What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Thanks mate, dad had two more heart attacks tonight and passed away. Mum and i have just got home from the Royal Melbourne. Can't believe he's gone.
I am so sorry! That's incredibly sad. Wishing you and your family comfort at this difficult time.

Thanks mate, dad had two more heart attacks tonight and passed away. Mum and i have just got home from the Royal Melbourne. Can't believe he's gone.
So sorry my friend. Hate to hear that. Hope you and your mum can find some peace. For what it's worth you'll be in our thoughts.

I hate when there is 2 slow moving vehicles on a 4 lane highway, or when there is a semi truck on the fast lane going 50 mph.
There was a name for that back in the day. I haven't heard it in a really long time and I'll provide it in a spoiler box but it may be offensive to some people.

When I was younger we called that a Mormon roadblock.

There was a name for that back in the day. I haven't heard it in a really long time and I'll provide it in a spoiler box but it may be offensive to some people.

When I was younger we called that a Mormon roadblock.
I’ve never heard it called that. Kinda funny.

I just realized that one of my favorite PC game franchises, XCOM, is now very close to the name of new twitter, AKA "X" which exists at X.com.

Yeah it's not a big deal at all. Elon is just so dumb sometimes.

I just realized that one of my favorite PC game franchises, XCOM, is now very close to the name of new twitter, AKA "X" which exists at X.com.

Yeah it's not a big deal at all. Elon is just so dumb sometimes.

If you like XCOM look at Xenonauts its like a remake of the original

The condition of the roads along the Wasatch Front is utterly appalling. Literally cannot drive on any road without feeling like I’m on a roller coaster that’s falling down.
Agreed. Also, construction everywhere

The condition of the roads along the Wasatch Front is utterly appalling. Literally cannot drive on any road without feeling like I’m on a roller coaster that’s falling down.

The welcome and the send-off potholes near the SLC International Airport have got to be some kind of a joke. They've been there for years. It's like, "Welcome to Romania!"

Not too far off of California roads. Drive from Tracy CA to Redlands today, 6 hours. Pretty sure I read somewhere the entire stretch was adopted by 6-flags.

I sort of debated if this belongs here, the reverse pet peeve thread, the law enforcement thread or something else. Whatever, I'm putting this here.

There is a YouTube channel called Behind the Mugshot

What they claim is that they show a sort of behind the scenes of DUI arrests.

What they show are attractive, often dressed for something like the club, college age women (often below 21), who have been pulled over for a DUI.

They don't show drunk 40 to 50-something fat dudes, who I'd guess are the prime offenders of DUI. It's all decent looking college age women, usually they mention that they go to the nearby college.

So my pet peeve? Well I am a man of culture! I am not watching police encounter videos so that I can watch attractive young women stumble around trying to do a field sobriety test that any $2 lawyer would have told them to refuse. I'm looking for the more meaningful hard hitting content... so I'm pretty deep into their library at this point, making sure that I'm correct about them only showing attractive college age women. I'm almost sure, just a couple more videos...

Maps which have land shown in white and water in grey/dark color. I don't know why but it drives me crazy, it feels like my mind automatically associates white with ocean and wants the land to be of a more "solid" shade.

Screenshot_2023-09-11-15-58-22-478_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

I was in SLC a few weeks back. I could not believe how fing horrible the roads were. Just pot hole after pot hole in every neighborhood. At least on the East side of town from the U district to Sandy.