What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

If covid was so dangerous as Democrats believed it was, they wouldn't sweep this under the rug but they do. You here do...
I've done nothing but agree with you on the border crisis. No one has disagreed significantly. How persecuted do you really feel?

I've done nothing but agree with you on the border crisis. No one has disagreed significantly. How persecuted do you really feel?
I'm not talking to you when I say that... Don't feel victimized. I've had many many of conversations with other posters here too.

I imagine there has always been disinformation, and misinformation. And people believe any number of ideas that others would judge to be strange. Things like the Flat Earth Society comes to mind, and in general it’s unrealistic to expect people use the discriminatory power of their intellect 24/7. Irrational beliefs are common enough among humans.

But I think these days the appearance of, and dominance of, social media has helped make disinformation and misinformation perhaps that much easier to spread. As in like never before.

I think one thing we might be concerned with is that in counties with low vaccination rates, which tends to be more the case in red counties and states, it will be more likely for the virus to mutate more. I know the Israeli government has concluded the Pfizer vaccine is considerably less effective against the delta variant. I do think the administration is concerned, not just with the surges in low vaccination areas from the delta variant, but also concerned that newer variants could develop that make the vaccinated more vulnerable as well. The administration wants as many citizens vaccinated as they can manage to convince. And I think these are the things they have in mind where combating disinfo and misinformation are concerned.

It is concerning for the reasons people are usually concerned about things they might consider shades of Big Brother. We are a very long way from the system of social control being implemented by the Chinese, but 9/11 helped in the development of the National Security State we live in presently.

At any rate, I don’t have answers, but I do believe the administration is very concerned about the potential of far deadlier variants finding footholds in low vaccinated regions, and they are willing to go at disinfo and misinfo directly, if it helps avoid that. Personally, I see no reason to believe, at this point, that people who do not want the vaccination are going to change their minds. I think it’s a little late to reach those who subscribe to irrational fears where the vaccine is concerned.

If the administration was concerned the border would be closed plain and simple. I'm not saying permanently but until it's under control. They also are diminishing Trumps policy that didn't allow sick people in. How can you possibly say he's concerned when he's allowed hundreds of thousands of unvaccinated into the country? When his concentration camps are littered with sick people according to undercover reports?

Crossings are at a 12 year high and nothing... absolutely nothing is being done. That's the opposite of concern.

Last edited:
Ohhhhh... So a few of the criminals who fled Texas with no mask on a private jet are now testing positive for covid. A super spreader possibly with these flat out idiots singing and infecting how many? Your party is just flat out full of hypocrisy and stupidity.

This is outrageous...

Don’t all their Covid cases completely cease last August or so ? Lol
No there are still cases. But when there's new cases in an area everyone self quarantines and they test the whole city. Then isolate the sick people and life goes back to normal in a couple days. Lately there's been outbreaks on the border is Myanmar due to people fleeing.

No there are still cases. But when there's new cases in an area everyone self quarantines and they test the whole city. Then isolate the sick people and life goes back to normal in a couple days. Lately there's been outbreaks on the border is Myanmar due to people fleeing.

you'll forgive me for being cynical about China's reporting of it's Covid pandemic

I know it is impossible but I am so curious as to what that chart would look like if the other guy had won. In my experience the most ardent skeptics of science are on the political right. I'm not just talking the danger of SARS-CoV-2 or Climate Change or any other politically hot idea, but even in things that have nothing to do with politics like the existence of Dark Matter. That is not to say all right-wing people are that way. Most engineers are on the political right.

Leading up to the election there were very prominent voices casting doubt on the vaccines. Kamala Harris and Andrew Cuomo are two that come to mind. Those on the political left also aren't immune from anti-science mindsets as a decade ago the most prominent anti-vaxxer on Earth was Jenny McCarthy who is very politically left.

I wonder if that chart would be backwards if Trump were out front constantly talking about how great the vaccines he developed were. Are there people who hate him so much that they'd refuse to inject something in their body that he put his name on even if that thing could save their lives? Or would the skeptical right still refuse even Trump were the one selling it? I don't know and never will. Things worked out the way they did and we have what we have but it does make me curious.

Ohhhhh... So a few of the criminals who fled Texas with no mask on a private jet are now testing positive for covid. A super spreader possibly with these flat out idiots singing and infecting how many? Your party is just flat out full of hypocrisy and stupidity.
Super-spreader events need more than a hundred people, and because they were vaccinated, they were very unlikely to spread the disease at all.

I do agree the Democrats are full of stupidity and hypocrisy, although not to the level of the Republicans nowadays.

you'll forgive me for being cynical about China's reporting of it's Covid pandemic
Fair enough, I definitely don't trust their government to tell the whole truth, but I also don't trust USA or any government to tell the whole truth much more. People in power like to stay that way.

I've been traveling all over China for the last 6 months or more and talking to lots of people. It wouldn't be open if there were recent cases in the area and literally I know one person who knows someone in China that's had covid-19 here. They are from Wuhan which is pretty much the only place that had a real outbreak. They took extreme measures far more than any other country to stop the spread. China messed up early with this stuff.

It's also a mentality that everyone should do their part to make everyone better off. Everyone sacrifice for everyone. It's one of the few communist thing that's held steady here. It's the opposite of western culture of individual rights.

Last edited:
This country is never going to solve its immigration issues regardless of administration until it truly solves for the root issues. We bandaid everything as it’s the easiest road to travel and feign progress.

Detestable conditions and we should be ashamed that Washington can’t come together for real solutions.
Politicians being about doing what's best for the people went by the wayside 40 years ago. Politicians today are about 1 thing and 1 thing only: winning the next election. They kick every can down the road they can unless they feel it will directly affect their ability to get re-elected.

I did not say “red countries”. I said “red counties”. I was referring to low vaccination areas within the United States.
Some data you should probably be aware of is the current demographic breakdown of who has been vaccinated.

Asian Americans: 62% vaccinated
White Americans: 47% vaccinated
Hispanic Americans: 39% vaccinated
Black Americans: 34% vaccinated

That breakdown does not correlate to the demographic political breakdown in America and a number of the CCDH dirty dozen listed in the report you linked are not right wing people. I'm not saying right wing outlets aren't broadcasting anti-vax insanity that is doing real damage. There this a hole and we all see it but the square peg you keep trying to jam into it doesn't quite fit.