What's new

Summer 2019 Roster Discussion

Obviously, but Lopo was trying to sell the Lakers sucking without LeBron as the Lakers were a flawed team and Randle was being held back by them or something.

Somebody questioned Randle's value because his team sucked last year. I simply said that even with LeBron, the Lakers have struggled. Without LeBron but with pretty much everybody else they added (Rondo, Lance, McGee and Chandler), the Lakers were still as bad as last year.

Like fish said, nothing about the Lakers should reflect on Randle.

I'm not sure Lopez would be able to keep up with 4's on defense, he'd be a great backup center though.
When we compare that to Favors, what's the difference? Asking because I haven't watched Lopez's defense recently.

Somebody questioned Randle's value because his team sucked last year. I simply said that even with LeBron, the Lakers have struggled. Without LeBron but with pretty much everybody else they added (Rondo, Lance, McGee and Chandler), the Lakers were still as bad as last year.

You made an argument for Favors playoffs’ value in comparison to Randle. Who has never played a playoff game.

I’m not sure if you’re really this dense or if it’s purposeful intellectual dishonesty, but you’re not on the level right now.

Last edited:
You made an argument for Favors playoffs’ value in comparison to Randle. Who has never played a playoff game.

I’m not sure if you’re really this dense or if it’s purposeful intellectual dishonesty, but you’re not on the level right now.

We are fans who are just making somewhat educated guesses here. We do know that Favors hasn't played near as much in the 2nd round (and no he wasn't hurt either year). My fan guess is that Randle plays more than 15mpg against a good team because he has more offensive tools and is more athletic.

But just like those who think Tobias would fit perfectly or Mirotic would be a great addition or Jrue would complete our backcourt, it's all speculation.

We are fans who are just making somewhat educated guesses here. We do know that Favors hasn't played near as much in the 2nd round (and no he wasn't hurt either year). My fan guess is that Randle plays more than 15mpg against a good team because he has more offensive tools and is more athletic.

But just like those who think Tobias would fit perfectly or Mirotic would be a great addition or Jrue would complete our backcourt, it's all speculation.

He was definitely hurt. He was clearly hobbled. He said he was playing on one leg. All of the staff said he was playing through injury and was on minute restriction. Just because Favors didnt want his injury to be an excuse and said as much after the playoffs doesnt mean he wasnt hurt. Favors also rolled his ankle in the Houston game and left the game in game 3.

He got 26 minutes in game 1 and 21 minutes in game 2. Its safe to assume he would have got those minutes for the series if he didnt leave injured in game 3.

The year before is when he had a bone contusion and looked like he could barely move. He only got a lot of minutes because Rudy was out. He barely played game 4 and 5 because he was struggling. Then he won us the series and went all out on one leg. He was dying getting up and down the court against Ws.

Did you watch these games?

He was definitely hurt. He was clearly hobbled. He said he was playing on one leg. All of the staff said he was playing through injury and was on minute restriction. Just because Favors didnt want his injury to be an excuse and said as much after the playoffs doesnt mean he wasnt hurt. Favors also rolled his ankle in the Houston game and left the game in game 3.

He got 26 minutes in game 1 and 21 minutes in game 2. Its safe to assume he would have got those minutes for the series if he didnt leave injured in game 3.

The year before is when he had a bone contusion and looked like he could barely move. He only got a lot of minutes because Rudy was out. He barely played game 4 and 5 because he was struggling. Then he won us the series and went all out on one leg. He was dying getting up and down the court against Ws.

So Favors played 30 minutes in the close out game against the Clippers and played less than 40 minutes total against Golden State. Because he was hurt? I don't buy that garbage at all. Favors himself said after the Golden State series that he was 100%.

I watched all of the playoff games. When we played against Golden State, he couldn't keep up with anybody because they played small. When we played Houston, PJ Tucker and Ariza outplayed him.

I like Favors, but he ain't worth $17 million and he is a center when we play those teams who go small a lot. If our goal is to win the first round, sure, pay the guy $17 million and start him. I wish we had higher aspirations than that.

So Favors played 30 minutes in the close out game against the Clippers and played less than 40 minutes total against Golden State. Because he was hurt? I don't buy that garbage at all. Favors himself said after the Golden State series that he was 100%.

I watched all of the playoff games. When we played against Golden State, he couldn't keep up with anybody because they played small. When we played Houston, PJ Tucker and Ariza outplayed him.

I like Favors, but he ain't worth $17 million and he is a center when we play those teams who go small a lot. If our goal is to win the first round, sure, pay the guy $17 million and start him. I wish we had higher aspirations than that.

He was listed on the injury report and was questionable for game 1 of the series. Yes, he wasnt playing before that 30 minute game but he stepped up and played through an injury that plagued him all year. Doing that will definitely cause you more pain after the game is over. Hence he went back to not playing many minutes like he had.

Again he said he was playing on 1 leg before. Then after the series was over he said he was fine because he didnt want that to be an excuse. That is what you do after you lose when you are a professional. You downplay the excuses.

He was listed on the injury report and was questionable for game 1 of the series. Yes, he wasnt playing before that 30 minute game but he stepped up and played through an injury that plagued him all year. Doing that will definitely cause you more pain after the game is over. Hence he went back to not playing many minutes like he had.

Again he said he was playing on 1 leg before. Then after the series was over he said he was fine because he didnt want that to be an excuse. That is what you do after you lose when you are a professional. You downplay the excuses.

I respect Favors for playing through some injuries. Like I've always said, I like him. Whether he's hurt or not, he doesn't fit next to Gobert. Hopefully this summer, we decline his deal and we re-sign him to a long term team friendly deal. I hope we can keep him forever like Miami kept Haslem. It just has to be more on our terms (off the bench and cheaper) than his (starting and $10+).

Lopo too busy on the trade machine to watch games

I respect Favors for playing through some injuries. Like I've always said, I like him. Whether he's hurt or not, he doesn't fit next to Gobert. Hopefully this summer, we decline his deal and we re-sign him to a long term team friendly deal. I hope we can keep him forever like Miami kept Haslem. It just has to be more on our terms (off the bench and cheaper) than his (starting and $10+).

I would love to try and upgrade him. Just like every position. I think he can play next to Gobert if we have 3 other shooters on the court. But if we can get another player who is better than Favors, great! Personally I think there are bigger priorities on the court for us to upgrade but if a good deal comes along or a good FA that play his position go for it.

I would love to try and upgrade him. Just like every position. I think he can play next to Gobert if we have 3 other shooters on the court. But if we can get another player who is better than Favors, great! Personally I think there are bigger priorities on the court for us to upgrade but if a good deal comes along or a good FA that play his position go for it.

No offense to Favors, but if the Warriors had Curry, Klay, KD and Gobert, they wouldn't use their PF spot on a guy like Favors. They would use it on somebody with some kind of elite skill set on either the offensive or defensive end.

If he's not your primary C, I think Favors is fantastic bench big. There is a reason he only plays 23mpg. And it's not injuries, it's fit.

I question his value because last year the pels were a playoff team and not now.

No offense to Favors, but if the Warriors had Curry, Klay, KD and Gobert, they wouldn't use their PF spot on a guy like Favors. They would use it on somebody with some kind of elite skill set on either the offensive or defensive end.

If he's not your primary C, I think Favors is fantastic bench big. There is a reason he only plays 23mpg. And it's not injuries, it's fit.

I think they would be fine with it, unless they had a better player. That lineup would easily win the championship.

Ya I mean there is a reason that this season, healthiest favors has been in a long time, favors is averaging the least amount of minutes per game since he was 20 years old in the 2011-12 season.

He is basically playing career low minutes (if you take out the first few years when he was behind Millsap) and making career high money.

I think if he were a good fit then he wouldn't be playing less than ever while making so much money. He is a token starter for some stupid reason. Crowder, who is a much worse player, plays more minutes than him. Fit is the obvious reason for that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app