What's new

Summer 2019 Roster Discussion

Tobias - unrestricted free agent. Sixers didn't sacrifice all those assets on a flight risk
- Durant - worth a 10 second phone call just to make sure
- Klay - worth a 10 second phone call just to make sure
- Kawhi - worth a 10 second phone call just to make sure
- Kemba - worth a 10 second phone call just to make sure
- Middleton - worth a 10 second phone call just to make sure
Lol. Harris isn’t worth going after but those other guys are worth a phone call?
We talk so much about getting players in their prime (Tobias, Jrue, Conley, Mirotic, Gallo, etc) to build a contender when maybe we should be targeting one of "his guys" who will hit their prime with DM. If we are worried about Donovan potentially leaving down the road, moves like this could ease that worry.

No sooner, but it's not gonna happen overnight of course. I think we need to have a short term plan to accumulate assets. We aren't gonna sign one of these young guys in free agency so we need accumulate assets for a move later.

For example, we should look at trading our 1st this year for what might become a better 1st in 2020. Even if the pick we get is protected, it would still have more value than ours this year.

And if we miss on big targets, instead of just filling our cap space with Favors + whoever will take our money, maybe we can get a 2020 pick by taking on a bad one year deal.

If we did those two moves, we could trade 3 1st round picks in the 2020 draft in order to acquire somebody.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Where do I begin? Lol

Are you on drugs?

They’re only keeping Mitchell here if they are really good players, and a simple first ain’t getting it done. Just go sign Harris or Klay. It’s not rocket science. Why do yo complicate things.

Lol. Harris isn’t worth going after but those other guys are worth a phone call?

Where do I begin? Lol

Are you on drugs?

They’re only keeping Mitchell here if they are really good players, and a simple first ain’t getting it done. Just go sign Harris or Klay. It’s not rocket science. Why do yo complicate things.

Of course Harris will get a 10 second phone call.

Hugs not drugs.

I'm talking about trying to get a good young player Donovan approves of using 3 2020 1st round picks.

The Jazz had a ton of expiring contracts to use at the deadline that they won't have in the offseason. So their trade assets are limited. In the big picture, they really need Exum to be healthy and continue to improve, either to be an important contributor or trade asset.

The Jazz had a ton of expiring contracts to use at the deadline that they won't have in the offseason. So their trade assets are limited. In the big picture, they really need Exum to be healthy and continue to improve, either to be an important contributor or trade asset.

This is why I was so disappointed that they didn't do anything at the trade deadline. I feel like it was a huge missed opportunity to let all those expiring contracts go to waste.

I guess there's a small elephant in the living room here in that when Rubio's deal expires, we wont have a starting PG unless it's Exum/Mitchell.

I think the Jazz should plan to keep Favors unless there's a homerun trade that includes him.

So the Jazz will need to bring in a PG and a combo-forward. Basically, upgrade Rubio and Sefalosha.

Last edited:
Could Washington go spending again? KD is from there... They are the type team I would target for a trade. Should we miss out on big free agents, maybe we should get their 2020 1st for taking Mahinmi's expiring.

"The Wizards’ sole All-Star representative is looking three-and-a-half months ahead to the start of free agency — and maybe even beyond that. Beal joked to The Athletic on Friday that he may have to spend the weekend tampering with the other 25 All-Stars in Charlotte. Then again, maybe he wasn’t joking too much. The two-way recruiting has already begun, as he admitted following Sunday’s game. “It was really crazy,” Beal said. “A lot of guys were coming to talk to me and asking me how I feel. The recruiting process is really going all right. It’s going all right. I’m trying. This is new for me. So, I’m definitely getting some ears and seeing where guys’ minds are at.”"

Could Washington go spending again? KD is from there... They are the type team I would target for a trade. Should we miss out on big free agents, maybe we should get their 2020 1st for taking Mahinmi's expiring.

"The Wizards’ sole All-Star representative is looking three-and-a-half months ahead to the start of free agency — and maybe even beyond that. Beal joked to The Athletic on Friday that he may have to spend the weekend tampering with the other 25 All-Stars in Charlotte. Then again, maybe he wasn’t joking too much. The two-way recruiting has already begun, as he admitted following Sunday’s game. “It was really crazy,” Beal said. “A lot of guys were coming to talk to me and asking me how I feel. The recruiting process is really going all right. It’s going all right. I’m trying. This is new for me. So, I’m definitely getting some ears and seeing where guys’ minds are at.”"

Lmfao

I'm just thinking 4 moves ahead.

- we trade our 2019 1st for a better 2020 1st

- we miss out on big free agents like usual

- instead of using 2019 cap space on multiple average players, get an asset by taking an expiring salary dump like Biyombo, Mahinmi, Reggie Jackson

- with 3 2020 1st round picks, we go shopping for trades.

What is your plan Wes?

I'm just thinking 4 moves ahead.

- we trade our 2019 1st for a better 2020 1st

- we miss out on big free agents like usual

- instead of using 2019 cap space on multiple average players, get an asset by taking an expiring salary dump like Biyombo, Mahinmi, Reggie Jackson

- with 3 2020 1st round picks, we go shopping for trades.

What is your plan Wes?

My plan? To get through this day with my sanity. I’m solo with three rascals 4 and under.

My plan? To get through this day with my sanity. I’m solo with three rascals 4 and under.
Lol me too. 3 of em running around here. Why do they close school for Presidents Day again?

I'm just trying to my best to stay positive about summer moves despite a growing feeling of negativity.

Lol me too. 3 of em running around here. Why do they close school for Presidents Day again?

I'm just trying to my best to stay positive about summer moves despite a growing feeling of negativity.

It’s awful. I’d rather be at work. And of course the potential snow day for Wednesday isn’t looking good.

It’s awful. I’d rather be at work. And of course the potential snow day for Wednesday isn’t looking good.

I love my kids but ugh. 8 months old, 2 and 4.5.

I don’t wanna wish their growing up away but man I wish it was about 3 years from now. Youngest would be nearly 4 which is easy. We’d be nearly two years since my wife’s promotion. My truck would nearly be paid off. The oldest would be out of daycare and middle one would only have five months left. Heck even the youngest would have just 1.5 years left. My wife’s SUV would have just 1.5 left—which reminds me. I forget if I told peeps here but her Acura was stolen out of our driveway back in October by a gang from Newark, which is 45 minutes away mind you. She left the Acura unlocked with the keys in it. Genius.

I don’t wanna wish their growing up away but man I wish it was about 3 years from now. Youngest would be nearly 4 which is easy. We’d be nearly two years since my wife’s promotion. My truck would nearly be paid off. The oldest would be out of daycare and middle one would only have five months left. Heck even the youngest would have just 1.5 years left. My wife’s SUV would have just 1.5 left—which reminds me. I forget if I told peeps here but her Acura was stolen out of our driveway back in October by a gang from Newark, which is 45 minutes away mind you. She left the Acura unlocked with the keys in it. Genius.
I hear you man. You definitely got your hands full with those ages. I feel for you.

I'm counting the days until my youngest is out of daycare. Less than 6 months....

Kids are expensive. Worth every bit of it, but still expensive as all get out.

I hear you man. You definitely got your hands full with those ages. I feel for you.

I'm counting the days until my youngest is out of daycare. Less than 6 months....

Kids are expensive. Worth every bit of it, but still expensive as all get out.

I signed up for it but the last eight months have been brutal for me.

Screwed up vasectomy.
Wife’s car stolen.
Awful school year.
Three kids at this age—now all three in daycare.

I don’t know. In some ways it gets more complicated. We’ve got 10.5, 8, 4.5, 3, and 10 months. There’s never downtime and always something. That’s usually because the youngest two, though, but then the older kids have different demands, basketball practice, other stuff.

But I was thinking about your vasectomy thread the other day and wondering how you’re doing. Is the pain gone?

I signed up for it but the last eight months have been brutal for me.

Screwed up vasectomy.
Wife’s car stolen.
Awful school year.
Three kids at this age—now all three in daycare.

Damn man. Sorry to hear that.

3 kids in daycare. Wow..... And all those places seem to do is price gouge. I swear they are little monopolies.

Vasectomies suck. Still have pain with mine from time to time. They completely botch yours?