What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Yep, you've really got to execute spoiler protocol alpha plus, especially when the Jazz are hot. Gas station attendants are red zone, set condition zebra.

Zebra provides the greatest degree of subdivision and tightness to the ship. It is set immediately and automatically when general quarters is sounded. It is also set when entering or leaving port during wartime, to localize damage and control fire and flooding, or at any time the Commanding Officer deems it necessary. Modified Material Condition ZEBRA - allows movement around the ship for special conditions such as: Underway Replenishment (UNREP); Vertical Replenishment (VERTREP); Air Operations; Amphibious Operations; transit of known or suspected hazardous navigation areas.

One of the most important features of ship survivability is the ability to configure the ship to simultaneously allow the survivability system to function and the ship to be operated. Standard configurations representing varying degrees of closure and known as "material conditions" set the ship according to the degree of threat to the ship and the current operational directives. All fittings in the ship are marked to indicate how they are to be set during various material conditions. The determination of the material condition set at any time is the responsibility of the CO, who may authorize modification of any material condition. Closures are defined as closable openings in overheads, decks and bulkheads for access by personnel. Fittings are covers, valves, caps and plugs for access other than for personnel and for control of fluid flow. They may be on or in piping and ventilation systems, or in overheads, decks and bulkheads. For brevity, where context allows, the term fitting is used to include the meaning of both fitting and closure, and the term compartmentation is used to include both structural and fluid system segregation.

tl;dnr

I did open it though and started it and I appreciate your efforts at elucidating the situation for us.

I will try to read it later when I have more time.

tl;dnr

I did open it though and started it and I appreciate your efforts at elucidating the situation for us.

I will try to read it later when I have more time.

Ah, it's nothing too interesting.

I get what you're saying, and venting out here is better than acting out...and I don't wanna sound like a jerk, but I think you're building up a lot of resentment issues. If it was me, I would talk to my wife about it. Maybe you have, idk, it's really probably not my place to tell you what to do either. I do hope that it all gets better for you.

Dude, I've been married just shy of 17 years. I've known my wife since I was 13 years old and I'm just about 40 now. We lived together for four years before we got married. You think there might be some resentment? Haha, yeah. You could say that. I think it's pretty normal to have some resentment and some complaints when you've been this close to a person for so long.

Driving back from work just now, I thought I'd stop by a Maverick to get something to drink while watching the game. I haven't looked at the score of the game, and everyone at works knows not to talk to me about games because I record them for after-work viewing.

So I walk into Maverick, I grab some iced tea and some sunflower seeds. I walk to the cashier and go "how's it going". And he goes "okay other than the fact the Jazz lost!".

I was thiiis close to murdering him.

****!

****!

****!

****!

I recorded the game to an wanted to watch tonight. I have avoided the Jazz forum ESPN NBA.com all the highlight videos that pop up on YouTube. Then I open a stupid pet peeves thread and no spoiler ****!

Not a pet peeve, but a funny story I thought I'd share (also, I possibly shared this story before. Don't remember).

I used to work with a Utah County hardcore LDS guy in his 60s. One time, he looked shaken up and withdrawn. I asked him what was up, and he said:

"On my way to work, I saw this kid. He was dressed in black, and he had a pentagram on his shirt. Our eyes met, and he went 'hail Satan'. My heart dropped because I knew he was a solider of the devil, and that the army of God will have to fight him and people like him soon".

I told him it was just a goth teenager trolling him. But he insisted that he could feel the evil in his heart, and that if I had accepted the light of Christ, I would have known the same thing.

So, I guess stupid people are a pet peeve of mine?

This is awesome. You gotta pay a bunch of teens, like 50 of them, to all get dressed up like that, and go to his house on Halloween.

WTF is the Judicial Crisis Network?

anyhow, their radio ads are a major new pet peeve of mine

very annoying

I'm thinking it's somehow related to the Swift Boat Veterans

what makes the ads even more annoying are the two women having the "conversation" about their frustration with Senator Durbin - - I think they're the same two women in ads for a doctor who has a miracle cure for husbands who snore and another doctor with a cure for women with bladder control issues

hearing them just makes me think of fingernails on a chalkboard

When I talk to general contractors I've worked with for years, asking them to give me a little notice when jobs are going to ready and instead they start giving even less notice. Now about all I get is "hey, this job that you had no idea was even happening will be ready for you tomorrow. It needs to be done yesterday".

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

When someone tells me that I don't like Donald Trump because of what the media tells me about Donald Trump, because obviously I'm not brilliant like them and can see his inner beauty, when I've informed them that I have listened to Donald Trump and formed my opinion based on the stupid **** he says. I've watched him live at campaign rallies, no filter, just Donald being a stupid jackass, no one telling me what he meant by what he said, just his words. I've watched him in debates saying dumb **** that I don't like. I've watched him as President making comments and he continues to confirm how much of a POS he is.

Don't tell me that I have an opinion because I'm a gullible idiot and expect to have a conversation with me.

Super fun kicker is when they tell me I got my opinion from mother ****ing Rockefeller. Damn that's some funny **** right there.

When I think the baby is wet so I pull one wipe out of the container only to find out she's poopy. Now I'm stuck holding her butt up while trying to get more wipes out. Inevitably, this is the time that the wipes are folded in there wrong. Either the next one stays in the bottom of the package (with a hole the size of my pinky finger) or all 125 of them try to come out at the same exact time and now I'm flinging the damn thing around trying to get it to bust loose.

When I think the baby is wet so I pull one wipe out of the container only to find out she's poopy. Now I'm stuck holding her butt up while trying to get more wipes out. Inevitably, this is the time that the wipes are folded in there wrong. Either the next one stays in the bottom of the package (with a hole the size of my pinky finger) or all 125 of them try to come out at the same exact time and now I'm flinging the damn thing around trying to get it to bust loose.

We've all been there.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app

Inevitably, this is the time that the wipes are folded in there wrong. Either the next one stays in the bottom of the package (with a hole the size of my pinky finger) or all 125 of them try to come out at the same exact time and now I'm flinging the damn thing around trying to get it to bust loose.

Word.
The technology of baby wipe containers seems to be behind the times

I always check first and pull out 3 if needed. Those little ****s love to sit in their own poop and will stain whatever surface you are changing them on if you let go of the legs for half a second.

I do what franklin does, generally taking out 3-4 wipes right away, without even looking. I use way too many wipes in general, like 3-4 for pee and 7-9 for poop, so taking a few out in advance won't go to waste. If I end up taking one or two out too many, I end up just shoving them back in too. No biggie. But getting them out in advance expedites the process and eliminates any anger I sometimes feel when they stick together or won't come out right. That **** pisses me off.

Dateline - with Lester Holt

Lester gets all the credit but he doesn't actually 'do' anything. All he does is stand there and introduce the stories. He doesn't report on the stories, he doesn't do the actual investigations, he doesn't even interview a single person, and yet he gets all the credit. I really just can't stand it everytime I watch it, people getting credit for something they didn't even do.

[MENTION=129]Duck Rodgers[/MENTION]

Yes absolutely love it, it's one of my most favourite TV shows... some crimes were just so elaborate it really is 'stranger than fiction' as they say. Could watch hours and hours of it, can't get enough.. LOL ..

I know I complain about Lester not doing much, but having him there does give a weird sense of re-assurance at the end of the show. That 'everything's gonna be ok' type feeling after all the horrific crimes we'd just witnessed.

[MENTION=129]Duck Rodgers[/MENTION]

Yes absolutely love it, it's one of my most favourite TV shows... some crimes were just so elaborate it really is 'stranger than fiction' as they say. Could watch hours and hours of it, can't get enough.. LOL ..

I know I complain about Lester not doing much, but having him there does give a weird sense of re-assurance at the end of the show. That 'everything's gonna be ok' type feeling after all the horrific crimes we'd just witnessed.

You should check out the American Greed show if you haven't seen it. It's basically the same show as the Dateline murder mysteries but built around financial scammers. Very entertaining.

I always check first and pull out 3 if needed. Those little ****s love to sit in their own poop and will stain whatever surface you are changing them on if you let go of the legs for half a second.

I always end up having to drop the legs to stop her from putting her hands in her poo, and then her bum gets dirty again. It's a losing battle.