What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

I don't credit Biden for this but holy crap my 401k is doing good. Every time I take a look at it I'm kind of in shock. I check it every month or so and it went up like 10% of the total amount in there just in the month of March.

Pretty sweet

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

People like SteakNDregs don't care about your 401K because they live in their mom's basement and really have no idea what a 401K is for. But Trump!

Ya, that's what I thought

If Biden posted an image like that ol jazzy would go ape **** about it for a few months. Trump does it and it's all good.
Lol you're the one who just excused Bidens violence threat. I even said I though Biden the brain dead moron threatening Trump is funny. Don't put your hypocrisy that doesn't even understand how an economy works on me lol. Funny thing is... The thing you posted about the environenment above is literally part of Bidens economic plan. Read the WH page you quoted. I'm still at awe that you understand so little about basic politics.

PS... Biden is too stupid to post on social media btw... Did you see where one of his people put up a message that was supposed to be from Biden on their own account?

Last edited:
People like SteakNDregs don't care about your 401K because they live in their mom's basement and really have no idea what a 401K is for. But Trump!
Wanna post screen shots to compare 401k's(mines an IRA not a 401)) with no important info? Fish? We both know ou are lying about yours lol. Put your money where your mouth is. Fish lying about his going up dramatically not thinking other people have a 401k too. I mean, it's not terrible but not "14% in a month" blatant lie.

Last edited:
I wonder if anyone will actually post a link to BIDEN talking about violence to trump rather than just comedians, message board posters etc.
Probably not, yet some people will still claim samesies.

I'm definitely not gonna vote for Kathy Griffin or a random message board poster for president

LOLOLOL didn't think so about the 401's.. You guys are too easy to expose in your lies... my intelligence towers your pathological lying

Anyways... Fish don't even know what "beat the hell out of him" means lololololol. Fish explain in detail what "id take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him" means in addict speak please. Use your words for once. I mean you're literally crying about a tailgate.

‘If we were in high school, I’d take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him,’”
Ya, that's what I thought
No, I wish we were in high school – I could take him behind the gym. That’s what I wish,”

Last edited:
The Biden administration has done far more for America than Trump or Dubya combined. It’s a shame that the media for clicks doesn’t focus on any of the “nerdy boring” stuff. This is an incredible investment as we’re in a race against time to try to avoid the worst case scenarios of climate change.

View: https://x.com/drvolts/status/1773726816773263472?s=46

This is so dumb… far and away the largest emitter of carbon in the world is the US military. They won’t do **** about it.

10% is a different number than 14% lol

I thought Joe Biden was the president? Citizen Trump appears to have a personal Sec. of State…promoting a different foreign policy than Biden, and promising more of the same in Trump 2.0. Unbelievable….

“After an anti-corruption crusader unexpectedly won last year’s presidential election in Guatemala, democracy teetered on the edgein the Central American country. Amid law enforcement raids on election offices and threats of violence, the Biden administration worked feverishly to lay the groundwork for a peaceful transfer of power.

But not Richard Grenell, a former diplomat and intelligence official in Donald Trump’s administration, who arrived in Guatemala in January, days before the new president was to be sworn in — and threw his support behind a right-wing campaign to undermine the election.

Grenell met with a hard-line group that sued to block the inauguration. The group thanked him for his “visit and trust.” He defended Guatemalan officials who had seized ballot boxes in an effort to overturn a vote declared “free and fair” by the United States and international observers, and he attacked the U.S. State Department’s sanctions against hundreds of anti-democratic actors.

Grenell’s intervention highlights the extraordinary role he has carved out in the three years since Trump left the White House. From Central America to Eastern Europe and beyond, Grenell has been acting as a kind of shadow secretary of state, meeting with far-right leaders and movements, pledging Trump’s support and, at times, working against the current administration’s policies.

It’s unusual for a former diplomatic official to continue meeting with foreign leaders and promoting the agenda of a presidential candidate on the world stage. Grenell’s globe-trotting has sparked deep concern among career national security officials and diplomats, who warn that he emboldens bad actors and jeopardizes U.S. interests in service of Trump’s personal agenda. In the process, Grenell is openly charting a foreign policy road map for a Republican presidential nominee who has found common cause with authoritarian leaders and threatened to blow up partnerships with democratic allies”.

Last edited:
I thought Joe Biden was the president? Citizen Trump appears to have a personal Sec. of State…promoting a different foreign policy than Biden, and promising more of the same in Trump 2.0. Unbelievable….

“After an anti-corruption crusader unexpectedly won last year’s presidential election in Guatemala, democracy teetered on the edgein the Central American country. Amid law enforcement raids on election offices and threats of violence, the Biden administration worked feverishly to lay the groundwork for a peaceful transfer of power.

But not Richard Grenell, a former diplomat and intelligence official in Donald Trump’s administration, who arrived in Guatemala in January, days before the new president was to be sworn in — and threw his support behind a right-wing campaign to undermine the election.

Grenell met with a hard-line group that sued to block the inauguration. The group thanked him for his “visit and trust.” He defended Guatemalan officials who had seized ballot boxes in an effort to overturn a vote declared “free and fair” by the United States and international observers, and he attacked the U.S. State Department’s sanctions against hundreds of anti-democratic actors.

Grenell’s intervention highlights the extraordinary role he has carved out in the three years since Trump left the White House. From Central America to Eastern Europe and beyond, Grenell has been acting as a kind of shadow secretary of state, meeting with far-right leaders and movements, pledging Trump’s support and, at times, working against the current administration’s policies.

It’s unusual for a former diplomatic official to continue meeting with foreign leaders and promoting the agenda of a presidential candidate on the world stage. Grenell’s globe-trotting has sparked deep concern among career national security officials and diplomats, who warn that he emboldens bad actors and jeopardizes U.S. interests in service of Trump’s personal agenda. In the process, Grenell is openly charting a foreign policy road map for a Republican presidential nominee who has found common cause with authoritarian leaders and threatened to blow up partnerships with democratic allies”.
Wow
Trump is a power hungry Globalist who wants a new world order and hates elections when the voters get to decide.

Reactions: Red

Donald Trump’s former Secretary of Defense revealed on Friday that he will not be voting for his former boss, who announced he had fired him in a tweet.

On Friday’s episode of Real Time with Bill Maher, the host asked Mark Esper whether he would be voting for Joe Biden in the 2024 election.

“I’m definitely not voting for Trump, but I’m not there yet,” he replied. When Maher pressed him, Esper doubled-down.

“There’s no way I’ll vote for Trump, but every day that Trump does something crazy, the door to voting for Biden opens a little bit more, and that’s where I’m at,” Esper said.

Reactions: Red
I don't credit Biden for this but holy crap my 401k is doing good. Every time I take a look at it I'm kind of in shock. I check it every month or so and it went up like 10% of the total amount in there just in the month of March.

Pretty sweet

Since 2020, my investments have seen a large increase, but when taking into account inflation and the increased cost of many things (automobiles increasing even more with new tech), my non-REIT investments are not even keeping up.

Since 2020, my investments have seen a large increase, but when taking into account inflation and the increased cost of many things (automobiles increasing even more with new tech), my non-REIT investments are not even keeping up.
That's too bad.
Speaking for myself, and not even taking into account my incredible 401k growth, im doing better financially than I ever have in my entire life right now. My hourly wage has increased 10% in the last 2 years (7 percent last year and 3 percent this year.). Plus I just went to 12 hour shifts about a month ago which comes with built in overtime which amounts to about 3-400 dollar raise each month.
Should have a brand new 2024 Honda Accord hybrid for my wife in a few weeks.

I'm off work for the next 11 days as well! Life is good

It's funny because I see a lot of complaints about inflation and prices of things and gas prices but I see packed ski resorts, packed restaurants, packed airplanes, packed concerts. New car all over the road, people buying side by sides and boats. Friends in Florida and mexico on vacation all over my Facebook feed. Everyone has new phones and subscriptions to Hulu, Netflix, Disney plus, HBO max, Pandora, YouTube TV, Amazon prime, and Spotify all at the same time. (Of all of those things I only have amazon prime subscription)

Just doesn't add up. I'm thinking that if inflation and costs and gas are kicking everyone's butt then everyone should stop spending money on so many unnecessary things. Idk.

I do feel for those who are trying to buy their very first homes though. That would be rough

Last edited:
That's too bad.
Speaking for myself, and not even taking into account my incredible 401k growth, im doing better financially than I ever have in my entire life right now. My hourly wage has increased 10% in the last 2 years (7 percent last year and 3 percent this year.). Plus I just went to 12 hour shifts about a month ago which comes with built in overtime which amounts to about 3-400 dollar raise each month.
Should have a brand new 2024 Honda Accord hybrid for my wife in a few weeks.

I'm off work for the next 11 days as well! Life is good

Not to be negative, but is 5% per year in raises for two years an increase with inflation?

The starting MSRP on a Hybrid Accord has risen from $27k to $33k over two years (basically 20%+).

I raised my own rates 10% this year, but don't feel like that puts me in a lot better position financially.

The increase in food alone (both restaurant and grocery) has seemed to rise an incredible amount. I sit on the board of a chain of grocery stores, and we are doing really well despite the increases from our supplier and wage pressure, largely because eating out has become even more expensive.

Wanna post screen shots to compare 401k's(mines an IRA not a 401)) with no important info? Fish? We both know ou are lying about yours lol. Put your money where your mouth is. Fish lying about his going up dramatically not thinking other people have a 401k too. I mean, it's not terrible but not "14% in a month" blatant lie.

Do I want to see a screenshot of your mom's IRA? Sure.

Not to be negative, but is 5% per year in raises for two years an increase with inflation?

The starting MSRP on a Hybrid Accord has risen from $27k to $33k over two years (basically 20%+).

I raised my own rates 10% this year, but don't feel like that puts me in a lot better position financially.

The increase in food alone (both restaurant and grocery) has seemed to rise an incredible amount. I sit on the board of a chain of grocery stores, and we are doing really well despite the increases from our supplier and wage pressure, largely because eating out has become even more expensive.
Inflation jumped a lot over the last few years but I think now we're most likely in for much more reasonable, possibly even lowish inflation for the next several years.

Inflation jumped a lot over the last few years but I think now we're most likely in for much more reasonable, possibly even lowish inflation for the next several years.
That makes sense. The spending during COVID was insane, (started with Trump and finished by Biden, so not pointing fingers at both parties) with PPP being perhaps the worst when the majority of companies taking it not having a need. My old firm took $7MM in PPP funds and still had record income that year (excluding PPP funds).

I still expect home prices to continue increasing in the West. Eventually that bubble will burst hard.

That makes sense. The spending during COVID was insane, (started with Trump and finished by Biden, so not pointing fingers at both parties) with PPP being perhaps the worst when the majority of companies taking it not having a need. My old firm took $7MM in PPP funds and still had record income that year (excluding PPP funds).

I still expect home prices to continue increasing in the West. Eventually that bubble will burst hard.
I'm not sure the housing bubble will fully burst. There are a lot of people that want to live within a 1hr drive of their job and that number just keeps going up. The "overpriced" houses are selling and I don't see that stopping.

I'm not sure the housing bubble will fully burst. There are a lot of people that want to live within a 1hr drive of their job and that number just keeps going up. The "overpriced" houses are selling and I don't see that stopping.
The current "long-term" bubble in demand generated by millennials will slowly deflate, as baby boomers downsize their living space and age out of the housing market. Falling fertility rates mean post-millennial generations will be smaller. The birth rate has been below the death rate since 1974 IIRC.

Western states will be less impacted to an extent and a lot of people are moving to these places.

As an aside, this is one of the main reasons we keep raising the SS taxable wage amount and increasing retirement age. Not enough workers to replace the retiring boomers, and we are on the wrong end of the pyramid scheme.

As to your first question. I dont know. Just know that I have more money after paying bills when I get paid now than I did ever before. I always mostly live paycheck to paycheck my entire life but right now I'm more comfortable than at any other point in my life.

As for the Honda Accord hybrid I know what they cost. I have done a ton of research on them. We are going with the EX-L trim. Stockton 12 Honda has 4 right now for 33,500. We just have to sell my wife's 2013 accord (should get about 13,000 for it) and then we will have 30,000 for a down payment and only need to borrow 5 or 6 thousand.

The current "long-term" bubble in demand generated by millennials will slowly deflate, as baby boomers downsize their living space and age out of the housing market. Falling fertility rates mean post-millennial generations will be smaller. The birth rate has been below the death rate since 1974 IIRC.

Western states will be less impacted to an extent and a lot of people are moving to these places.

As an aside, this is one of the main reasons we keep raising the SS taxable wage amount and increasing retirement age. Not enough workers to replace the retiring boomers, and we are on the wrong end of the pyramid scheme.
They are called baby boomers for a reason.