What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

I mean of course he is the worst president of all time.
It's extremely obvious. He is the only candidate who was able to get me to vote in an election in my entire life (I'm getting close to 50 years old). That tells you how bad he sucks

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

It's extremely obvious. He is the only candidate who was able to get me to vote in an election in my entire life (I'm getting close to 50 years old). That tells you how bad he sucks

After the Vietnam and Watergate era, I went decades without voting for the office of president. Obama brought me back into the fold….

Fascism always reflects unique aspects of the society in which in grows
True, but only true because the word 'Fascism' has been expanded so that it is can be used to describe anything. Putting pineapple on pizza is Fascism because it is reflecting the unique aspects of the pizza kitchen.

True, but only true because the word 'Fascism' has been expanded so that it is can be used to describe anything. Putting pineapple on pizza is Fascism because it is reflecting the unique aspects of the pizza kitchen
Unfortunately, I’ve run out of free articles here, but found Churchwell insightful at the time I read this essay. In her view, the original KKK, of the Reconstruction era, was the first true fascist organization of the modern era.

Seems to be a part of our history. To some extent. Do good angels and bad angels(figuratively speaking) struggle for ascendency? No idea, but just saying it’s not like such movements are not possible here.

And not everyone would agree with your qualifying take on fascism in America in our present moment. I have posted this a couple of times prior. Fascism is a word I may misuse at times, in some technical sense, but I’m still pretty comfortable with it. It does appear to be happening, as far as I’m concerned.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XTJNy_OrjE

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I’ve run out of free articles here, but found Churchwell insightful at the time I read this essay. In her view, the original KKK, of the Reconstruction era, was the first true fascist organization of the modern era.
I don’t disagree that real Fascism has been attempted here in the United States, or that the KKK was proto-Fascist, but neither the beginning nor the zenith were in the Reconstruction Era. It is easy to argue that Abraham Lincoln was the beginning with suspension of habeas corpus, arresting thousands whose only crime was being critical of the government, and autocratically granting himself the power to fight a war to firmly establish nationalism without a formal declaration of war or any input from Congress at all.

The power of the KKK peaked in the Progressive Era with Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson. I’ve recently detailed Teddy’s establishment of concentration camps in the Philippine-American War. Woodrow Wilson resegregated the Federal workforce, showed the KKK propaganda film ‘Birth of a Nation’ at the White House, and enacted a not-so-soft type of Imperialism that we still refer to as ‘Wilsonian’.

The arguable end to America’s flirtation with Fascism came in 1935 during the New Era when FDR’s National Recovery Administration was ruled unconstitutional. FDR had threated to pack the Supreme Court to make it constitutional but ultimately demurred.

That is two from the Republican side and two from the Democrat side. I do think you are fixated on the wrong side of the political aisle today with your Fascism worries. Please note that of the four fascist-adjacent US Presidents mentioned above, three of them were listed in the top-5 of the Presidents ranking list you recently posted. Your linked president rankings list was from lefty college professors, not historians, but lefty college academics of any discipline voting for their favorites, and they liked the fascist ones best.

Last edited:
We really only voted when we lived in Nevada. In Utah it's basically useless. You know who will always win on the national stage. Mormons gonna republican.

It's useless in California too. Californians gonna democrat.

And not everyone would agree with your qualifying take on fascism in America in our present moment. I have posted this a couple of times prior. Fascism is a word I may misuse at times, in some technical sense, but I’m still pretty comfortable with it. It does appear to be happening, as far as I’m concerned.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XTJNy_OrjE

Yes Red, you have posted this video many times and it is dumb. That video would classify Stalin and Chairman Mao as fascists. Stalin and Mao were not fascists. They were communists but that video leaves out the central tenets of historical fascism so the term can be used to describe putting pineapple on pizza. You aren't misusing the term because the term is now only a pejorative. Calling Trump a fascist is no different from calling Trump a fuc-tard.

Last edited:
I do think you are fixated on the wrong side of the political aisle today with your Fascism worries.
Well, of course you do. The fact is, I can see very, very clearly what is developing at this moment in history. It couldn’t be clearer. I don’t know the outcome, and, as I’ve said in the past, I’ll take whatever outcome in stride, and adjust as needed. But the clarity of what’s unfolding, it’s absolutely unmistakable, what you think won’t cloud that in the least.

Calling Trump a fascist is no different from calling Trump a fuc-tard.
Well, he is both after all….I can live with his fuc-tard nature. That would improve if he lost and died already, lol. It’s his “I wanna be a big shot just like Vladimir and the other top guns in this world”; that really isn’t how we do business. We don’t divide the world up into Strongman kingdoms, which, in his dreams, (and I would like it to remain dormant in his dreams, it being a nightmare in our real world at the moment), is actually exactly what he would like to see.

And yeah, I know we have democratic institutions that the lack of makes things easier for the Putin’s of the world, but who wants a president so anxious to realize as much of that dream as possible, plus vengeance and “retribution” front and center.

Just wed Trump to that Christian nationalistic “whatever”(I think of it as a disease), and that’s a nightmare I hope I never have to wake from. And I do believe Christian nationalism is a perfect psychological “grease the wheels” for the development of an American version of “it can’t happen here”, call it what you wish….

Not only is he the worst President, he is the best at being the worst that this world has ever seen. No one can be the worst like he can.

The former FBI informant charged with lying about the Bidens’ dealings in Ukraine told investigators after his arrest that Russian intelligence officials were involved in passing information to him about Hunter Biden, prosecutors said Tuesday in a new court filing, noting that the information was false.

Prosecutors also said Alexander Smirnov has been “actively peddling new lies that could impact US elections” after meeting with Russian spies late last year and that the fallout from his previous false bribery accusations about the Bidens “continue to be felt to this day.”

Prosecutors with special counsel David Weiss’ team said Tuesday that Smirnov has maintained those ties and noted that, in a post-arrest interview last week, “Smirnov admitted that officials associated with Russian intelligence were involved in passing a story about Businessperson 1,” referring to President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden.

The explosive revelation comes amid backlash over how Smirnov’s now-debunked allegations played into House Republicans’ impeachment inquiry into the president.

Last edited:
I have no idea why those lines are running through much of the text in the post above.

Last edited:
What does strikeout was chosen mean?

It means that in your text there is an open square bracket followed by an s followed by a close square bracket. If you were the one who put it there it was probably because in the editor you clicked on the three vertical dots in the menu bar and then selected strike-through.

example

What does strikeout was chosen mean?

If your screen is like mine, you can click on the three dots next to the color tool, and a dropdown will appear that includes a strikeout option. Highlight the affected text, and click the strikeout symbol to undo it.

Huh. I guess I just randomly accidentally did that mid post and then randomly accidentally undid it for posts I made after that one

Way weird.