What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

People that duck while they move in front of you at church, a theatre, or football game or whatever. I mean, I'm sure they are trying to be nice, and maybe I'll miss something special by the split second your blocking my view, but when you duck I'm looking at your stupid butt walking around like the hunchback of Notre Dame for way longer than I would've had my view blocked. In fact, I pretty much keep following you until you're out of sight completely. Just moving quickly is the better route.

Actually, they should keep doing it. It's more entertaining than whatever I'm watching usually anyway. Just annoying.

I have decided that being in a relationship isn't for me. I'm never happy after the initial high is gone, and my 6 years of marriage were some of the worst in my life. It is sad because I really like kids and would have liked to raise a couple, but I think I like singlehood more. This thread just confirms that I made the right choice. :D

That's kind of sad and true at the same time. No kids, though? Bad choice.

Someone asks you a question, you try your best to response in between all of your work, maybe you write back almost a full page of detailed answer since you care about the inquirer.

But then you get just zero feed back. Not even a fake thank you.

tl;dr

I'm sick of the excuses and whining about how long and hard it is to do laundry and keep the house clean, and especially about not having friends to talk to or do stuff with. My inlaws read JF on occasion, and it has come back to bite me a time or two, but imma gon' take my chances on this one. The Trout is fed up.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Im 41, live on my own. No kids. Never been married. I don't have a reference, sure, ok. Sounds like your girl is getting over on you and the funny thing is you're allowing her to and being passive/ agressive about it. "My inlaws read JF..." Oooooh, here's me, dave, hoping that someone sees my cries for help and a dialogue gets started. You're ****ing pathetic.

This. All of it.
For some reason, I'm able to take care of the kids and get **** done, but she can't. I must be Superman. And I'm getting really sick of eating things like quesadillas, corn dogs, or Mac & cheese for dinner every night. Once in a while I can deal with, but not 5 nights a week.

Another one that's getting over. Why would she ever hold up her end of the bargain? She doesn't need to.

geez guys, get a pair of *********!

:)

Moe, once again, coming correct.

a (relatively minor) peeve:
When I cook dinner and my husband comes home and decides he wants something else.

That's ****ing rude. Plain and simple.

I'd find that pretty offensive.

I need your advice on this: I get up at 6-6:30 and get home between 7:20 and 8. I usually don't want to eat dinner but my wife is insistent on cooking. I literally had to tell her over the phone at least 500 times over the years that I don't care what she cooks and if she had no ideas or didn't want to then don't worry about it. It started annoying the hell out of me on the drive home, you know those phone calls that begin with a sigh, have a nagging-depressing tone to them inquiring what I want her to cook me for dinner, empty spaces for moments when she wouldn't respond when I didn't tell her what she wanted to hear, then an angry tone that I wanted to get off the phone and drive if she wasn't going to keep the conversation fluid. How could I get this threw her head I kept thinking, and finally told her about 30 times in 30 days to never ever cook me anything for dinner. Cook what she wants and make plenty. If I'm hungry then I'll eat it and if not I'll take leftovers.

I don't get it. Is this something I'm insulting her with? She always acted like it was work for her and made it sound as if she was doing me a favor (I don't buy that one bit, but whatever I'm sure she wanted the gratitude if she was going to cook anyway).

Rarely are marital issues about the things being argued.

Lol married folk

They sound miserable.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Im 41, live on my own. No kids. Never been married. I don't have a reference, sure, ok. Sounds like your girl is getting over on you and the funny thing is you're allowing her to and being passive/ agressive about it. "My inlaws read JF..." Oooooh, here's me, dave, hoping that someone sees my cries for help and a dialogue gets started. You're ****ing pathetic.

Another one that's getting over. Why would she ever hold up her end of the bargain? She doesn't need to.

Moe, once again, coming correct.

Rarely are marital issues about the things being argued.

They sound miserable.
The expert has spoken. We all bow to your vast experience and superior knowledge.

a (relatively minor) peeve:

When I cook dinner and my husband comes home and decides he wants something else.

after reading all these comments, I'm thinking I need to upgrade the peeve level, make it a Level 1 peeve or something.

Nah. It doesn't bother me that much. It's not that he's insulting my cooking, and I can serve what I was cooking for the next day's meal.

Why get upset that I get out of having to cook a meal?

Last edited:
after reading all these comments, I'm thinking I need to upgrade the peeve level, make it a Level 1 peeve or something.

Nah. It doesn't bother me that much. It's not that he's insulting my cooking, and I can serve what I was cooking for the next day's meal.

To me the issue would have been not being recognized for attempting to do something nice, and I would bet that is at least part of it being a peeve. I like the idea of identifying the peeve level. Level 1 = minor irritant (like a gnat). Level 10 = kill the next person who does it (or really want to).

My post was not about his insulting your cooking. It had more to do with the fact that "he decides" he wants something else...after you went through the effort of cooking him something.

My mom would whoop my dad's *** if she cooked something, and he started cooking something else. Same goes with me, and my two brothers (one of which is 23, 6'2", 220 pounds). And trust me, y'all would gag if I mentioned some of the things she fixes up for us. God bless her, I'll make my kids do the same probably.

This guy...

... needs to invest in a mirror.

I just feel like many marital issues are ticking time bombs, and the longer you let them ferment, the more explosive the outburst will be when you finally realize you've had enough. While you can point fingers at Vinyl (and myself, as I'm 21) for speaking without a reference, it feels like a lot of marital problems stem from a lack of communication. Of course you have to 'pick and choose your battles', but who says it has to be a battle?

tl;dr it's lame to dismiss VO's contributions just because he's not married. I'd say some of his points are quite appropriate.

I just feel like many marital issues are ticking time bombs, and the longer you let them ferment, the more explosive the outburst will be when you finally realize you've had enough. While you can point fingers at Vinyl (and myself, as I'm 21) for speaking without a reference, it feels like a lot of marital problems stem from a lack of communication. Of course you have to 'pick and choose your battles', but who says it has to be a battle?

tl;dr it's lame to dismiss VO's contributions just because he's not married. I'd say some of his points are quite appropriate.

Of course, you're right. Along that same line of thinking, you could hire a contractor to build your house, even though he has never done it, has zero training, has zero real life experience with building a house, but has watched every episode of "Home Improvement" and "This Old House". Please call me after he's done and let me know how it goes.

tl;dr

There are some things in life that must be experienced before they can be understood.