What's new

Super Bowl discussion and poll

Chiefs or 49ers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

It’s Super Bowl time!!! And obviously I’m pumped as a 49er fan.

I wasn’t a 100% Brock Purdy believer. I still wanted to see Lance because we still don’t know what he is yet, but as the season went on I became a 100% believer, now he has the chance to on all the haters if he beats Mahomes.

Who ya got winning the Super Bowl 49ers or Chiefs?

Im going with the better TEAM. 49ers. They are loaded with pro bowlers all over the place.
QB is great. Running back is best in the league. Wide receiver duo is probably the best combination of wide receivers in the league. Tight end is one of the best. Maybe the best offensive lineman in the league. Amazing coach. 2 stud defensive ends. Maybe best linebacker in the league.

They are loaded and should win ( believe vegas has them favored) but then you have the team that has done it before. Mahomes is the best player in the game. The chiefs defense is better than its ever been. Kelce. Receivers might have learned how to catch. Pacheco is a violent runner. Andy reid is a stud. Taylor Swift.

Should be a fantastic game and both teams deserve to be there. I go 49ers though.

Im going with the better TEAM. 49ers. They are loaded with pro bowlers all over the place.
QB is great. Running back is best in the league. Wide receiver duo is probably the best combination of wide receivers in the league. Tight end is one of the best. Maybe the best offensive lineman in the league. Amazing coach. 2 stud defensive ends. Maybe best linebacker in the league.

They are loaded and should win ( believe vegas has them favored) but then you have the team that has done it before. Mahomes is the best player in the game. The chiefs defense is better than its ever been. Kelce. Receivers might have learned how to catch. Pacheco is a violent runner. Andy reid is a stud. Taylor Swift.

Should be a fantastic game and both teams deserve to be there. I go 49ers though.
I’ll say this. The 49ers need to get off to a better start than their last two games. Because if Mahomes Reid and the chiefs get a lead they won’t beat themselves like the lions did but if Purdy gets off from the get go it could be a long day for the Chiefs.

I’ll say this. The 49ers need to get off to a better start than their last two games. Because if Mahomes Reid and the chiefs get a lead they won’t beat themselves like the lions did but if Purdy gets off from the get go it could be a long day for the Chiefs.
Anything can happen, but both teams have excellent defense, feels like it will be a low scoring game.

I agree with Fish, the 49ers have more talent, but the Chiefs have a lot more playoff and Superbowl experience, which carries a lot of weight.

I have always been a 49ers fan and will cheer for them, but this game could easily go either way.

Anything can happen, but both teams have excellent defense, feels like it will be a low scoring game.

I agree with Fish, the 49ers have more talent, but the Chiefs have a lot more playoff and Superbowl experience, which carries a lot of weight.

I have always been a 49ers fan and will cheer for them, but this game could easily go either way.
49ers have struggled defensively the second half of the year and gotten much worse in the playoffs. We are in trouble if the 49ers can’t stop Isaiah Pacheco.

So I don't watch football, which makes me especially qualified to answer this question because I don't have any biases about "my team" or knowledge about which players are good or bad. I just know that no one can beat Swift, so the Chiefs got this one in the bag.

So I don't watch football, which makes me especially qualified to answer this question because I don't have any biases about "my team" or knowledge about which players are good or bad. I just know that no one can beat Swift, so the Chiefs got this one in the bag.
I had a grown *** man (former work colleague) start screaming at me that she is the greatest pop artist of all time when I told him that other than being a singer, I don't know anything about Taylor Swift or what she sings.

I still don't, except she is dating Kelce.

I had a grown *** man (former work colleague) start screaming at me that she is the greatest pop artist of all time when I told him that other than being a singer, I don't know anything about Taylor Swift or what she sings.

I still don't, except she is dating Kelce.
I think we both have about the same amount of knowledge of her. I remember the Work it Out song set to an old aerobics competition being really funny. So maybe I know more than you.

I have watched the 49ers to play a lot this year and they maybe my favorite team to watch. The way they built their team is admirable. You have them facing the Chiefs and you got a matchup that should be one of the most watched super bowls. The best way for this game to end would be mr irrelevant leading his team down the field for a game winning touchdown with Mahomes crying all the way home.

Would be interesting to see what national pundits say about the qb’s if the 49ers win. The narrative will be: Mahomes will get blasted for losing to Mr. Irrelevant. And the experts will say Brock was just another guy on the team that was carried by CMC Deebo Kittle and Aiyuk haha.

Would be interesting to see what national pundits say about the qb’s if the 49ers win. The narrative will be: Mahomes will get blasted for losing to Mr. Irrelevant. And the experts will say Brock was just another guy on the team that was carried by CMC Deebo Kittle and Aiyuk haha.
People who think football is a 1 on 1 sport are the worst.

The Niners followed the Ravens as the second-best team by DVOA’s standards. San Francisco had a three-game losing streak prior to their bye week in early November. The Niners’ offense had trouble putting points on the board in Weeks 6 through 8, scoring just 17 in each of those three games. They came out with a vengeance after their bye week scoring 27 or more points in their next six games including two games over 42 points.

In five of those six wins, San Francisco’s defense held their opponents under 20 points.

With the eyes of the world upon them, Super Bowl LVIII has a simple storyline: Great team vs great QB. As football fans know, it is never as simple as that. As we look at the DVOA metric, we know that the presence of Mahomes also makes predicting the big game more complicated than just these numbers:

San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

• Overall DVOA: San Francisco 2nd vs Kansas City 5th
  • Offensive DVOA: San Francisco 1st vs Kansas City 8th
  • Defensive DVOA: San Francisco 4th vs Kansas City 7th
Edge: 49ers - In every aspect, the Niners have been better than the Chiefs this year according to DVOA. Based on the data, it makes sense that San Francisco is favored in Sunday’s Super Bowl matchup. At this point, expecting Kansas City to win is based on their history of success, Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes. Every other sign points to a 49ers victory in this year’s big game.

I agree with the numbers data. 49ers SHOULD win.

Simply put if Purdy is playing well from the start, the chiefs have no shot as Purdy usually gets better as the game goes along even when he starts fast

I hate to do it as I’ve grown to strongly dislike Mahomes and the Chiefs for many a reason but I’m rooting for them. I did a $10 to win $25,000+ parlay about a month ago with KC winning the SB, Koepka winning the Masters (he’s a Terminator in those spots and has finished second twice iirc), the Nuggets winning it all, and the Braves to win the WS. Would be cool to get the first leg and have a shot.

I hate to do it as I’ve grown to strongly dislike Mahomes and the Chiefs for many a reason but I’m rooting for them. I did a $10 to win $25,000+ parlay about a month ago with KC winning the SB, Koepka winning the Masters (he’s a Terminator in those spots and has finished second twice iirc), the Nuggets winning it all, and the Braves to win the WS. Would be cool to get the first leg and have a shot.
I love parlays like that.

Low risk high rewards are always fun.

Not a parlay but probably the worst odds bet I ever won was when I bet on Holly holm to beat Ronda Rousey.

Only put 5 bucks on it so it wasn't very much winning but that 5 bucks turned into like 100 or something.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I love parlays like that.

Low risk high rewards are always fun.

Not a parlay but probably the worst odds bet I ever won was when I bet on Holly holm to beat Ronda Rousey.

Only put 5 bucks on it so it wasn't very much winning but that 5 bucks turned into like 100 or something.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Nice! I remember that fight.

Yeah I’ve never won any ever like this but they’re fun. Have come close on winning long shot regular bets a ton but never won. Mets to win WS when they went and lost to someone…KC I think. Mariota to win Heisman. He was the front runner and got hurt the last game vs Stanford and not only didn’t win but wasn’t a finalist. Jimmy Walker to win pga tour money list. The season ends in September and he led through early July and then Rory went wild. CMC to win Heisman. He came in 2nd because Henry had like 200 yards rushing every game the last month it seemed. A few others.

49ers 35 KC 24. Deebo has a big day 3 td’s.

If Purdy can set aside his gun slinger mentality and just manage the game, he’s the one guy that can and will out manage Mahomes. He just needs to let his skill position guys take over the game. Get Deebo and Kittle and CMC out in space and keep the chiefs defense honest with Aiuke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk