What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

And if this extremely partisan audit comes up with BS malfeasance that they literally invented out of thin air and that causes people to no longer trust elections would that be awesome?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Republican election reps in Arizona are even bashing the “audit.” I mean, how legit to you think this will be?

For ****s sakes, they’re looking for bamboo ballots that they think were shipped in from China?

Anyone who believes this audit is anything other than a sad joke is either inexcusably brainwashed by right wing media or simply being a troll.

Last edited:
Btw, most of the crap we’re seeing done by the GOP in refusing to adopt a more popular platform and run candidates to appeal to more Americans, is the fault of gerrymandering, the senate filibuster, and the electoral college. Let’s be clear, without these 3 mechanisms, Republicans would be forced to change, become moderate, and they’d have to compete for black and white and urban and rural voters.

1. But because they can gerrymander, they can retake the house without winning the popular vote.
2. But because of the filibuster, they just need to hold 41 seats to block anything. The House can pass legislation, the population could overwhelmingly support it, the president could support it, it could have 59 to 41 votes in support, and it’ll still die because of the filibuster. And Republicans don’t need to win many states outside of their deep red south to even win 41 senate seats.
3. But because of the electoral college, they don’t need a popular presidential candidate to win.

Change these 3 things? American democracy stabilizes and both parties then must compete for middle America.

Ah great, now Trumpers are trying to turn democracy into a bad word. Awesome
The guy I supported wore a boot on his head and ran on a campaign promise of “I am going to take your guns and give you better ones!!!!!” It also isn’t me turning democracy into a bad word. You can blame history and human nature for that.

Three of the founders collaborated to write a series of documents that detailed the thinking that went into why the United States government was set up the way it was. That collection is called the Federalist Papers, and speaking directly to this issue is Fed #10 written by James Madison. That is the same James Madison who wrote the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. What he wrote was:
… democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.

The United States was set up as a republic for good reason. It wasn't because no one thought of doing it. History shows this populist 'power-to-the-people' rhetoric to be seriously dangerous stuff that inexorably leads to an authoritarian strong man taking over.

The guy I supported wore a boot on his head and ran on a campaign promise of “I am going to take your guns and give you better ones!!!!!” It also isn’t me turning democracy into a bad word. You can blame history and human nature for that.

Three of the founders collaborated to write a series of documents that detailed the thinking that went into why the United States government was set up the way it was. That collection is called the Federalist Papers, and speaking directly to this issue is Fed #10 written by James Madison. That is the same James Madison who wrote the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. What he wrote was:

The United States was set up as a republic for good reason. It wasn't because no one thought of doing it. History shows this populist 'power-to-the-people' rhetoric to be seriously dangerous stuff that inexorably leads to an authoritarian strong man taking over.
How do you think those electoral votes are tallied? I heard it was by a democratic process of people voting and then using the votes of people in a state (counties in the state) to determine the electoral votes for the states.

Sorry to burst your bubble but humans still vote to determine our president. Even if it isn't determined by popular vote. The voters are still what decides it all. Democracy at work holmes. As much as you hate it.

How do you think those electoral votes are tallied? I heard it was by a democratic process of people voting and then using the votes of people in a state (counties in the state) to determine the electoral votes for the states.

Sorry to burst your bubble but humans still vote to determine our president. Even if it isn't determined by popular vote. The voters are still what decides it all. Democracy at work holmes. As much as you hate it.

Good post

Good post
I mean we have used the word democracy for many decades. We have used that word in a good way. Suddenly trump comes along and his people do what they can to make it seem like a bad word that has no place in our country lol. Wonder why? Maybe because the root word of one of our main political parties, that just so happens to be the party that Trump hates, is democracy.

So lame.

The United States, under its Constitution, is a federal, representative, democratic republic, an indivisible union of 50 sovereign States.

We are a country where some decisions (often local) are made by direct democratic processes, while others (often federal) are made by democratically elected representatives.

Trumpers want that word "democratic" removed from any description of our system.
I'm gonna go ahead and continue to use it like Americans have for as long as I have been alive.

I mean we have used the word democracy for many decades. We have used that word in a good way. Suddenly trump comes along and his people do what they can to make it seem like a bad word that has no place in our country lol. Wonder why? Maybe because the root word of one of our main political parties, that just so happens to be the party that Trump hates, is democracy.

So lame.

The United States, under its Constitution, is a federal, representative, democratic republic, an indivisible union of 50 sovereign States.

We are a country where some decisions (often local) are made by direct democratic processes, while others (often federal) are made by democratically elected representatives.

Trumpers want that word "democratic" removed from any description of our system.
I'm gonna go ahead and continue to use it like Americans have for as long as I have been alive.

Amen. Well stated.

How do you think those electoral votes are tallied?
I think what you are asking is how Electoral College electors decide who to vote for, and they vote the way their state tells them to. In 33 states there is some sort of legislative binding while the remaining 17 allow so-called “faithless electors”. In some states the electors are instructed to cast their vote for the popular vote winner of the state no matter the vote in their precinct. The elector could represent a rural red district that votes 99% for the Republican but that elector could be forced to cast his vote for the Democrat if there is a massive population center on the far side of the state that swamped the rural vote.

There is even an effort called the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact signed already by 15 states and Washington DC that would give all the electoral votes of those partner states to the national popular vote winner even if not a single voter in the state voted for that candidate. The NPVIC is possible because the United States is a republic and the Electoral College members vote how the state government tells them to, not how the people of their state tell them to vote. The United States is not a democracy.

I think what you are asking is how Electoral College electors decide who to vote for, and they vote the way their state tells them to. In 33 states there is some sort of legislative binding while the remaining 17 allow so-called “faithless electors”. In some states the electors are instructed to cast their vote for the popular vote winner of the state no matter the vote in their precinct. The elector could represent a rural red district that votes 99% for the Republican but that elector could be forced to cast his vote for the Democrat if there is a massive population center on the far side of the state that swamped the rural vote.

There is even an effort called the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact signed already by 15 states and Washington DC that would give all the electoral votes of those partner states to the national popular vote winner even if not a single voter in the state voted for that candidate. The NPVIC is possible because the United States is a republic and the Electoral College members vote how the state government tells them to, not how the people of their state tell them to vote. The United States is not a democracy.
Yep it's a democracy. If it weren't, we should just get rid of voting.
I love America though and am glad the we continue to use a democratic voting process for elections. I'm sorry that you hate America and think that the voters have no say in elections. Thank God you are wrong.

Every time I try and explain the electoral college to international counterparts, they leave more dumbfounded than anything on why we make it harder on ourselves.

Does this guy sound like he knows anything about routers? Think he could explain how they work and what they do? Think he could explain how they supposedly have created election fraud in Arizona?

Every time I try and explain the electoral college to international counterparts, they leave more dumbfounded than anything on why we make it harder on ourselves.
Yeah, because it’s stupid and makes no sense. It’s an institution that should’ve been done away with a long time ago. Now it actually works to subvert democracy. Since 1992, the GOP has only won the popular vote once. That’s why they’re so out oftouch with regular america. And if we aren’t careful, might actually empower the populist demagogue that we all fear. Rarely if ever has a demagogue actually won the majority of the population vote. Usually/Always they rely on some anti democratic mechanism, like the EC to win just enough votes to take power.

What are the chances that we can get the commish to overturn the Clippers wins in the playoffs as unfair and declare ourselves the champions as we had the best record? Because lies and cheating and stuff.
There was clearly fraud too. The routers gave push off P calls. And bamboo ballots. And antifa. It was rigged!

The Supreme Court will declare the Jazz 9-0 champions by august. Now please give me money for some crappy pillows

Does this guy sound like he knows anything about routers? Think he could explain how they work and what they do? Think he could explain how they supposedly have created election fraud in Arizona?

I'm fairly confident that, as an April Fools joke, if one of his influencers told him it was the chupacabra that was the problem, not routers, he would have simply inserted the word 'chupacabra' in its place instead.

I actually think that would be hilarious if someone did it to Biden just to entertain myself. :D

Btw, most of the crap we’re seeing done by the GOP in refusing to adopt a more popular platform and run candidates to appeal to more Americans, is the fault of gerrymandering, the senate filibuster, and the electoral college. Let’s be clear, without these 3 mechanisms, Republicans would be forced to change, become moderate, and they’d have to compete for black and white and urban and rural voters.

1. But because they can gerrymander, they can retake the house without winning the popular vote.
2. But because of the filibuster, they just need to hold 41 seats to block anything. The House can pass legislation, the population could overwhelmingly support it, the president could support it, it could have 59 to 41 votes in support, and it’ll still die because of the filibuster. And Republicans don’t need to win many states outside of their deep red south to even win 41 senate seats.
3. But because of the electoral college, they don’t need a popular presidential candidate to win.

Change these 3 things? American democracy stabilizes and both parties then must compete for middle America.
They already gerrymandered pretty heavily in 2011, and the last time we discussed this, you didn't offer any links that showed Republicans *gains* from gerrymandering.

It becomes easier to explain when you point out that if it weren’t for the Electoral College, no vote in any of the 49 states outside of California would matter. If the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact goes into effect, California will appoint the US President in every election.

Check it for yourself. For decades now, the candidate that wins California always wins the popular vote. That goes for Democrats like Hillary or Republicans like Ronald Reagan. Because of the population, money, and media exposure that California can generate, the Eastern Seaboard, the Deep South, the Midwest, Texas, and every other part of the nation become irrelevant without the Electoral College. If you want to disenfranchise 87% of Americans, pass NPVIC to empower “one person: one vote”.

It becomes easier to explain when you point out that if it weren’t for the Electoral College, no vote in any of the 49 states outside of California would matter. If the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact goes into effect, California will appoint the US President in every election.

Check it for yourself. For decades now, the candidate that wins California always wins the popular vote. That goes for Democrats like Hillary or Republicans like Ronald Reagan. Because of the population, money, and media exposure that California can generate, the Eastern Seaboard, the Deep South, the Midwest, Texas, and every other part of the nation become irrelevant without the Electoral College. If you want to disenfranchise 87% of Americans, pass NPVIC to empower “one person: one vote”.
Lol. You act as if everyone in California votes the exact some way
You also act as if the voting in California would be the same if we went by the popular vote. There are many republicans and democrats in California who don't even vote because they already know the outcome of the electoral vote.

Same goes for many states. I never voted prior to the existence of trump as a candidate because I already knew where the electoral votes from my state would go so it was pointless.