What's new

Th Climate Change Thread

It's because of humans. Wipe out all humans, save the world. We have zero intrinsic value as a species. Agent Smith was right, we are a virus on the planet. Consuming and destroying everything we touch. If people are truly serious about saving the planet they need to look at reducing the number of humans whose very existence poses an existential threat to every other species on the planet.

Eliminate the humans, save the planet. Simple.

I posted a pretty long note in my hallway bulletin board at work asking people to stop sitting in their cars with them running when on break.

Climate change or whatever term you want to use sucks. Bad. Also we as a society on earth will never change enough to make any difference.

It's because of humans. Wipe out all humans, save the world. We have zero intrinsic value as a species. Agent Smith was right, we are a virus on the planet. Consuming and destroying everything we touch. If people are truly serious about saving the planet they need to look at reducing the number of humans whose very existence poses an existential threat to every other species on the planet.

I have an idea. You see, there's this lab in Wuhan...

Speaking of that, there are SO many people at my work that have covid right now. More than anytime since covid existence

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I posted a pretty long note in my hallway bulletin board at work asking people to stop sitting in their cars with them running when on break.
Your coworkers are so lacking in foresight. Don't they know if they keeping doing that then by as soon as this spring the climate will change and the snow will melt? You are so right in telling your company's employees what they should do when they're not on the clock.

Your coworkers are so lacking in foresight. Don't they know if they keeping doing that then by as soon as this spring the climate will change and the snow will melt? You are so right in telling your company's employees what they should do when they're not on the clock.
Breaks are paid typically. But I know that's not really the point.

I bet wherever they work that if the company ran 1% more energy efficient it would make up in one year for all the people who sat in their cars with them running over the last 10 years.

Pollution and green house emissions overwhelmingly come from industry. Turning lights off and the thermostat down are all perfectly fine ideas but are basically nothing in comparison to the energy the industrial sector wastes needlessly.

Oh I'm not telling them what to do. I was simply pointing out to them that we have an amazing break room and that running a vehicle doesn't help the issue at all. It makes it worse. They can still do it though.

Also, we work in a food manufacturing facility. We wear hairnets and uniforms and gloves. GMP's are important to us here. They actually aren't supposed to leave the plant for (paid) break anyways.

Oh and I have had a ton of positive feedback about it. In fact, right next to the note people have written in dry erase marker (the note is on a dry erase board) "I agree" and "this" and put hearts next to it. Turns out I'm not the only one that would prefer better air to worse air.

I have also seen less people doing it since the note which has the added benefit of saving them money. Ya know, that super expensive Biden gas right?

I have been happy with the result.

Oh and if that note triggered you then this will probably trigger you too. I'm wearing a mask today!

Last edited:
They failed! See the left it to the Chinese who made a bad knock-off of Captain Tripps.

Breaks are paid typically. But I know that's not really the point.

I bet wherever they work that if the company ran 1% more energy efficient it would make up in one year for all the people who sat in their cars with them running over the last 10 years.

Pollution and green house emissions overwhelmingly come from industry. Turning lights off and the thermostat down are all perfectly fine ideas but are basically nothing in comparison to the energy the industrial sector wastes needlessly.
Ya and I don't think it's going to solve anything to not run your car. But at least not running your car won't make it worse.

I agree with LogGrad98’s take to a degree. Life on Earth would be better off without us. Or at least without civilization. There have been great widespread extinctions in the past, though, and life always finds a way to make a comeback. Still, I feel sorry for the wild critters I love, and those I never met, impacted now, or down the line. And I wonder what human migration will be like as the century advances, and the bound to be political forces respond to migration.

Not all humans are clueless. I was going to post the latest UN climate report, but this is a much more worthy share. I stumbled upon the Kogi years ago, with their first film “From the Heart of the World: The Elder Brothers Warning-Kogi Message to Humanity”. Easy to find on YouTube, highly recommend, and in the context of the title, we humans of the developed world are the Kogi’s “younger brothers”.

This is their second film. It’s relevant to the thread, and a voice folks might not hear otherwise.

Oh and I have had a ton of positive feedback about it. In fact, right next to the note people have written in dry erase marker (the note is on a dry erase board) "I agree" and "this" and put hearts next to it.
Of that I have no doubt. When dictators speak it is often funny to see who can outdo their compatriots for enthusiastic endorsement.

You successfully signaled to everyone that you are watching and your intrusion is moral because it is in the name of saving the planet. Even those who only wanted a moment of peace to talk to their kids or their lover won’t say a word in protest, not even behind your back. It is too dangerous and they want to keep their jobs. The only act of rebellion they’ll dare to offer up is to vote for the one person who they know makes you angry. They'll punch that button and mutter under their breath "Eff you Fish, this is for taking away conversations with my kids."

I agree with LogGrad98’s take to a degree. Life on Earth would be better off without us. Or at least without civilization. There have been great widespread extinctions in the past, though, and life always finds a way to make a comeback. Still, I feel sorry for the wild critters I love, and those I never met, impacted now, or down the line. And I wonder what human migration will be like as the century advances, and the bound to be political forces respond to migration.

Not all humans are clueless. I was going to post the latest UN climate report, but this is a much more worthy share. I stumbled upon the Kogi years ago, with their first film “From the Heart of the World: The Elder Brothers Warning-Kogi Message to Humanity”. Easy to find on YouTube, highly recommend, and in the context of the title, we humans of the developed world are the Kogi’s “younger brothers”.

This is their second film. It’s relevant to the thread, and a voice folks might not hear otherwise.

We are not destroying the world, we are changing it. Yes that will lead to extinctions but long term it will also lead to new species that would have never existed otherwise.

The biggest problem for humans is that so many of us live near coastlines and the people right on the coasts are the wealthiest of us all. Their property is going to be underwater first.

Humans will survive, maybe a little worse for wear (or is it ware?). Things will be different. That's the tragedy, that things will be different.

Just realized I misspelled the title of this thread. Anyone notice?

I’m all for implanting a chip in humans upon their birth that prevents them from being able to procreate.

It can only be removed if certain criteria are met. Certain education, employment, and/or judicial requirements.

We are not destroying the world, we are changing it. Yes that will lead to extinctions but long term it will also lead to new species that would have never existed otherwise.
Yes, that’s why I noted there have been great widespread extinctions in the past, yet life has always found a way.

About 250 million years ago, at the end of the Permian period, something killed some 90 percent of the planet's species. Less than 5 percent of the animal species in the seas survived. On land less than a third of the large animal species made it. Nearly all the trees died. And the Age of Dinosaurs followed, after 90% of life had disappeared. Life always finds a way.

If you have a species that is self conscious, is able to use intelligence to change the world, but does not know enough about how any changes affect that world, that’s a flawed species, in my estimation. Or at least it’s a condition of innate ignorance that can lead to problems. For instance, the car was invented without any understanding of greenhouse gases and their effect on climate. Other animals, on the other hand, don’t seem to initiate things that can throw entire systems out of whack.

Other animals, on the other hand, don’t seem to initiate things that can throw entire systems out of whack.
Yeah, sure except for nearly all of history as far back as we can look and in every direction. Evolution didn't start when humans came on the scene. Evolution is life trying to tilt the system for their advantage and the fossil record is littered with victims. Nothing humans have done in their collective history is even 0.1% as destructive as the Great Oxidation Event foisted on the planet by cyanobacteria.

Of that I have no doubt. When dictators speak it is often funny to see who can outdo their compatriots for enthusiastic endorsement.

You successfully signaled to everyone that you are watching and your intrusion is moral because it is in the name of saving the planet. Even those who only wanted a moment of peace to talk to their kids or their lover won’t say a word in protest, not even behind your back. It is too dangerous and they want to keep their jobs. The only act of rebellion they’ll dare to offer up is to vote for the one person who they know makes you angry. They'll punch that button and mutter under their breath "Eff you Fish, this is for taking away conversations with my kids."
Lol. im the boss of zero employees at work. I have no authority. they can still go to their cars. They can still run them the whole time. They can even sit in their cars with them not running!

In fact, our break room is so amazing that phones work in it! You can actually talk on the phone in the break room! and its huge! plenty of space to have privacy. Anything they can do in their car they can do in the break room and then some. other than smoke weed i guess. Maybe thats what they do when they go to their car for break.

Last edited: