What's new

Terrible coaching lost this game!

Last night we were beating them at there own game for a majority of the game. If we with this tempo and effort all year we will crush a lot of teams. Super pumped for this season!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
The Jazz played a heck of a game last night! They looked good most of the time. But they lost, despite scoring 47 points in the 2nd QT, 81 in the 1st half, and making 19 three pointers! They lost the game because one of there guys "tried to take over the game" himself and the coach didn't have brains enough to pull him out of there until he settled down! I remember a sound bite with Larry Brown and Allen Iverson one time! Larry said: "Allen! You see that shot you just took! We can get THAT shot ANYTIME! Why not work for a better shot next time?"

Yeah, he needs to "take over games" alright! And you do that by firing up shots from all over the place? He MISSED all 10 of his shots in the 2nd half....as he tried to take over the game! Even when we drove to the basket he was out of control most of the time! Winning teams find the open man, take open shots and minimize poor shot selection by using there basketball brains and IQ.

And if he made all ten of those shots you would be just fine right? Because he did that last year and there were no complaints. Look I don't disagree with you about the shot selection. It needs to be better. I just disagree with the overreaction. Quin Snyder knows what he's doing. He's a great coach. And it's better to let Donovan play himself out of the slump than bench him every time he makes a mistake. Donovan is the type of player who is going to critique himself harder than anybody else. He'll see what mistakes he made and work on them. It was only the second game of a long season. We'll be alright.

Look, the Jazz need to get the highest seed possible for the playoffs and you can't do that by losing games you should have won and had in hand! Yeah, it's an 82 game season, but you could easily lose out on home court advantage by 1 game and end up with a unfavorable draw because of it, true or false? They gave this game away by stupid shot selection and stupid coaching maneuvers!

Look, the Jazz need to get the highest seed possible for the playoffs and you can't do that by losing games you should have won and had in hand! Yeah, it's an 82 game season, but you could easily lose out on home court advantage by 1 game and end up with a unfavorable draw because of it, true or false? They gave this game away by stupid shot selection and stupid coaching maneuvers!
You're right about the shot selection in the 4th qtr but I don't think you can blame Quin for that.

Donovan had a bad game, but the real reason we lost was because of the minutes Royce O'neale played in the 4th quarter. That guy should remain on the bench permanently.

Look, I'm only going to repeat this one more time! Donavan missed every shot he took in the 2nd half and ALL of them were forced! Now, if the coach didn't see this or cared to look the other way, then that's on him! Donavan was playing like a selfish schoolyard kid and it cost us the game! MOST coaches would have seen that and pulled him out of the game until he realized the damage he was doing to his own teammates by trying to win the game himself, instead of trusting in his teammates who were shooting a great percentage, by the way! Forced shots are generally missed shots and in most cases they start the other teams fast break, which is NOT what you want to do with GS! But the game is over, we move on and maybe it won't happen again, or at least not as egregious as this game!

So, you take Donovan out. How much damage does that do to his confidence? How about the relationship between player and coach?

So, you take Donovan out. How much damage does that do to his confidence? How about the relationship between player and coach?

So true.

It's not too important that we win this game, actually it may have been better that we lost it in a close one. Gotta pay your dues and build that character.

You don't have to take him out, but he definitely wasn't making the best decisions. Quin could've said to look for the open man unless you have an uncontested shot during those last seconds. His shot was contested; KD had his hand right up on him when he released and he was a little off-balance if I recall as well. If we ran out the clock without scoring, they would've had even less time to score. For instance if we took a shot with less than a second left, at least two seconds more would've gone off the clock in the scramble for the rebound and who knows maybe even more if the ball was batted around. By the time they called time out, if they got the rebound, they would've had only 2 or at best 3 seconds left to score.

It wasn't just the last minute of play.....Donovan was shooting turrible the entire 2nd half and especially the whole 4th quarter! And is his ego is so "fragile" that getting pulled because of having a very bad shooting night and playing like caca is going to ruin the rest of his entire NBA career, well, then, he shouldn't even be playing professional basketball! If anything, a true Pro should be saying "I should be pulled! I'm having a seriously bad night and I'm hurting my team right now just being on the court!"

By the way, I can't BELIEVE Rondo only got a 3 game suspension for the punch he threw at the Houston player! He should have gotten 10 games minimum!

I can't believe people are taking shots at Donovan after two games. For F sake guys, cool it. Donovan will be a streaky player for the next 10 years unless you guys are dumb enough to run him off sooner. Regardless of if he shoots 60% or 20%, he's a guy the other team has to watch at all times. His presence allows for the success of others. If Rubio is off, he can be replaced because he doesn't demand attention all the time. If Donovan is off, he still has value.

We lost as a team.

i don't actually think that much but i think its more important for him to play through it and learn We'll be better off in the long run, championships aren't won in October.
This. Donovan needs to learn to play through slumps. He will run into these situations often in his NBA career and he needs to learn to maintain his confidence when things are not going his way. If he has shown one thing it is that he has the ability to learn from his mistakes and improve his game accordingly. I expect to see him bounce back.

I can't believe people are taking shots at Donovan after two games.
We lost as a team.

So your saying we are way OFF base pointing out areas where Donovan needs to improve? He was doing some of the very same dumb things last year during the playoff series the Jazz got eliminated in! So it hasn't just been "two games"! Basketball players do not come out of the school yard "polished" and with a high basketball IQ just because they can jump high and are quicker than a cat! They need COACHING! Of course, many of those high school hotshots are UNCOACHABLE and will NEVER improve because there bad habits are already ingrained beyond repair! We certainly don't think that's the case with Donovan....at least we hope not!

Hmm, I feel I should bring facts to your irrational hate of Melo:

Uhh, you do realize that Melo scored 30 against the Jazz in the blink of an eye on January 20th 2016.

I see the reason why you hate Melo is because Melo is a Jazz killer.

Funny how much I came to love a photo I used to loathe.

So your saying we are way OFF base pointing out areas where Donovan needs to improve? He was doing some of the very same dumb things last year during the playoff series the Jazz got eliminated in! So it hasn't just been "two games"! Basketball players do not come out of the school yard "polished" and with a high basketball IQ just because they can jump high and are quicker than a cat! They need COACHING! Of course, many of those high school hotshots are UNCOACHABLE and will NEVER improve because there bad habits are already ingrained beyond repair! We certainly don't think that's the case with Donovan....at least we hope not!

I'm perfectly fine with criticism. However, I don't think he is the player you bench which is what so many people said and were implying. Of course Donovan has to get better, but fans need to be patient and understand the development.