What's new

Terrible coaching lost this game!

Your argument is that our coach shouldn't leave our best scorer in the game and shouldn't let him keep shooting.... are you serious? You can't be serious.

Sometimes you're best scorer is going to go through a slump. You have to ride it out and tell him to keep shooting and stay confident.

We didn't lose because of that anyway. We lost because a 30% 3 point shooter made a difficult 3 and Jerebko made a great play on a rebound.

I hate losing but I wasn't angry with this loss. Overall we played pretty well. If the Warriors are going to beat you with freaking Jonas Jerebko and Draymond Green offensively, what are you supposed to do other than just accept it and move on to the next one?

People forget Donovan hit these shots last year and won us a lot of games.
Yes.

He can improve, particularly in his shot selection, but the gravity he generates on offense is what helps creates such great looks for everyone. Does anyone think COTY and ROTY don’t understand this?

Instead of attacking the guy, make an argument against him. What's so hard about that? This is what gets me annoyed with this site is that there are so many people on here who resort to name calling rather than debating. All it does is make people angry and create hostility. I argue, debate, and when people disagree, they call me names rather than debate. In the old days, it was negging people without comments. That's just being mean-spirited. But I think our culture is becoming mean-spirited. So much hostility in our country now. Women vs. Men. Rednecks vs. Minorities. Police vs. Blacks. Rich vs. Poor. Trump vs. Everybody except dictators.

Eenie Mennie has just made the post of the month! No! The post of the year! No, wait! The post of the decade! He's exactly right about this site! Instead of just addressing the issue at hand, most attack the poster with name calling, insults and outright disgusting foul language! We try to make an observation on the game at hand and rather than look at it objectively there hellbent on degrading the poster as being a racist or worse! I admit, I occassionally use the word dummies or knot heads, which I will aim to change. But why not spend the time making your observations on what we all just saw with our own eyes? The coach blew this game, plain and simple! Not once did he seem concerned about Donavan's horrendous shot selection and take action to curtail it or stop it all together by pulling him from the game! The kid played the whole 4th QT and didn't' take one decent shot! Even when he drove to the basket he was OUT OF CONTROL!

giphy.gif

Hmm, I feel I should bring facts to your irrational hate of Melo:

Uhh, you do realize that Melo scored 30 against the Jazz in the blink of an eye on January 20th 2016.

I see the reason why you hate Melo is because Melo is a Jazz killer.

He's a Jazz killer all right! Don't know exactly what game your talking about, but it was probably lost by the Jazz with there own poor shot selection or way too many turnovers, despite the rare "occasion" when Crymellow actually shoots a decent percentage!

I somewhat agree. Having said that GSW made crazy shots and got lucky with that JJ put back. With Rudy under basket it should never happen.

If you've been watching the Warriors at all the last 5 years, you have had to come to the realization that they are the BEST passing and shooting team in the league by a LONG shot! GS will make a few crazy shots but the fact of the matter is they shoot better than ANY team in the league, bar none.....because their shots are generally wide open, not forced or contested! Missing one block out was not nearly as egregious as forcing 10 shots single handly in the 4th QT!

So who goes in for Donovan? Mitchell has no jailhouse tats, but cj is turning on him. What is the world coming to?
I agree DM lost the game. Hopefully it's a lesson he learns from. It should eat at him until the next game. Quin has a lot of film time work to do with Mitchell.

Whoever the Jazz had on the bench would have been a better choice than leaving Donovan on the floor at the time! Hey, I'm not turning on the kid! He's got skills and exceptional talent! But he's got a propensity to force shots and take the game into his own hands....when being more selective and more of a team player would be much better! He had the same problem last year, and unless he works on it, it's only going to get worse and ingrained!

Whoever the Jazz had on the bench would have been a better choice than leaving Donovan on the floor at the time! Hey, I'm not turning on the kid! He's got skills and exceptional talent! But he's got a propensity to force shots and take the game into his own hands....when being more selective and more of a team player would be much better! He had the same problem last year, and unless he works on it, it's only going to get worse and ingrained!

We need him to be able to take over games offensively. This team needs that from him in order to reach our full potential as a team and compete for championships. You can't overreact and pull him from the game every time he struggles. You have to take the bad with the good and let him work through slumps.

If you've been watching the Warriors at all the last 5 years, you have had to come to the realization that they are the BEST passing and shooting team in the league by a LONG shot! GS will make a few crazy shots but the fact of the matter is they shoot better than ANY team in the league, bar none.....because their shots are generally wide open, not forced or contested! Missing one block out was not nearly as egregious as forcing 10 shots single handly in the 4th QT!

What's the 3 point shooting percentage in the all star game 3 point contest?

Hmm, I feel I should bring facts to your irrational hate of Melo:

Uhh, you do realize that Melo scored 30 against the Jazz in the blink of an eye on January 20th 2016.

I see the reason why you hate Melo is because Melo is a Jazz killer.

This one time, at band camp...

The only thing to nitpick is whether Quin should have put in Favors as a defensive substitution on the last play. He might have been able to help rebound, but that's hindsight.

Last night we were beating them at there own game for a majority of the game. If we with this tempo and effort all year we will crush a lot of teams. Super pumped for this season!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

We need him to be able to take over games offensively. This team needs that from him in order to reach our full potential as a team and compete for championships.

Yeah, he needs to "take over games" alright! And you do that by firing up shots from all over the place? He MISSED all 10 of his shots in the 2nd half....as he tried to take over the game! Even when we drove to the basket he was out of control most of the time! Winning teams find the open man, take open shots and minimize poor shot selection by using there basketball brains and IQ.