What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

BMWs and Mercs usually tediously slow like they're driving through a minefield
It may be different where you are. In the U.S. BMW and Mercedes only send their premium(ish) models. BMWs are usually sporty cars here. Mercedes are often bigger cars, but it is a luxury brand in the U.S..

I don't know this, but I think I've been told Mercedes and BMW have a wider range in many other parts of the world where they have a much larger percentage of the market.

It may be different where you are. In the U.S. BMW and Mercedes only send their premium(ish) models. BMWs are usually sporty cars here. Mercedes are often bigger cars, but it is a luxury brand in the U.S..

I don't know this, but I think I've been told Mercedes and BMW have a wider range in many other parts of the world where they have a much larger percentage of the market.

yeah man these are the sporty nice models, just for some reason a lot of people here seem to drive them crazy slow

yeah man these are the sporty nice models, just for some reason a lot of people here seem to drive them crazy slow
Oh.

BMWs are generally snotty rich kids, mid-life crisis 40-50 somethings dudes, or privileged housewives.

Oh.

BMWs are generally snotty rich kids, mid-life crisis 40-50 somethings dudes, or privileged housewives.

yeah was just gonna say a lot are the newly licensed driver, spoilt rich kids or snooty older rich people who love their cars a little too much

Im selling my BMW M3 if either of you are interested? Actually considered trading it for an M2 but there really is nowhere to drive cars like that here anymore, will hopefully have a 4x4 in the driveway in a couple of weeks. Also decided to slowly restore my Alpina C2 2.5, that gonna probably cost me 40k, will look to start the project around this time next year.

Last edited:
Im selling my BMW M3 if either of you are interested? Actually considered trading it for an M2 but there really is nowhere to drive cars like that here anymore, will hopefully have a 4x4 in the driveway in a couple of weeks. Also decided to slowly restore my Alpina C2 2.5, that gonna probably cost me 40k, will look to start the project around this time next year.
Jacked up 4x4 with no blinker?

If owning a BMW makes you a douche what does owning six make you? Does the age of the BMW temper the douchiness?

If owning a BMW makes you a douche what does owning six make you? Does the age of the BMW temper the douchiness?
BMWs are nice cars. There are some I'd be more than happy to own. But just like Subarus, big trucks and low riders have a stereotypical owner, so do BMWs

Ive come close to owning 6

1982 e28 528i
1991 e30 325iS
1985 e30 Alpina C2 2.5
1991 e30 318iS
2001 e46 M3

I've only got the Alpina and M3 left, (plus parts from the 318iS) The M3 has actually increased in value over the ten years I've owned it but I've spent close to over 20k on it over those years. The Alpina which I bought for 13k cash 20 years ago is now worth somewhere around 80 thousand dollars but it needs a resto, which I think I should do.

BMWs are nice cars. There are some I'd be more than happy to own. But just like Subarus, big trucks and low riders have a stereotypical owner, so do BMWs

I like german engineering, especially at used prices, but there's a ton of American and Japanese vehicles I'd be happy to own. I honestly haven't noticed too many BMW drivers living up to the stereotype but there's a lot of terrible Subaru drivers. Of course every other car is a Subaru around here. Jacked up trucks are dumb IMO, unless you really need the ground clearance.

Ive come close to owning 6

1982 e28 528i
1991 e30 325iS
1985 e30 Alpina C2 2.5
1991 e30 318iS
2001 e46 M3

I've only got the Alpina and M3 left, (plus parts from the 318iS) The M3 has actually increased in value over the ten years I've owned it but I've spent close to over 20k on it over those years. The Alpina which I bought for 13k cash 20 years ago is now worth somewhere around 80 thousand dollars but it needs a resto, which I think I should do.

Definitely not a douchey one on that list. :D Alpina should do well.

Definitely not a douchey one on that list. :D Alpina should do well.

If I do the resto it should be pretty mint, prices on these rare e30s are going nuts, I'll likely never sell it. The M3 has to go, just not practical as a daily driver.

the market is strong.

I like german engineering, especially at used prices, but there's a ton of American and Japanese vehicles I'd be happy to own. I honestly haven't noticed too many BMW drivers living up to the stereotype but there's a lot of terrible Subaru drivers. Of course every other car is a Subaru around here. Jacked up trucks are dumb IMO, unless you really need the ground clearance.
Subaru WRX and STi drivers are pretty much universally jackass drivers. Those are the most ticketed cars in the U.S. pretty much every year.

Subaru WRX and STi drivers are pretty much universally jackass drivers. Those are the most ticketed cars in the U.S. pretty much every year.
I dont typically judge people off what they drive but this does seem to hold pretty true. Also the loudest cars which apparently is something to be proud of. (I personally want my vehicle to be as quiet as possible)

I dont typically judge people off what they drive but this does seem to hold pretty true. Also the loudest cars which apparently is something to be proud of. (I personally want my vehicle to be as quiet as possible)
Yeah I had an STi from 2019 to 2022 and I loved it, but I can confirm I drove it around like a jackass. I also did some modifications to the exhaust but not the stock mufflers so it was a bit louder than stock but not stupid fart box loud. In order to get more horsepower than stock you have to use a less restrictive exhaust. They ship them the way they do to comply with EPA regulations, but by changing out a few easy parts you can get 30% or more power out of them so it's pretty standard to do that.

They are fun cars to drive but they encourage douchbaggary. Some people get confused and think they bought a drag car and they aren't "fast" like that, but it doesn't stop some people from trying to run them like that, which usually ends up with a blown out head gasket or ringland failure.

Yeah I had an STi from 2019 to 2022 and I loved it, but I can confirm I drove it around like a jackass. I also did some modifications to the exhaust but not the stock mufflers so it was a bit louder than stock but not stupid fart box loud. In order to get more horsepower than stock you have to use a less restrictive exhaust. They ship them the way they do to comply with EPA regulations, but by changing out a few easy parts you can get 30% or more power out of them so it's pretty standard to do that.

They are fun cars to drive but they encourage douchbaggary. Some people get confused and think they bought a drag car and they aren't "fast" like that, but it doesn't stop some people from trying to run them like that, which usually ends up with a blown out head gasket or ringland failure.

Mate of mine had one of the old school ones think first generation, he'd done a fair bit of work to it, was a nice little motor. I only ever drove it the once the pedal box was too small for my feet, don't think the Japanese had size 15 shoes in mind when they designed it.