What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Because I create data visualizations professionally and have half of the required data lying around from a project I did 18 months ago. Also, I'm not "correlating the individual decisions". I would be correlating the statistics of geographic areas.
Oddly, when the research is easily available to pursue, you refuse to think about why black people would be refusing to take the vaccine. I'm sure there's a perfectly valid reason why your investigations are so selective.

I agree. You're using it as a slur term, and I am still amused with the pattern of taking positive attributes and turning them into slurs.

So, you are saying those who are intelligently and strategically approaching and attacking legitimate social and civil rights issues are not among the "woke"? Do you think they would agree with your use of the term?

Carry on, doing you then. Take sides.

I don’t know why it’s so hard to believe that “vaccine hesitation” is closely correlated with political affiliation more than any other metric. Like have some of you been living in a cave for the past year? Ever since this began the GOP has downplayed it. They’ve made it a faith test to blow off the pandemic or else lose tribe membership. Trump wanted people to ignore the pandemic because he thought doing so would help his re-election chances.

For over one year they’ve drowned their supporters in Qanon, election, and covid conspiracy. Their last two CPACs featured speakers who attacked vaccines. Their top propagandists, Tucker, Hannity, and Ingraham have lied nonstop about vaccines.

Like, it’s pretty obvious why the same 40 percent of America who never left trump largely refuse the vaccine. It’s another test of faith that they are bound and determined to pass. Which is why, we the rational people, need to act now to help these folks prioritize our country ahead of their absurd test of faith. It’s more important to end this pandemic than to continue to *fap fap fap* for Jesus Trump.

I'm sure there's a perfectly valid reason why your investigations are so selective.
It isn't a mystery. I don't make statements that would apply to a granularity smaller than the data I had. I have no idea why 100 million people distrust authority or aren't more afraid of SARS-CoV-2. Not only do I not have trust and fear data to the level of the individual, I don't even have it as granular as local area. I don't know if the trust and fear of your county is higher or lower than the trust and fear of the county east of you. I certainly don't have the data broken down both geographically and by motivation for the distrust. Because I don't have the data, I'm not going to guess.

I do have educational attainment data for your county and for the county east of you. I'm sure I can also get vaccination rate data for your county and the county east of you, which means there is enough data to do some analysis.

Agree 100%
If either party puts fourth someone in their 40's or 50's as their presidential candidate then that person might get my vote no matter what their politics are like.
Im sick of old senile dudes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
But then people would bitch about him being born in Kenya or wearing a tan suit or using grey poupon

I still see some Trump 2020 flags out and about and feel the same away about them that I would if they said Mondale 1984.
We should seek to understand, coddle, or pander these losers. It’s the only way for them to rejoin society, get vaccinated, and not vote for stupid racist ******* for president…

It’s crazy, because I never recall reading anything about mccain supporters, Kerry, Gore, or hell, Mondale supporters. Yet we read nonstop the bellyaching from Trump supporters STILL. Whether he wins (like 2016) or loses (2020), the media loves interviewing these **** throwing monkeys who still have flags up. It’s really weird. But I guess that’s what cults do.

The parts they leave out of this story are that the FBI had no responsibility or power to investigate any of these tips. The involvement of the FBI was a courtesy that was strictly limited in scope by the Senate to exactly 1 week and limited by the Senate to only to providing additional background on the claims already made when the fact finding started. The FBI was forbidden from investigation by constraints put on them by the Senate. Furthermore, the Office of White House Councel also had no responsibility to investigate any of this.

The ONLY party with a responsibility to investigate was the Senate themselves. The Senate is empowered to conduct investigations. They don’t need to pass investigations to the FBI. They can empanel investigators and issue subpoenas. Not only did the Senate have the power and the responsibility for any investigation, but the FBI gave the Senate all 4,500 tips collected on the FBI tip line before they voted! All 100 Senators had access to this information back in 2018 as was reported at the time!

FbiTips.jpg

There is nothing new in any of this for this story to have captured the attention of the media. If I had to guess, this is a P.R. push to set up an effort to impeach Kavanaugh and replace him with a Biden nominee. This could be the theme of the 2022 Senate races, and it is possible it is being initiated by either side. Many believe it was the death of Scalia in 2016 and the left’s efforts to fill his seat with a more left-minded juror that drove conservative turnout in that election. This threat to Kavanaugh’s seat could be a DNC or an RNC creation although the involvement of Senator Sheldon Whitehouse suggests it is coming from the left.

My wife and I are doing pretty good too. Utah’s state leadership has handled the pandemic relatively well.
I think Cox has - the legislature has strong-armed him a bit with some of the goofy timelines and no mask mandates in schools simply to create agendas vs. any scientific reasoning, but I have no problems with him yet.

It isn't a mystery. I don't make statements that would apply to a granularity smaller than the data I had. I have no idea why 100 million people distrust authority or aren't more afraid of SARS-CoV-2.
The data is easily obtainable, and it's been studied for decades.

The parts they leave out of this story are that the FBI had no responsibility or power to investigate any of these tips.
I'm sure you think you are making some sort of relevant points with this and the following sentences, but was it really about something other people disagreed with?

All 100 Senators had access to this information back in 2018 as was reported at the time!
Well, yeah, technically….I would have liked to know which tips the FBI felt were relevant, and said relevant tips that they had indicated were relevant to White House Counsel, and I also likely needed a photographic memory to gain a useable understanding of what I was being provided…. The senators did not have access to the information that the FBI singled out as to what it considered the “relevant tips”. So, I do not consider that full access. The senators were left to guess which were the most relevant tips, without taking notes, and without even realizing the White House knew which tips the FBI found relevant, or that the FBI had even done such an analysis to identify which of the 4500 hundred tips were relevant. Hard to say they actually had access to the subset of tips considered “relevant” by the FBI when the senators don’t even know such a subset exists, and must examine all 4500 without being allowed to take notes!

A Democratic Senate staffer affiliated with Judiciary Committee acknowledged that the entire universe of tips was provided to senators at the time but that until the letter from the FBI last month, the senators were unaware that the FBI had engaged in a process to determine which tips were relevant. The staffer said that instead of providing the Senate with the FBI’s analysis of the relevant tips, the White House sent all the tips to the senators who were only able to read them in a secure room without the benefit of taking notes.

Last edited: