What's new

Taylor Hendricks Hype Thread

Hendricks will likely get plenty of minutes once the trade deadline has passed and the Jazz have (hopefully) made some moves to offload guys to open up minutes for him.
Agreed. But ya, KO should get the start right now.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

He needs more arc on his shot though. It's quite flat right now, and I'm surprised each time it goes in. Which it does a lot!
There are lots of ways to shoot it. More arc is nice but not completely necessary.

Ya that lineup was amazing defensively.
Kessler, Henny, Dunn, THT, Ochai is a good defensive lineup that I would like to see tonight. Very switchy. Good on the perimeter and down low. A little undersized maybe but when lauri is healthy you can put him in and take one of Dunn/Ochai/tht out and still be great defensively with more size.

It's been a while since we have had that many good defenders on the same roster

Hendricks and Vanilla Ochai need to get 30 minutes a game. Develop their asses off. Let them know they’ll make a million mistakes and that that’s okay.
I agree

Would anyone consider starting Hendricks Lauri Kessler immediately and having Collins come off bench
This should be the preferred starting lineup but Hardy will never do it.

Stretched out and hopefully better shooting RoCo is kinda what I’m hoping for.
RoCo is ok as a comp. But I think Mikal Bridgers role in Phoenix is more the comp I am hoping he becomes.

Mikal - 6'6 without shoes
Hendricks 6'.825 without shoes

Mikal - 7'1" length in college and 7'2" now
Hendricks - 7'05" length current but he is 19

I didn't find Mikal's vertical but Hendricks is 36" but I would say Hendricks looks a touch more springy.

If Taylor can start to become a bigger threat outside of the set shot corner 3 then he could get to where Mikal is imho. I am drinking all the Koolaid.

RoCo is ok as a comp. But I think Mikal Bridgers role in Phoenix is more the comp I am hoping he becomes.

I didn't find Mikal's vertical but Hendricks is 36" but I would say Hendricks looks a touch more springy.

If Taylor can start to become a bigger threat outside of the set shot corner 3 then he could get to where Mikal is imho. I am drinking all the Koolaid.
I see more of a mix between Draymond and korver
(I kid)

Last edited:
I see more of a mix between Draymond and korver
(I kid)

Didn't they have a love child though? I recall the Jazz fell apart just before the playoffs when Korver was cheating on Boozer's girlfriend with Draymond's Green and there was a baby involved? Maybe it was lil' baby Henndy afterall.

Sounds like a hot take by Monty.

Their games are completely different. Hendricks is more of a raw athlete that can develop into a good 3&D type.

Hendricks’ last bucket was a nice strong drive after faking a 3. Good to see he’s putting the ball on the floor a bit more already and isn’t just static shooting 3s.

He has obviously gone on some type of acne medication since summer league. Good for him. I wonder if there are side effects from such medication that impacted his performance for 3-4 months prior to this recent stretch. The way the Jazz played it, it looked like they were hiding him during this time period.

He has obviously gone on some type of acne medication since summer league. Good for him. I wonder if there are side effects from such medication that impacted his performance for 3-4 months prior to this recent stretch. The way the Jazz played it, it looked like they were hiding him during this time period.
Nah he touched a boob and became a man. No more acne and no more tentative play.

So I guess this is the biggest storyline for the rest of the season. Does he start right away? Will he remain banished?

I’m on the edge of my seat.

So I guess this is the biggest storyline for the rest of the season. Does he start right away? Will he remain banished?

I’m on the edge of my seat.
He will not start. We gonna see the frontcourt of Collins/Kessler/Lauri again.

Taylor will play though. And there will be lots of load management.