What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

There is probably some provision that would make billion-dollar business pay an extra $1000 to help out.
That provision is called inflation. It is costing people a lot more than $1,000, and it is impacting everyone. People are going to feel it even more as the impacts of the Fed's interest rate hikes start to really bite into economic growth. We are all going to feel the effects of stupid voting patterns and it could justifiably lead to democrats losing power nearly everywhere for a generation.

You just don’t see this kind of inflammatory rhetoric from the left. This is stuff you’d hear in Rwanda prior to their genocide. M This is going to get someone killed.
Is going to get someone killed? It is already getting people killed. A democrat killed a kid who he thought was an extreme republican but running him over with an SUV. Elsewhere in Michigan an 84-year old was shot by a pro-choice advocate for voicing a pro-life opinion. Unlike the 18-year old kid, the 84-year old woman survived.

Is going to get someone killed? It is already getting people killed. A democrat killed a kid who he thought was an extreme republican but running him over with an SUV. Elsewhere in Michigan an 84-year old was shot by a pro-choice advocate for voicing a pro-life opinion. Unlike the 18-year old kid, the 84-year old woman survived.
If I took you seriously, I could easily match 5 to your every 1.

If I took you seriously, I could easily match 5 to your every 1.

Ya maybe instead of saying democrats want to kill republicans she could say some thing like, “there have been a few isolated incidents (in a country of hundreds of millions of people) of a democrat who killed a republican but those criminals are being dealt with by the justice system”
Maybe instead of saying we have to take back our country from the communist regime she could say something like “get out and vote so that we can win elections and implement policies more towards our liking”

But she is a trumper so of course she only talks in extreme hyperbole and worst case scenario language to install as much fear as possible into the base.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Ya maybe instead of saying democrats want to kill republicans she could say some thing like, “there have been a few isolated incidents (in a country of hundreds of millions of people) of a democrat who killed a republican but those criminals are being dealt with by the justice system”
Maybe instead of saying we have to take back our country from the communist regime she could say something like “get out and vote so that we can win elections and implement policies more towards our liking”

But she is a trumper so of course she only talks in extreme hyperbole and worst case scenario language to install as much fear as possible into the base.

Right now fear and outrage are the dominating driving forces of our political machine. It is the outcome of twitter and facebook changing our entire discourse from articles with real details to soundbites. We have always been swayed by soundbites, but never have we had so many such soundbites, from so many people, driving such strong groupthink and mob mentality as we have now in facebook, twitter and other social media. In seconds you can find hundreds of people who will happily reinforce your own biases and raise it to a fever pitch. That is what you are seeing now directly from the political leaders themselves, who are simply parroting what they have already reinforced on social media. Any and all discourse overwhelmed by waves and waves of catchy slogans and destructive hyperbolic rhetoric in less than 280 characters at a time. It will ultimately be the downfall of the country, imo. First, the dangers of the 2-party system destroying actual choice and the need for impactful policy-making, now the onslaught of social media dragging the masses along for the ride. We are well on our way down the slippery slope.

Have you read this forum lately? It is filled with posters finding the most extreme snips they can find and reposting it here to get people to fear and hate a broad swath of people. Maybe posters could say MTG is a low-IQ lunatic who says some inflammatory stuff but she has no real institutional power and I'm glad she doesn't represent my congressional district. But no. It is "Look at this crazy thing republicans said. They are a fascist cancer."

If you really want to see the temperature drop a bit, maybe look at little closer to home and be willing to criticize those wanting to fight a culture war with a bit too much heat. I'm sure you won't have to wait long for an opportunity. Any minute now there will be a string of incendiary tweets pasted into this thread accompanied by a broad comment tarring all republicans. I'm guessing that when it happens, you will do nothing. You will say nothing.

Hershel Walker imploding in October was the most predictable thing I’ve ever seen. It’s just amazing how bad Republicans are at this. They’ve got the world’s most comprehensive propaganda apparatus, the world’s richest men, the American judicial system, and the world’s worst candidates. Just amazing that they still suck so bad.

This is just brutal

View: https://twitter.com/sollenbergerrc/status/1577071370457923584?s=46&t=BsP-mDXfRBITdYz9zBBzKA

View: https://twitter.com/christianwalk1r/status/1577104266543497216?s=46&t=BsP-mDXfRBITdYz9zBBzKA

View: https://twitter.com/christianwalk1r/status/1577105221775679488?s=46&t=BsP-mDXfRBITdYz9zBBzKA

View: https://twitter.com/christianwalk1r/status/1577101530586484736?s=46&t=BsP-mDXfRBITdYz9zBBzKA

Repubs should’ve never put this empty husk of a man in this position. But hey, they wanted a crazy celeb cuz that worked in 2016, and they wanted a black guy to peel off black Warnock voters.

I’m sure Repubs on here will be calling for Walker to drop out. After all, he claims he’s pro life yet pays his mistresses to get abortions. Seems kinda hypocritical to me.

Hershel Walker imploding in October was the most predictable thing I’ve ever seen. It’s just amazing how bad Republicans are at this. They’ve got the world’s most comprehensive propaganda apparatus, the world’s richest men, the American judicial system, and the world’s worst candidates. Just amazing that they still suck so bad.

This is just brutal

View: https://twitter.com/sollenbergerrc/status/1577071370457923584?s=46&t=BsP-mDXfRBITdYz9zBBzKA

View: https://twitter.com/christianwalk1r/status/1577104266543497216?s=46&t=BsP-mDXfRBITdYz9zBBzKA

View: https://twitter.com/christianwalk1r/status/1577105221775679488?s=46&t=BsP-mDXfRBITdYz9zBBzKA

View: https://twitter.com/christianwalk1r/status/1577101530586484736?s=46&t=BsP-mDXfRBITdYz9zBBzKA

Repubs should’ve never put this empty husk of a man in this position. But hey, they wanted a crazy celeb cuz that worked in 2016, and they wanted a black guy to peel off black Warnock voters.

I’m sure Repubs on here will be calling for Walker to drop out. After all, he claims he’s pro life yet pays his mistresses to get abortions. Seems kinda hypocritical to me.

Dang. Now thats a bombshell right there.

Right now fear and outrage are the dominating driving forces of our political machine. It is the outcome of twitter and facebook changing our entire discourse from articles with real details to soundbites. We have always been swayed by soundbites, but never have we had so many such soundbites, from so many people, driving such strong groupthink and mob mentality as we have now in facebook, twitter and other social media. In seconds you can find hundreds of people who will happily reinforce your own biases and raise it to a fever pitch. That is what you are seeing now directly from the political leaders themselves, who are simply parroting what they have already reinforced on social media. Any and all discourse overwhelmed by waves and waves of catchy slogans and destructive hyperbolic rhetoric in less than 280 characters at a time. It will ultimately be the downfall of the country, imo. First, the dangers of the 2-party system destroying actual choice and the need for impactful policy-making, now the onslaught of social media dragging the masses along for the ride. We are well on our way down the slippery slope.
Yawn boring.

Could you make your point in 140 characters or fewer? I don’t have all day to read your novel.

Whoa wait, Ye wore a “White Lives Matter” t-shirt?! OMG I gotta do a tik tok, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Truth, and Twitter tweet tweet about that! Ye is triggering someone! OMG

People who do this to other forms of life, not my kind of people…

In the early 2000s, testimony from a whistleblower and veterinarian named Catherine Dell’Orto about Oz’s research detailed extensive suffering inflicted on his team’s canine test subjects, including multiple violations of the Animal Welfare Act, which sets minimum standards of care for dogs, cats, primates, rabbits, and other animals in the possession of animal dealers and laboratories. The law specifically requires researchers and breeders to use pain-relieving drugs or euthanasia on the animals, and not use paralytics without anesthesia, or experiment multiple times on the same animal.

Dell’Orto testified that a dog experimented on by Oz’s team experienced lethargy, vomiting, paralysis, and kidney failure, but wasn’t euthanized for a full two days. She alleged other truly horrifying examples of gratuitously cruel treatment of dogs, including at least one dog who was kept alive for a month for continued experimentation despite her unstable, painful condition, despite how data from her continued experimentation was deemed unusable. According to Dell’Orto, one Oz-led study resulted in a litter of puppies being killed by intracardiac injection with syringes of expired drugs inserted in their hearts without any sedation. Upon being killed, the puppies were allegedly left in a garbage bag with living puppies who were their littermates.

In the early 2000s, testimony from a whistleblower and veterinarian named Catherine Dell’Orto about Oz’s research detailed extensive suffering inflicted on his team’s canine test subjects, including multiple violations of the Animal Welfare Act, which sets minimum standards of care for dogs, cats, primates, rabbits, and other animals in the possession of animal dealers and laboratories. The law specifically requires researchers and breeders to use pain-relieving drugs or euthanasia on the animals, and not use paralytics without anesthesia, or experiment multiple times on the same animal.

Dell’Orto testified that a dog experimented on by Oz’s team experienced lethargy, vomiting, paralysis, and kidney failure, but wasn’t euthanized for a full two days. She alleged other truly horrifying examples of gratuitously cruel treatment of dogs, including at least one dog who was kept alive for a month for continued experimentation despite her unstable, painful condition, despite how data from her continued experimentation was deemed unusable. According to Dell’Orto, one Oz-led study resulted in a litter of puppies being killed by intracardiac injection with syringes of expired drugs inserted in their hearts without any sedation. Upon being killed, the puppies were allegedly left in a garbage bag with living puppies who were their littermates.
That would be enough for me to not vote for him. I really couldn't care less about Hershel Walker's affairs or abortion but mistreating dogs is a bridge too far. Eff that guy.

Yawn boring.

Could you make your point in 140 characters or fewer? I don’t have all day to read your novel.

Whoa wait, Ye wore a “White Lives Matter” t-shirt?! OMG I gotta do a tik tok, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Truth, and Twitter tweet tweet about that! Ye is triggering someone! OMG

Kanye hated that someone in the blm used funds incorrectly. Unlike trump who used the stop the steal money and the build the wall money and the trump foundation charity money all exactly how it was supposed to be used.
Kanye isnt a hypocrite at all. Nope

Holy ****. As the biggest dog lover on the planet this pisses me off more than anything trump ever did. **** dr oz.