What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Rep. Ken Buck, R-Colo., claimed that top Republicans were warned about the debunked Biden claims from a former FBI informant before he was indicted for making up allegations that the Bidens took bribes.

Buck, a House Judiciary Committee member who has pushed back on the rush to impeach Biden, told CNN that Judiciary Chair Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, and Oversight Chairman James Comer, R-Ky., along with other Republicans were warned about the informant’s claims before they hyped them publicly.

“We were warned at the time that we received the document outlining this witness’s testimony – we were warned that the credibility of this statement was not known,” Buck said.

“And yet people, my colleagues went out and talk to the public about how this was credible and how it was damning and how it proved President Biden’s – at the time Vice President Biden’s – complicity in receiving bribes,” he said. “It appears to absolutely be false and to really undercut the nature of the charges.”

Buck added that it “appears” that Comer and Jordan went public with the information even though they knew it was uncorroborated.

House Republicans have continued their impeachment inquiry, interviewing President Biden’s brother James behind closed doors on Wednesday. James Biden denied that the president has ever had “any involvement or any direct or indirect financial interest” in his business ventures, according to Politico.

“I don’t know why Jim Comer and Jim Jordan thought that perhaps it was going to be Joe Biden’s brother that brought him down,” Fox News host Jessica Tarlov said Wednesday. “But this is the path that they’ve chosen to take. And honestly, I’m surprised that they have this high of a threshold for humiliation, every witness that they have called has decimated their argument.”

“Not only did he lie, he was lying because the Russians were feeding him the disinformation. It’s so embarrassing,” Tarlov said.

Rep. Jamie Raskin, D-Md., the top Democrat on the Oversight Committee, said Wednesday that the “impeachment investigation essentially ended yesterday, in substance if not in form, with the explosive revelation” that Russia fed information to Smirnov.

“It appears like the whole thing is not only, obviously, false and fraudulent, but a product of Russian disinformation and propaganda,” Raskin said. “And that’s been the motor force behind this investigation for more than a year.”

Remember when trump told zelensky to investigate biden or trump wouldn't give ukraine the money that congress had already approved to be given to ukraine?

It has become clear that Trump got the House to do what he had asked Zelensky to do back in 2019.

Like Michael Cohen has been saying (and he should know), Trump usually doesn't have to ask directly (which was part of his mistake with the Ukraine phone call). His minions know what he wants. In this case, the goal was to simply launch an investigation and he'll do the rest. It never mattered if there was any evidence. It was the investigation that was the goal. That's why this little hiccup, that the key witness imploded isn't going to stop anything. The "Biden crime family" moniker is already there now and will continue to be believed by many. The lies and allegations have already become truth to many.

Remember when trump told zelensky to investigate biden or trump wouldn't give ukraine the money that congress had already approved to be given to ukraine?

It has become clear that Trump got the House to do what he had asked Zelensky to do back in 2019.

Like Michael Cohen has been saying (and he should know), Trump usually doesn't have to ask directly (which was part of his mistake with the Ukraine phone call). His minions know what he wants. In this case, the goal was to simply launch an investigation and he'll do the rest. It never mattered if there was any evidence. It was the investigation that was the goal. That's why this little hiccup, that the key witness imploded isn't going to stop anything. The "Biden crime family" moniker is already there now and will continue to be believed by many. The lies and allegations have already become truth to many.
You do have to give Trump credit in his flawless and hyper-effective use of propaganda to drive his ideology. He is what LaVar Ball tried to be, the guy that just speaks things into existence. He has an innate sense for what sound-bite to drop and how to get it to stick. It's kind of crazy to watch. He guides his acolytes like a conductor of a chaotic orchestra of mass hysteria. He really is a cult leader. If only he would start handing out Kool-aid.

A guy and his woman just walked in front of my house and the guy was wearing a hoodie that said "**** Biden"

My neighbor across the street had a trump 2020 **** your feelings flag flying above his house.

The trump effect.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You do have to give Trump credit in his flawless and hyper-effective use of propaganda to drive his ideology. He is what LaVar Ball tried to be, the guy that just speaks things into existence. He has an innate sense for what sound-bite to drop and how to get it to stick. It's kind of crazy to watch. He guides his acolytes like a conductor of a chaotic orchestra of mass hysteria. He really is a cult leader. If only he would start handing out Kool-aid.
And the propaganda networks that make Trump so powerful. Had Fox News dumped him, he never would’ve gained traction. There’s just no equivalent on the left. Even if a demagogue attempted to do his thing in the left, he wouldn’t gain traction. There’s no Fox News on the left. There’s no Sinclair Broadcasting, am talk radio, or Christian Broadcasting Network in the left. No podcast dedicated to misinformation and Trump worship, like Joe Rogan, Bannon, Shapiro like podcasts that reach millions and conditions millions for fascism. There’s no twitter or Facebook with billionaires who control the flow of information. Liberal democracy is in a real struggle with the loss of local newspapers and the surge of billionaires siding with authoritarianism to prevent needed tax increases and investments to mitigate climate change.

A guy and his woman just walked in front of my house and the guy was wearing a hoodie that said "**** Biden"

My neighbor across the street had a trump 2020 **** your feelings flag flying above his house.

The trump effect.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
I bet they’re economically anxious, not just bored trashy people wanting to get a rise out of others. Damn that Biden! He’s making their lives so hard! Trump hasn’t had a hand at all in encouraging them to act their worst… /s

A new report claims that even Republicans were disappointed with Speaker Johnson’s ultra-religious sermon during Miami’s GOP retreat. Instead of talking about the razor-thin majority, Politico claims that the House Speaker was more focused on the sermon.

Two sources confirmed that Jonhson spoke about how people who don’t have God in their lives will turn to the government for guidance. The speech reportedly fell flat, with one person telling Politico, “I’m not at church,” and adding, “The sermon was so long.”

Freedom Caucus members requested for Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas’ salary to be $0, defund abortion travel programs, defund programs for gender affirmative care, block Biden’s attempts to dismantle the border wall, and even defund Biden’s “Green New Deal.” That includes all actions related to climate change.

Freedom Caucus also requested defunding the UN, WHO, and World Economic Forum. They also asked for numerous bans, including prohibiting student loan funding, DEI, defunding Planned Parenthood, and banning COVID-19 vaccine funding.

Ex-GOP state Senator Jim Hendren blasted House Speaker, “Posting this while Ukrainians are running out of ammo, freezing, and taking heavy losses is really…. Something. Enjoy it today. History will remember it tomorrow. @SpeakerJohnson.”

journalist and minister Nathaniel Manderson shared that Johnson “wants to control and mislead people and get them to do evil things.” He added that people like the House Speaker ignore “the needs of the poor, the sick, and immigrants from foreign lands. They support Donald Trump — which should be enough evidence that the devil is real.”

• Angry
Reactions: Red

The most disturbing thing I’ve ever heard a president say did not come from Donald Trump.

It came from Joe Biden. Speaking with reporters in California on Thursday, the president said this about Donald Trump. “Two of your former colleagues not at the same network personally told me if he wins, they will have to leave the country because he’s threatened to put them in jail,” Biden told Katie Couric. “He embraces political violence,” Biden said of Trump “No president since the Civil War has done that. Embrace it. Encourages it.”

Perhaps I should have been shocked at the revelation that Trump, should he return to power, would jail reporters. I wasn’t of course. I had to fight him (and beat him) three times in court during his first administration to keep my White House press pass. I had already privately heard Trump’s threats. It was just disturbing to hear Joe Biden confirm it publicly.

While standing outside of President Biden’s appearance at a library in Culver City, California on Wednesday, I saw a protester screaming “Genocide Joe has to Go!” I approached the protester who carried a bullhorn and asked “why do you call him Genocide Joe?” It was a simple question and an obvious one to ask. Instead of answering it, the person I asked became angry and accused me of being stupid, a Zionist, a racist, a CIA operative, and several other choice invectives that caused me to chuckle. (mongoose, was that you?)

America is suffering from a disease. While we can only hope, as Einstein did, that the present crisis can lead to a better world, so far we’ve seen very little evidence of that possibility. We’ve only seen the psychic distemper brought about by excessive nationalism and the equally violent response to it.

The extremists at both end of the political spectrum are contributing to a lack of trust of the press, but make no mistake, Trump’s intentions are beyond misunderstanding. He is the catalyst and the driving force behind the disharmony. Remove him and while there may not be a cessation of the stupidity, there will be a calming of the waters.

That is why the world cannot see Trump back in the White House. He knows nothing but divisiveness. And Biden was right to point out that Trump wants to jail reporters.

Trump supporters don’t care. But I’ve eaten Texas jail food, so I do.

When Einstein fled Germany he fled the poison of nationalism and longed for a country of civil liberty and tolerance. The closest he found was here in the United States. Where is it today? More importantly, where will it be after the November general election?

Rep. Matt Gaetz, who is currently the subject of a House Ethics Committee investigation, boasted Friday about turning Congress into a “living hell” for “swamp rat” Republicans that act “like Democrats in drag” during a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference.

Gaez went on to revel in a report suggesting that his successful push to oust Kevin McCarthy from his House speakership position last October has contributed to a growing number of congressional Republicans deciding to retire early rather than seek re-election in 2024.

“You’re welcome,” he told the hard-line conservative crowd.

The Sunshine State lawmaker signaled that “the next phase of our plan” is to replace the 23 GOP lawmakers that have opted against seeking another term, which includes five committee chairs, with “‘America First’ patriots,” or members fiercely aligned with former President Donald Trump.

Translation: Bend the knee and kiss the ring, otherwise you are not a republican.

The former president has consistently cast himself as the victim of Joe Biden, even going as far as to compare himself to the man who was purportedly killed by Putin because he stood up to the leader politically.

But Trump took that even further at the CPAC event, referring to himself as a "political dissident" being persecuted by Biden's regime.

"I stand before you today not only as your past and future president, but also as a proud political dissident," he said on Saturday, adding, "I am a dissident."

This didn't go unnoticed by Trygve Olson, the author of the Lincoln Democracy Institute's research project, the "Democracy Index." He said the comment "might be the most disgusting statement of Donald Trump this week which is saying something."

"Nelson Mandela was a dissident. Alexander Navalny was a dissident. My friends who are imprisoned in Belarus are dissidents," he wrote. "You sir, are not a dissident by any stretch of the definition."

"The fact you even claiming to be insults those around the world who are (or have been) in fact being persecuted for political reasons."

Trump's "dissident" line was also highlighted by New York University professor Ruth Ben-Ghiat, an expert in authoritarians, fascism, and propaganda. She compared the comments to something Benito Mussolini might say.

"Going strong since Mussolini: the tyrant as victim," she wrote. "Now Trump is a dissident persecuted by the 'Biden regime.'"

“I got indicted for nothing. They were doing it because it's election interference. And then I got indicted a second time, a third time and a fourth time,” Mr Trump said. “And a lot of people said that that's why the Black people like me, because they have been hurt so badly and discriminated against. And they actually viewed me as I'm being discriminated against. It's been pretty amazing.”

“The mug shot, we’ve all seen the mug shot, and you know who embraced it more than anybody else? The Black population,” he said later in the speech. “It’s incredible. You see Black people walking around with my mug shot, you know?”

“These lights are so bright in my eyes that I can't see too many people out there,” the former president said. “But I can only see the Black ones. I can't see any white ones. That's how far I've come.”

“The story of Babel is the best metaphor I have found for what happened to America in the 2010s, and for the fractured country we now inhabit. Something went terribly wrong, very suddenly. We are disoriented, unable to speak the same language or recognize the same truth. We are cut off from one another and from the past.

It’s been clear for quite a while now that red America and blue America are becoming like two different countries claiming the same territory, with two different versions of the Constitution, economics, and American history. But Babel is not a story about tribalism; it’s a story about the fragmentation of everything. It’s about the shattering of all that had seemed solid, the scattering of people who had been a community. It’s a metaphor for what is happening not only between red and blue, but within the left and within the right, as well as within universities, companies, professional associations, museums, and even families.

Babel is a metaphor for what some forms of social media have done to nearly all of the groups and institutions most important to the country’s future—and to us as a people. How did this happen? And what does it portend for American life?“

The difference between republicans and democrats

The difference between republicans and democrats

according to a child who eats crayons