What's new

Supreme Court Justice Kennedy to Retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JAZZGASM pointing out their hypocrisy with Juanita Broaddrick - they aren't upset about that in the least and mock it. I'm very surprised the admin of this site lets this propaganda take place here.

@JAZZGASM pointing out their hypocrisy with Juanita Broaddrick - they aren't upset about that in the least and mock it. I'm very surprised the admin of this site lets this propaganda take place here.
Hey, dumbass, I was a ****ing kid when that **** happened. I'm in my 40s now. We didn't have the google and facebook back then. If we wanted to listen to music and we were up on the new tech we played a CD, but many of us were still using cassette tapes.

I didn't hear a lot about her back then, to be honest, and I was a pretty avid watcher of news, especially for a teenager.

You are trying to EXCUSE someone in a current situation by pointing out a situation involving a retired President. I'm sorry that we don't think Bill Clinton is relevant to Kavanaugh's confirmation. But it's not. We didn't have to be up in arms in the early 90s in order to have a negative view of possible sexual assault now. The idea that we're being hypocrites is some silly ****.

I like how some people try to justify their own feelings about sexual assault and racism by convincing themselves that no one cares about sexual assault and racism, so the fact that it doesn't matter to them just makes them "not a hypocrite" while the rest of us are just playing the white knight.

So do we ban “propoganda” you don’t like or all propaganda? We’ve long tried to stay away from being the speech police. Exceptions like personal attacks, obviously racist and sexist comments and the like exist of course.

My advice is use the ignore feature.

So do we ban “propoganda” you don’t like or all propaganda? We’ve long tried to stay away from being the speech police. Exceptions like personal attacks, obviously racist and sexist comments and the like exist of course.

My advice is use the ignore feature.
He'd have to ignore half the active posters...

The guy is a conspiracy nut job who accused Thriller of being a paid liberal propaganda poster. @The Thriller how long have you been an active poster here? Like 12 plus years? More?

Grow up @rare144 step away from the conspiracy rabbit hole you been poking your pecker in. There's a real world out there full of real people. It's big and it's a sphere and people have opinions you don't like.

He'd have to ignore half the active posters...

The guy is a conspiracy nut job who accused Thriller of being a paid liberal propaganda poster. @The Thriller how long have you been an active poster here? Like 12 plus years? More?

Grow up @rare144 step away from the conspiracy rabbit hole you been poking your pecker in. There's a real world out there full of real people. It's big and it's a sphere and people have opinions you don't like.

I don’t think there was much meaning behind his comment about Thriller being a paid stooge beyond being completely dismissive of him. Some of you have had to listen to his bile for that long? God help you.

Agreed on the opinions part.

I don’t think there was much meaning behind his comment about Thriller being a paid stooge beyond being completely dismissive of him. Some of you have had to listen to his bile for that long? God help you.

Agreed on the opinions part.
Rare144 has posted some other conspiracy stuff. babe regularly accuses me of being a George Soros plant. It's a thing. Another way of dismissing people who don't agree with you and creating the conservative alternate reality many people are choosing to live in. It's real. They aren't kidding.

Are there examples of liberal bubbles just as disturbing? Yes. And I'd argue that The Thriller is a bubble dweller. Like I'm not a big supporter of Kavanaugh, but Thriller has been talking about him like he is pure evil.

I don't feel that way. I feel he is a partisan, much like every other justice on the SC today. He might be a little deeper into the ol' boys club than most other justices, but he's not a massive outlier. At the end of the day Trump gets to appoint a justice and right now that's Kavanaugh. That's just how it is. I think on 90% of cases that go to the SC he'll make wonderfully sound rulings. And I'm not going to lie, I sort of like the idea of our nation's highest court being a bit more conservative than the general population. I want them to respect individual rights, including the rights of women, minorities and the LGBT community, but I don't want our supreme court redefining our nation based on flavor of the day trends in social justice.

Kavanaugh might end up being a bad fit for a couple reasons, but he'll be replaced by someone just as conservative as he is. There's no way around that. No way to pull the same ******** that robbed Obama of a nomination that should have absolutely been his. But I don't even really care about Obama nominating vs Trump, I do care about the rules being respected, which they weren't. But everything is fine and America is and has been extraordinarily great for a long time now.

Jazzfanz is a quiet walk in the park compared to the non-stop vitriol on most political forums. If you get stomping out the door mad by what you read here it’s probably a sign you’re taking yourself too seriously or, in the case of rare144, taking QAnon seriously.

Rare144 has posted some other conspiracy stuff. babe regularly accuses me of being a George Soros plant. It's a thing. Another way of dismissing people who don't agree with you and creating the conservative alternate reality many people are choosing to live in. It's real. They aren't kidding.

Are there examples of liberal bubbles just as disturbing? Yes. And I'd argue that The Thriller is a bubble dweller. Like I'm not a big supporter of Kavanaugh, but Thriller has been talking about him like he is pure evil.

I don't feel that way. I feel he is a partisan, much like every other justice on the SC today. He might be a little deeper into the ol' boys club than most other justices, but he's not a massive outlier. At the end of the day Trump gets to appoint a justice and right now that's Kavanaugh. That's just how it is. I think on 90% of cases that go to the SC he'll make wonderfully sound rulings. And I'm not going to lie, I sort of like the idea of our nation's highest court being a bit more conservative than the general population. I want them to respect individual rights, including the rights of women, minorities and the LGBT community, but I don't want our supreme court redefining our nation based on flavor of the day trends in social justice.

Kavanaugh might end up being a bad fit for a couple reasons, but he'll be replaced by someone just as conservative as he is. There's no way around that. No way to pull the same ******** that robbed Obama of a nomination that should have absolutely been his. But I don't even really care about Obama nominating vs Trump, I do care about the rules being respected, which they weren't. But everything is fine and America is and has been extraordinarily great for a long time now.

If only conservative was defined in today's political climate AZ the way you used it I would agree with you. But...

Today it means hate filled conspiracy theorist.

If this country is going to survive as the land of the free one of two things needs to happen(both would be nice right now) The real conservatives need to take the GOP back or the Dems need to take over.

Two? This has to mean the end of his confirmation right?

And not enough time before the November vote for a new nomination and confirmation vote. Ds with a much needed (for us) win.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that but this isn’t a court of law. Plenty of nominations go through a vote with no allegations. Like Gorsuch.

Also, I hope both allegations are investigated by the police.

In her initial conversations with The New Yorker, she was reluctant to characterize Kavanaugh’s role in the alleged incident with certainty. After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said that she felt confident enough of her recollections to say that she remembers Kavanaugh had exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party, thrust his penis in her face, and caused her to touch it without her consent as she pushed him away.

One of the male classmates who Ramirez said egged on Kavanaugh denied any memory of the party. “I don’t think Brett would flash himself to Debbie, or anyone, for that matter,” he said. Asked why he thought Ramirez was making the allegation, he responded, “I have no idea.” The other male classmate who Ramirez said was involved in the incident commented, “I have zero recollection.”

In a statement, two of those male classmates who Ramirez alleged were involved in the incident, the wife of a third male student she said was involved, and three other classmates, Dino Ewing, Louisa Garry, and Dan Murphy, disputed Ramirez’s account of events: “We were the people closest to Brett Kavanaugh during his first year at Yale. He was a roommate to some of us, and we spent a great deal of time with him, including in the dorm where this incident allegedly took place. Some of us were also friends with Debbie Ramirez during and after her time at Yale. We can say with confidence that if the incident Debbie alleges ever occurred, we would have seen or heard about it—and we did not. The behavior she describes would be completely out of character for Brett. In addition, some of us knew Debbie long after Yale, and she never described this incident until Brett’s Supreme Court nomination was pending. Editors from the New Yorker contacted some of us because we are the people who would know the truth, and we told them that we never saw or heard about this.”

Looks like no one else there remembers it, only people who heard about.

He probably did it, and if so, I hope another eyewitness comes forward to end this once and for all. Sounds like Ramierz doesn't have great recollection about the incident.

Anyone else finding it ironic that K’s schtick is his stance against women’s choice and had he gotten Dr. Ford pregnant she’d be forced to carry the baby full term?

That’s one of the most disgusting issues I have with the anti-choice crowd. They’re not pro life. They just want control. They just want to be able to dominate women.
lol this show how uninformed thriller i and why he is so out of touch with reality.

i get the other side when it comes to pro-abortion, i totally get where they are coming from their arguments.

but this offensive man, who is worse then me when it comes to politcs, but never gets banned, because lets face is right wingers evil, lefties good.

this is out of TOUCH!

99.9999% of pro choice people dont want to control the womens body. they want to PROTECT HUMAN LIVE! so if you want to convert us convince us what is a human live. why a baby in a belly at 22 weeks is not a live, but there have been premature births of 21 weeks.

but go ahead make us out as deplorable, and evil. instead of having a discusion, and not scream racism, sexism, homophobia!

but you are a hypcorit because when it comes to keith ellison and bill clinton believe ALL WHAMEN!
not syaing w eshould lock up those guys, just saying treat them the same as kavanaugh

and mods if this pos tis offensive to you and you ban me. **** *** *** ***

Two? This has to mean the end of his confirmation right?

And not enough time before the November vote for a new nomination and confirmation vote. Ds with a much needed (for us) win.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that but this isn’t a court of law. Plenty of nominations go through a vote with no allegations. Like Gorsuch.

Also, I hope both allegations are investigated by the police.
ok, so keith ellison should not be a congressman or senator or whatever the **** he is?

Abortion is one of those hard difficult issues that will never be fully agreed on.

Choice and life are both hugely important. For me personally I’m not a fan of abortion. But it should be legal, up to a point at least. I do believe that an unborn child is a life. But a woman’s right to choose is also important. The closest I can get to rreconciling those to is allow it up to 20 weeks with the obvious exceptions like life endangerment for abortions after that.

Isn’t it at 26 weeks that that a child can survive outside the womb?

in 99.99% of the cases the choice is/was made in the bedroom. ok to be fair not the bedroom. sometimes they do it in a car, on the kitchen counter, in the park. or whenever.

what i am saying the choice is made when you CHOSE TO HAVE CONSENSUAL SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bitching about the admins doing/not doing something is so 2016

He probably did it, and if so, I hope another eyewitness comes forward to end this once and for all. Sounds like Ramierz doesn't have great recollection about the incident.

Maybe we should consider recollection. kaavy baby says he didn't do any of this. But in the big two allegations he was reported as being drunk. Much like the two accusers. How can he make a fair recollection if he was drunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.