What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

By the way, that is also an old joke.

A guy is driving with a friend of his, when he runs a red light. "What the hell are you doing? You will get us killed!" He yelled at the guy. The driver said "don't worry, my brother does it all the time." Later he ran another red light, again the guy said "what are you doing, that is so dangerous!". The driver said "don't worry about it, my brother does it all the time." So they are approaching a green light and the driver slows down and comes to stop. The guy says "what are you doing now, the light is green?" The driver says "yeah, my brother might be coming the other way!"

BTW @Jason when I was writing this, I had to click back into the text box about 6 times because as an ad changed it took me out of the text box. This is happening a LOT lately, at least for me. Typing on google chrome on my laptop now but it happens on mobile as well.
I have the same issue. Basically have stopped posting because of it. It is causing many of my drafts to post before I am done typing. Super annoying.

I have probably mentioned this before, but people who stop and look behind them constantly when trying to merge. People need to understand merging is about moving FORWARD not looking backward. They are waiting for a completely open lane and as a result they are passing up openings in traffic they could slide into. And in California traffic this is a recipe for disaster. I teach my kids that they look back long enough to find someone to follow, then get in behind them in the flow of traffic, not trying to get in front of someone because it takes forever for that kind of space to open up. If you are accelerating into traffic you can slip in behind nearly anyone with no problem and minimal disruption to traffic. Along with this, use your ****ing turn signal. This drives me nuts.

I have probably mentioned this before, but people who stop and look behind them constantly when trying to merge. People need to understand merging is about moving FORWARD not looking backward. They are waiting for a completely open lane and as a result they are passing up openings in traffic they could slide into. And in California traffic this is a recipe for disaster. I teach my kids that they look back long enough to find someone to follow, then get in behind them in the flow of traffic, not trying to get in front of someone because it takes forever for that kind of space to open up. If you are accelerating into traffic you can slip in behind nearly anyone with no problem and minimal disruption to traffic. Along with this, use your ****ing turn signal. This drives me nuts.
And if the person merging in front of you stops and you are looking backwards, you'll be at fault when you slam into them. Agree it is a poor practice and it causes many accidents.

Edit: In some states, like WA, merging is only the responsibility of the merger. In CA as I recall, both the person on the road and the merger have duties to work together to merge. Some people in WA follow it to a T making it very hard to merge sometimes.

Last edited:
Just git er done. Changing lanes/merging in Utah is a battle against tailgaters. Nearly a contact sport.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

Impatient people using the middle turning lane to pull out into traffic instead of waiting 5 seconds for traffic to pass.

That's the correct thing to do though. You're talking about a person pulling out of a parking lot or whatever onto a 5 lane road (2 per direction and a middle lane)? Yeah, that's the way you're supposed to do it.

Trying to find a place to stay for a weekend in St. George. Using sites like vrbo and Airbnb are ridiculous. Listed price is $125 per night. Then add all the fees and your price doubles. Why do you need a listing fee, a service fee, AND a cleaning fee?! Freaking rape.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

That's the correct thing to do though. You're talking about a person pulling out of a parking lot or whatever onto a 5 lane road (2 per direction and a middle lane)? Yeah, that's the way you're supposed to do it.
Yes, during high traffic it can be necessary but during low traffic you can wait a few seconds for the road to be clear so as not to make everyone start hitting the brakes. I could go on and on about Utarded drivers, especially since I drive so much out of state and internationally and see how bad we have it here.

Yes, during high traffic it can be necessary but during low traffic you can wait a few seconds for the road to be clear so as not to make everyone start hitting the brakes. I could go on and on about Utarded drivers, especially since I drive so much out of state and internationally and see how bad we have it here.

Okay, I feel you and I agree. I only typically use the center lane if a) the gap from one direction and the other does not seem to be lining up, and b) there are people behind me waiting to make the same turn.

In honest truth, I usually opt to make a right turn and then either make a u-turn or just alter my route rather than trying to make an impossible left turn in busy traffic.

The thing I really hate is when there are two or three lanes on your side of the road but the back-up is in the right lane and someone kindly leaves a space for you which only serves as a trap because there is traffic going full speed in the other lanes. I've seen too many videos of that being a set-up for an accident that will be your fault.

How did you figure that out if you're not familiar with the area?

Why thank you for asking.

I really just wanted to see if Gameface was right and like I said, I like maps, so went on to Google maps and looked up Wasatch Blvd in Salt lake. That photo obviously is facing east, so I needed to find a straight east/west portion of road. Funnily enough, Google put me on the opposite end of the road, so I trailed it until I got a straight east/west portion, which surprisingly is a very small stretch of that particular road. Did street view, pointed east, and was basically at what I ended up clipping. I was slightly west of where I actually snipped, but could verify the location easily enough with the foliage and mailboxes.