What's new

"Swat Lake City"

We've come a long way from watching Booze and Memo play air traffic controllers directing layups safely to their rightful destinations. So I don't care what nickname we call it.

I like Harp and Boler together. The only thing that bothers me is when Harp does a promo during the game then asks Boler how he did.

I like Harp and Boler together. The only thing that bothers me is when Harp does a promo during the game then asks Boler how he did.

If Harpring was not doing those promos someone else would be. They probably wouldn't ask how they did but the promos would still be there. Business.

Also they can call it what ever the hell they want as long as the D by Kanter and Favors contiues and improves.

#1 gay is interesting, it'd mean more women left for me, but #1 worst air quality is a turnoff.

Is that just a city specific thing, or is that widespead in Utah?

I would have thought the population density would be light and the air would be clean in Utah relative to other regions.

True - I also hate how they try to out do each other with that deep-grumbly-excited announcer voice going into commercials.

....unless the "more women" are lesbians

Or they can swing both ways. I think it is all included in the determination. Hell, little Cedar City UT has a very healthy alternative lifestyle underside as well.

Yep. Utah has the highest gay population in the nation. Nothing wrong with Swat Lake City or Jazz Nation. I've never understood all the hate towards Harpring and Boler.

I know this has nothing to do with the main topic of this message board, but this has been bugging me and I wanted to clear this up. Utah being ranked the gayest city in America has nothing to do with gay population or gays per capita. It has to do more with number of gay bars, acceptance, and social scene. But everyone knows there is no way Utah has any more than San Fransisco, even if it's per capita. I'm positive the magazine editors just chose it because it would be controversial and that's always good publicity for them.

I think Swat Lake City and Early-oop are both bad ***. If you've got better nicknames then put up or shut up.

Simply alley-oop is WAY better than early-oop, and doesn't sound anywhere near as stupid coming out of Boler's mouth, which is amazing since everything coming out of Boler's mouth sounds stupid.

So GTFO, or pics or it didn't happen, or something sharp and witty.

Why does everyone "bang down" every single shot. Banged down the layup, banged down the 3 pointer, banged down the jumper, banged down the bank. Come up with something new Boler, bang down is getting beyond old. I think he is stuck on that after his and Harp's post-game shower adventures.

let's table the discussion of WHAT harp and boler are saying for one minute (and, btw, I'm a long way from conceding that these nicknames and antics are good) and consider HOW stupid they sound when they say anything. Listening to them is the closest thing to Nickelodeon not on Nickelodeon. Harp is a pandering goof ball. Boler has the most jaundiced sense of humor of anybody his age (and I know that Utah demographic fairly well) and it comes across in his delivery.

Seriously, if you're not annoyed by them, then I'd challenge you to pay more attention.

Damn, Hot Rod was teh bess.