pain before that makes it almost impossible to do anything, not the least of which is work. It's demoralizing and depressing as much as it's painful.

I'm sorry man. I've been dealing with a somewhat mysterious ankle issue the last few months and when it's bad I can't walk at all without breaking into a sweat and having an adrenaline response to the extreme pain. I've never really dealt with this sort of pain before that makes it almost impossible to do anything, not the least of which is work. It's demoralizing and depressing as much as it's painful.
That sucks. I can't imagine.

Why is it the most depressing time for you?
I work 6pm to 6:30am. It is dark when I wake up and dark when I go to sleep once DST goes away. With DST I get some daylight in the evening as I drive to work and much more of my awake time on my days off is during daylight.

I work 6pm to 6:30am. It is dark when I wake up and dark when I go to sleep once DST goes away. With DST I get some daylight in the evening as I drive to work and much more of my awake time on my days off is during daylight.

Dude i night shift for 6 years, feel your pain

So is it me or are people running red lights more than ever?

Very very often I am stopped at a red light but when it turns green for me a car flies through from a direction that the light is now red. There is a delay between the light turning red for them and then going green for me, so this isn't someone gunning it through a yellow light. This is someone who enters an intersection a least a few seconds after the light has gone red.

People, this is one of the most dangerous things you could possibly do in a car. People approaching an intersection just before it turns green might be moving at relatively fast speeds. They are not required to wait after the light turns green. If they are moving and the light turns green they are allowed to enter the intersection at the full speed limit.

Bottom line, if you aren't going to make it into the intersection before the light turns red then ****ing stop. This may require you to put your cell phone down so that you actually know what's going on, sorry for the inconvenience.

When I’m watching a tv show or movie and a car roars off on a dirt or wet road and I hear the sound of tires squealing on cement.

Reminds me of one. Every ocean movie uses the same damn sound effect for a dolphin. Exact. Same. And I had a dolphin cookie jar with the same sound. So now every time I hear it I need a pavlovian cookie.

At the same time, I love the Wilhelm scream. So iconic. And if you don't know what it is, you definitely will recognize it when you hear it:

The end of daylight saving time.

:confused:

Most depressing time of the year for me.

I was getting about 7.5 hours of sleep on average pre time change. I have been getting about 5.5 since the time change

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Very very often I am stopped at a red light but when it turns green for me a car flies through from a direction that the light is now red. There is a delay between the light turning red for them and then going green for me, so this isn't someone gunning it through a yellow light. This is someone who enters an intersection a least a few seconds after the light has gone red.

People, this is one of the most dangerous things you could possibly do in a car. People approaching an intersection just before it turns green might be moving at relatively fast speeds. They are not required to wait after the light turns green. If they are moving and the light turns green they are allowed to enter the intersection at the full speed limit.

Bottom line, if you aren't going to make it into the intersection before the light turns red then ****ing stop. This may require you to put your cell phone down so that you actually know what's going on, sorry for the inconvenience.

I used to be super weary of people driving through reds when I was bouncing and driving home at like 3 or 4 in the morning saw a bunch of near misses with drunks driving straight through lights.

This, in spades. The thing that sucks is if you get hit by someone running a red light you might get a citation. I was turning left through an intersection and was waiting my turn, the light turned yellow and then red. I turned just as it turned red to clear the intersection and someone came from behind another car and tried to get through before me. He hit me, and I was cited for not allowing right of way...for a guy running an obvious red light. So apparently you have to yield right of way to people running red lights. :rolleyes:

By the way, that is also an old joke.

A guy is driving with a friend of his, when he runs a red light. "What the hell are you doing? You will get us killed!" He yelled at the guy. The driver said "don't worry, my brother does it all the time." Later he ran another red light, again the guy said "what are you doing, that is so dangerous!". The driver said "don't worry about it, my brother does it all the time." So they are approaching a green light and the driver slows down and comes to stop. The guy says "what are you doing now, the light is green?" The driver says "yeah, my brother might be coming the other way!"

BTW @Jason when I was writing this, I had to click back into the text box about 6 times because as an ad changed it took me out of the text box. This is happening a LOT lately, at least for me. Typing on google chrome on my laptop now but it happens on mobile as well.