What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Sounds like you belong in the right lane. Move the **** over.
Technically, and legally, everyone belongs in the right lane, except to pass, then move back over again. But Americans can't be bothered to follow any such stupid rules just to let traffic flow better. It's all about my lane, and that's always always always the left lane.

Getting ghosted by recruiters especially after you have had final level interview and even on-site interviews with VPs and such. Just send a short note saying tough luck for you *******, you didn't get the job. How hard is that? ****ing assholes.

Getting ghosted by recruiters especially after you have had final level interview and even on-site interviews with VPs and such. Just send a short note saying tough luck for you *******, you didn't get the job. How hard is that? ****ing assholes.

Internal recruiters or external?

Internal recruiters or external?
Both. Usually external recruiters are good about following up. Lately I have been ghosted by both. But internal are far worse. They just let **** drop. I guess that is a clue that I wouldn't want to work for that company anyway, right? If they are that bad at following up that they cannot be bothered to send a quick thanks-but-no-thanks note to the 3 out of 4 candidates they brought to the building but didn't chose to hire. Can't be bothered to copy and paste 3 whole emails, amirite? Assholes.

Tell me you drive a lifted black F350 without telling me you drive a lifted black F350.
I’ve never driven a lifted vehicle in any way, shape, or form. I have no need to overcompensate for my peepee size. And I hate Fords, so there’s that, too.
I do drive a one ton truck, but that’s only because I have a big camping trailer that I pull. Tried pulling it with my 1/2 ton and it was not a pleasant experience. Literally nearly died.
But hey, way to douche out. Congrats.

I know the game and hate it. Either they are too lazy (busy) to care, or they are “saving face” for a month later when their first option backs out or quits and they have to call you and pretend you were the first option but they had “approval delays”.

I’ve never driven a lifted vehicle in any way, shape, or form. I have no need to overcompensate for my peepee size. And I hate Fords, so there’s that, too.
I do drive a one ton truck, but that’s only because I have a big camping trailer that I pull. Tried pulling it with my 1/2 ton and it was not a pleasant experience. Literally nearly died.
But hey, way to douche out. Congrats.

Ha ha, snowflake.

Both. Usually external recruiters are good about following up. Lately I have been ghosted by both. But internal are far worse. They just let **** drop. I guess that is a clue that I wouldn't want to work for that company anyway, right? If they are that bad at following up that they cannot be bothered to send a quick thanks-but-no-thanks note to the 3 out of 4 candidates they brought to the building but didn't chose to hire. Can't be bothered to copy and paste 3 whole emails, amirite? Assholes.

That's terrible. The amount of ghosting in general these days is crazy. Kind of sad that phone calls have been taken over by one-way communication, which often turns into no communication.

I just went to the Xfinity website to pay my internet bill. Afterwards I got a text asking me "based on this interaction how likely are you to recommend Xfinity to friends and family. 0 is not likely at all 10 is very likely."

My response: 0

"Oh, we're sorry to hear that. Would you be willing to tell us why you selected 0?"

My response: Nobody recommends the cable company. It would be like me telling someone that I know a great company that they could use to get their mail delivered, the USPS. No one likes you.

"Did we resolve your issue"

My response: No

Just eat it. Most things are good way way past that date anyway. They purposely make that date way sooner than needed so if you get sick for any reason they can point to the silly expiration date and say, "see your milk was only good for 18 hours, and you drank it 3 whole days later, you deserve to die and it isn't our fault". Everything like that is driven by liability issues and to avoid frivolous lawsuits. In fact milk can be consumed entirely sour, it takes a good 2-3 weeks past the expiration for it to truly become "bad". We use milk that is turning to make our own yogurt in the instant pot. Just put in some milk, add a spoonful of plain greek yogurt and set it to yogurt setting and a day later we have more yogurt, which lasts a lot longer and tastes really good.
Speaking of frivolous lawsuits. This kind of **** is just ridiculous and the fact that the judge gave this any semblence of merit shows she should be disbarred. This kind of **** is a huge black eye on our justice system.

This sucks. Cannot get percocet from any pharmacy in about a 20 mile radius, at least of the dozen or so I have called.

‘Pendulum Swung Too Far’

The end result of all these efforts is that opioid prescribing in the U.S. has fallen by nearly 50 percent, even as drug deaths continued to climb to record levels, fueled primarily by street drugs made with illicit fentanyl.

“It seems like the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction, where people deserving and people needing controlled substances are unable to access them,” said Colin Banas, MD, Chief Medical Officer for DrFirst, a healthcare technology consultant.

A recent survey of 400 patients by DrFirst found that one in four (27%) had run out of medication while waiting for their prescription to be renewed. Many had to contact their pharmacy or doctor more than once to get their prescription renewed.

Banas is concerned that DEA plans to reimpose “guardrails” on prescribing that were suspended during the pandemic will undermine telehealth and make it even harder to get controlled substances. The DEA’s proposed rules, which many consider confusing, will require patients to have an in-person meeting with a provider before being prescribed a Schedule II controlled substance like oxycodone.

How about that, prescriptions for valid use are not the primary driver of the opioid crisis. Idiots.

I needed to change a flight on Delta for this Thursday from the illustrious city of Great Falls, MT the the **** hole backwater we all know and love, SLC, UT. First thing I tried was the mobile app. It let me go through the process until the confirmation and then threw an error. I tried several times. When I got back to my hotel I tried on my personal laptop (I travel with both a personal laptop and work laptop) and same thing, error after clicking the confirm button.

I tried an AI text chat and that was Dumb as ****! It told me that I should be fine changing the flight on the app. No problem. I tried again, it didn't work.

So, they have the ultimate convenience of being able to text chat with a representative. Wait time for the text chat (this is over SMS text) was 8 min. As per usual they needed me to confirm stuff that they most assuredly already know about my travel info. No problem. First actual text was the person saying "Is this triple confirmed info correct?" I'm like yeah. Then they say "I need to do a forensic investigation of your travel info, are you okay waiting?" That's not word for word but they did say they needed to look into my travel info, a non-stop from Great Falls to SLC, and asked if I was okay waiting. I'm obviously like sure, do what you gotta do. After (I'm checking the actual time) 8 min later they respond, "Because you used a third party, like a travel agency or online site they can't change the flight, since it's an unused ticket and has a negotiated rate." Their statement was longer than that but that's what they said. I booked through the app my employer makes us use to book travel, very very standard for business travel. I have changed flights after booking through this app before, but in that case the new flight was more expensive. In this case the price of the flight had gone down by quite a bit. I asked if that was why I couldn't change the flight. Then they tell me "If I change your flight you will have to pay a $50 fee and you will lose your negotiated rate. I hope you can understand this."

So now the flight CAN be changed but I'm being threatened with having to pay more for it plus a fee. They quickly followed up with "Can I help you with anything else?" I responded with, "Okay so how much will the new flight be?" 9 min later they said please wait while I check, 8 min later they said they are checking.

Meanwhile I just called the damn number to talk to a person on the phone. It said it would be a 20 min wait do I want a call back or to stay on the line. I picked stay on hold. A little less than 20 min later a person, presumably from Georgia by the accent, picked up the call and within 3-4 min had me on my new flight, gave me $122 credit in the price difference and upgraded me to comfort+ (poor man's first class). The person on text hadn't even responded. It had been 15 min since the last text from them. So 32 min of them checking the price.

I replied to the text saying I'm all good now, no further assistance is needed. Thank you.

It got even crazier as the text person couldn't let this go but I don't have time for that right now.

Last edited:
I needed to change a flight on Delta for this Thursday from the illustrious city of Great Falls, MT the the **** hole backwater we all know and love, SLC, UT. First thing I tried was the mobile app. It let me go through the process until the confirmation and then threw an error. I tried several times. When I got back to my hotel I tried on my personal laptop (I travel with both a personal laptop and work laptop) and same thing, error after clicking the confirm button.

I tried an AI text chat and that was Dumb as ****! It told me that I should be fine changing the flight on the app. No problem. I tried again, it didn't work.

So, they have the ultimate convenience of being able to text chat with a representative. Wait time for the text chat (this is over SMS text) was 8 min. As per usual they needed me to confirm stuff that they most assuredly already know about my travel info. No problem. First actual text was the person saying "Is this triple confirmed info correct?" I'm like yeah. Then they say "I need to do a forensic investigation of your travel info, are you okay waiting?" That's not word for word but they did say they needed to look into my travel info, a non-stop from Great Falls to SLC, and asked if I was okay waiting. I'm obviously like sure, do what you gotta do. After (I'm checking the actual time) 8 min later they respond, "Because you used a third party, like a travel agency or online site they can't change the flight, since it's an unused ticket and has a negotiated rate." Their statement was longer than that but that's what they said. I booked through the app my employer makes us use to book travel, very very standard for business travel. I have changed flights after booking through this app before, but in that case the new flight was more expensive. In this case the price of the flight had gone down by quite a bit. I asked if that was why I couldn't change the flight. Then they tell me "If I change your flight you will have to pay a $50 fee and you will lose your negotiated rate. I hope you can understand this."

So now the flight CAN be changed but I'm being threatened with having to pay more for it plus a fee. They quickly followed up with "Can I help you with anything else?" I responded with, "Okay so how much will the new flight be?" 9 min later they said please wait while I check, 8 min later they said they are checking.

Meanwhile I just called the damn number to talk to a person on the phone. It said it would be a 20 min wait do I want a call back or to stay on the line. I picked stay on hold. A little less than 20 min later a person, presumably from Georgia by the accent, picked up the call and within 3-4 min had me on my new flight, gave me $122 credit in the price difference and upgraded me to comfort+ (poor man's first class). The person on text hadn't even responded. It had been 15 min since the last text from them. So 32 min of them checking the price.

I replied to the text saying I'm all good now, no further assistance is needed. Thank you.

It got even crazier as the text person couldn't let this go but I don't have time for that right now.
Decent chance the text person was AI.

Decent chance the text person was AI.
Well then it was in full hallucination mode. I didn't add the stuff from after my issue was fixed but they continued to say that they would have had to charge me a fee and "take full control" of my ticket since it was booked through a third party, etc. Then they said they kept trying to get the info but since I was talking to a person on the phone they couldn't get access. I told them I was talking to the person for easily less than 5 min after waiting more than 30 min for a response from them.

I think it was a person in Pakistan or India (based on the name they provided) who was expected to simultaneously be texting with several people at the same time. I told them I wasn't going to cause them any trouble but that I was upset that they gave me incorrect info and didn't help me solve my problem. They continued being defensive and telling me how they couldn't do what I was asking for.

The person on the phone basically stopped me from giving my flight info mid stream because she was like yeah, I have it right here. I said I want a later flight and while she was looking for that she explained how I can always avoid fees by changing within 24hrs of the flight, only issue is if the seats sell out. Before she even got done saying that she had the next flight and was telling me the price had gone down and that I'd be getting a credit. I was like "nice" and then she said she could upgrade me. I say less than 5 min but it might have been 2-3 min.

**** the war on opioids and especially **** Walgreens. Most opioids are backordered here, so I've been calling pharmacies to see if anyone has it. Walgreens is the only one just won't tell me if the have it in stock unless they get a prescription for it. Every other pharmacy has just said "hang on let me check". Of course, no one has it. But Walgreens adds the extra ****-you of we won't even check unless we already have the prescription. And getting my doctor's to move my prescription around takes a ****ing act of Congress. This whole thing is so ****ed up. So I'm using kratom almost exclusive, but even there I am having problems with supply. I called the customer service of the site I use mostly and they said this year they've seen a huge surge in demand and are having a hard time filling it. Well yeah, we've cut off the ****ing prescription supply so people are being forced to turn to alternative sources. Kratom is high on that list. I've also read there has been a significant up-tick in heroin use. Restricting opioids like this makes the whole things worse all the way around. Especially considering that in recent years most deaths have occurred from illicit sources largely laced with fentanyl. They have ****ed this up so bad it's hard to put into words. I'm lucky that I'm used to it largely and can still force myself to function without it, but even people like terminal patients are having a hard time getting it. Legislators need to get their heads out of their asses and start actually listening to medical professionals and look at the ****ing data about it.