What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

No it isn't. You are mixing up your cases and not addressing the case Red's comment was highlighting.
No I'm not. I'm speaking of the classified documents case. Don't know or care about the case that red comment was highlighting. The judge could have set the trial date for the documents case closer to the election when it would have more of an effect on his chances to win. Instead the judge set the trial date for August. Cause the courts are weaponized against trump!

No I'm not. I'm speaking of the classified documents case. Don't know or care about the case that red comment was highlighting. The judge could have set the trial date for the documents case closer to the election when it would have more of an effect on his chances to win. Instead the judge set the trial date for August. Cause the courts are weaponized against trump!
Trump's normal legal tactic is delay as long as possible, so this could be viewed as a bad thing for him. I guess.

The judge could have set the trial date for the documents case closer to the election when it would have more of an effect on his chances to win. Instead the judge set the trial date for August. Cause the courts are weaponized against trump!
The DOJ and the FBI have been weaponized by the DNC, but judges are hit and miss. Some are in the tank for the Democrats and some are not. This one is not. Do you remember not-so-long-ago when you didn't understand why the Democrats were so upset at this particular judge being assigned to this case?

Doesn't a jury decide on his guilt rather than a judge?

That was in response to a Democrat hit piece Red has posted attacking this judge.
“The federal criminal case against Donald Trump for mishandling classified documents will be overseen, at least initially, by Judge Aileen Cannon, according to the New York Times. This is excellent news for Trump and exceedingly bad news for special counsel Jack Smith. Cannon’s total lack of principle, combined with her evident incapacity to experience shame, renders her a uniquely favorable jurist for the former president. Indeed, if she maintains her grasp on this case, it is nearly impossible to envision Smith securing a conviction in her courtroom.”

Yes, the DOJ and FBI are the DNC's private goon squad. Judge Aileen Cannon is ruining their play by making the trial too early and the Democrats are super unhappy about it.

Republicans. Want. Harsher. Penalties. For. Gun. Crimes.

How is that not the top headline of every story???
Because, duh. That isn't news. Republicans wanting harsher penalties for crimes, including gun crimes, is a longtime plank in their platform.

The DOJ and the FBI have been weaponized by the DNC, but judges are hit and miss. Some are in the tank for the Democrats and some are not. This one is not. Do you remember not-so-long-ago when you didn't understand why the Democrats were so upset at this particular judge being assigned to this case?

That was in response to a Democrat hit piece Red has posted attacking this judge.

Yes, the DOJ and FBI are the DNC's private goon squad. Judge Aileen Cannon is ruining their play by making the trial too early and the Democrats are super unhappy about it.
Lol. So convenient. If something, anything, bad happens to donald trump then the system is rigged against conservatives. If something favorable happens to donald trump then the system isn't rigged for just that particular moment in time. You do realize how stupid you are for basing an entire justice system off of what happens to donald trump right?

Trump's normal legal tactic is delay as long as possible, so this could be viewed as a bad thing for him. I guess.
Well ya, everything can be viewed (spun) as whatever (as we are seeing with Al o meter with every post) but what is actually occurring is just a criminal committing crimes and the justice system doing what it does.

You do realize how stupid you are for basing an entire justice system off of what happens to donald trump right?
Indeed that would be stupid, but he isn't the basis. Most of my posts have been pointing out a dichotomy which is obviously lost on you as your brain only takes in one side of the two things being contrasted. Hunter Biden committed tax evasion on a amount larger than what landed Wesley Snipes in prison for 3 years -AND- he lied on Federal forms to illegally acquire a firearm which also lands people in prison for multi-year sentences.

When lefties say "these crimes never result in harsh penalties", they are lying. When lefties say "investigations on these types of crimes take 5 years", they are lying. Hunter Biden was protected by powerful people and only had these charges finally brought when it became beneficial to the same powerful people who had been protecting him for the past 5 years.

Hunter Biden was protected by powerful people and only had these charges finally brought when it became beneficial to the same powerful people who had been protecting him for the past 5 years.
God, how I hope powerful people can protect Donald Trump as effectively. He only tried to prevent a peaceful transfer of power, and illegally retain power himself. First time in American history, but surely a relatively minor offense. He deserves a pardon! For something. For everything….

God, how I hope powerful people can protect Donald Trump as effectively. He only tried to prevent a peaceful transfer of power, and illegally retain power himself. First time in American history, but surely a relatively minor offense. He deserves a pardon! For something. For everything….
No one is protecting Donald Trump but I do expect Donald Trump to get a pardon from Joe Biden. It won't be because Trump deserves it. It will be to keep the nation from ripping itself apart. If Trump does not get pardoned then a precedent will be set where every change in power will be accompanied by prosecutions of political opponents including those inside the FBI and DOJ.

Indeed that would be stupid, but he isn't the basis. Most of my posts have been pointing out a dichotomy which is obviously lost on you as your brain only takes in one side of the two things being contrasted. Hunter Biden committed tax evasion on a amount larger than what landed Wesley Snipes in prison for 3 years -AND- he lied on Federal forms to illegally acquire a firearm which also lands people in prison for multi-year sentences.

When lefties say "these crimes never result in harsh penalties", they are lying. When lefties say "investigations on these types of crimes take 5 years", they are lying. Hunter Biden was protected by powerful people and only had these charges finally brought when it became beneficial to the same powerful people who had been protecting him for the past 5 years.
You just dont seem have many examples of conservatives getting prosectuted/investigated and democrats not getting prosecuted/investigated. Your examples seem to be trump (haven't seen you mention any other conservatives) and hillary and hunter. Hillary got investigated and hunter got prosecuted. And trump has a much much much much worse and longer history with criming. Sorry but that doesn't hold up.

You are basing an entire justice system off trump being treated worse than hunter and hillary despite the fact that trump has been the much worse criminal. sorry but criminals who do worse and more crimes typically get treated worse. i think that is the appropriate way to do things. Agree to disagree.

No one is protecting Donald Trump but I do expect Donald Trump to get a pardon from Joe Biden. It won't be because Trump deserves it. It will be to keep the nation from ripping itself apart. If Trump does not get pardoned then a precedent will be set where every change in power will be accompanied by prosecutions of political opponents including those inside the FBI and DOJ.
Why would a peaceful change in power be accompanied by prosecutions? You are off the rails man. If trump doesn't fight the election results with his stop the steal crap, his fake electors, his phone calls asking for votes for him to be found, his rally that he held the day of the count, etc then there is no prosecution or investigation for that.

You have gotten so brainwashed and insane. I just can with you anymore. Back to ignore. You and one brow can discuss your crazy talk i guess

Hunter Biden committed tax evasion on a amount larger than what landed Wesley Snipes in prison for 3 years

According to this article, Snipes owed seven million and Biden a hundred thousand. Snipes fought paying his taxes, appealed the decision, and went to jail after conviction. Biden paid his taxes before being charged and pled guilty. You pay up and plead guilty, you get a deal. That's how the American justice system works.

-AND- he lied on Federal forms to illegally acquire a firearm which also lands people in prison for multi-year sentences.
Who has pled guilty to this and landed in prison for this crime only? Name 5 people.

When lefties say "these crimes never result in harsh penalties", they are lying.
Reeeeeeeally? Can you name one case of someone who paid all their back taxes before being charged, pled guilty, and still went to prison?

When lefties say "investigations on these types of crimes take 5 years", they are lying.
Investigating rich people always takes longer. Look at the delay in prosecuting Trump vs. Jack Teixeira.

Hunter Biden was protected by powerful people
Rich people always are.

If Trump does not get pardoned then a precedent will be set where every change in power will be accompanied by prosecutions of political opponents including those inside the FBI and DOJ.
A former POTUS is just an ordinary citizen. If they do crimes, they should get charged with crimes.

Why would a peaceful change in power be accompanied by prosecutions?
Because the FBI and DOJ have been corrupted by the political establishment in power. A good example were the FBI agents who contacted social media companies to push the idea that Hunter Biden's laptop was Russian disinformation. The NY Post was banned from Twitter for 16 days because they refused to parrot the false FBI narrative of the laptop being disinformation.

The FBI didn't contact Twitter to investigate a crime. They contacted Twitter because they were instructed to do so. It was a crime for FBI personnel to use their position at the FBI to do that political favor. It is corruption but we all know that corruption won't be prosecuted because the FBI is corrupt in favor of those who have the oversight to reign in corruption of the FBI. That corruption is getting worse and more biased.

When morons complain about how Democrats have corrupted the DOJ and FBI, they don’t ever address this:

Maybe when morons complain they don't address that, but I explained exactly what happened there and why. You just didn't read it because you demonstrate a tendency to only take in information that agrees with what you want to see. That so-called delay to time the investigation for maximum political benefit is more corruption to keep Democrats in power.

Maybe when morons complain they don't address that, but I explained exactly what happened there and why. You just didn't read it because you demonstrate a tendency to only take in information that agrees with what you want to see. That so-called delay to time the investigation for maximum political benefit is more corruption to keep Democrats in power.
But you didn’t address it. Reread the post above.

But you didn’t address it. Reread the post above.
Per the Washington Post article you linked, the decision to delay the initiation of holding Trump accountable was made by Biden's apparatchik AG Merrick Garland. The same guy who worked with the NSBA, who later disavowed and appologized for their involvement, to draft a document as a manufactured pretext to use the Patriot act against concerned parents at school board meetings is the one who orchestrated the delay. Merrick Garland is the political corruption top cat. Merrick Garland wasn't protecting Trump. He hates Trump. Garland thinks Trump stole his spot on the Supreme Court. Merrick Garland held the initiation of prosecution to do maximum damage to Trump and maximum benefit to his team.

If there is a crime then get the evidence, make a judgement on if that evidence meets the threshold likely to win a conviction, go to a grand jury, and file charges. Don't delay things for five years because the target is the President's son. Don't delay things out of "wariness of appearances" which in and of itself is an admission of playing politics with the justice system. The symbol of our justice system is a chick in a blindfold because the justice system isn't supposed to take appearances into account. We don't have that now. We have a politicized justice system.