What's new

Th Climate Change Thread

Seems like you used it wrong.
Someone who worked in the EPA had a kid that worked in the supreme court.

If the kid would have ended up working for the EPA then that would make the kid a nepo baby according to the definition but since the kid worked in the supreme Court the nepo baby adjective is incorrect from what I can gather.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

“Experts say the documents show the fossil fuel industry had intimate involvement in the inception of modern climate science, along with its warnings of the severe harm climate change will wreak, only to then publicly deny this science for decades and fund ongoing efforts to delay action on the climate crisis.

“These findings are a startling confirmation that big oil has had its finger on the pulse of academic climate science for 70 years – for twice my lifetime – and a reminder that it continues to do so to this day. They make a mockery of the oil industry’s denial of basic climate science decades later.”

“Experts say the documents show the fossil fuel industry had intimate involvement in the inception of modern climate science, along with its warnings of the severe harm climate change will wreak, only to then publicly deny this science for decades and fund ongoing efforts to delay action on the climate crisis.

“These findings are a startling confirmation that big oil has had its finger on the pulse of academic climate science for 70 years – for twice my lifetime – and a reminder that it continues to do so to this day. They make a mockery of the oil industry’s denial of basic climate science decades later.”

In a nutshell, the fossil fuel industry has employed real scientists who have done a great deal of due diligence in investigating this complex issue for 70 years to inform their opinion while you aren't a climate scientist but you read some stuff on the internet this morning and have concluded those actual scientists are wrong.

This is not exactly true in my experience, FWIW. I have both been on the academic side being funded by the private sector and in the private sector paying for research to be done by academia. In all my experience the way research was done and conclusions received were not influenced by what results the sponsor was looking for.

What will happen, and could be considered questionable, is that if results are contrary to what the sponsor is hoping for, then that research won't get published.