What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

An Arizona grand jury has indicted 18 allies of Donald Trump for their efforts to subvert the 2020 election — including former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Boris Epshteyn.

The indictment, which includes felony counts of conspiracy, fraud and forgery, also describes Trump as an unindicted co-conspirator.

“Defendants and unindicted coconspirators schemed to prevent the lawful transfer of the presidency to keep Unindicted Coconspirator 1 in office against the will of Arizona’s voters,” the 58-page indictment reads.

The investigation initially appeared to be focused primarily on the false electors, in recent months it became clear that the scope of the probe was broader than previously understood and swept up prominent Trump allies at the national level.

Mayes is the fifth prosecutor to bring criminal charges over the sprawling, multi-state bid by Trump and his allies to upend the 2020 results. Special counsel Jack Smith has charged Trump with federal crimes for those efforts. Prosecutors in Georgia have charged Trump and many of his allies for their efforts to overturn the results in that state, including the fake electors plot. Prosecutors in Michigan and Nevada have also charged Republicans who posed as fake electors in those states.

Michigan prosecutors revealed Wednesday that Trump is an unindicted co-conspirator in their own investigation as well. And many of the newly charged defendants in Arizona, including Meadows, Giuliani, Eastman and Ellis, were charged in the Georgia case. Ellis pleaded guilty in Georgia and avoided jail time, while Meadows, Giuliani and Eastman have pleaded not guilty.

The charges against Bobb are notable because she was recently elevated to a senior position at the Republican National Committee focused on “election integrity.”

STOP THE STEAL!
Yup. They want to make it difficult for their targets of prosecution to get lawyers. They want lawyers to know that if they agree to be legal representation for any of these people then are at risk of being indicted as coconspirators. We the United States don't do that. We say even the worst of the worst is entitled to legal representation. That idea is so foundational that every cop has to read that right to you before arresting you.

We are living in an era where the rules are being changed.

1714070669237.jpeg

Yup. They want to make it difficult for their targets of prosecution to get lawyers. They want lawyers to know that if they agree to be legal representation for any of these people then are at risk of being indicted as coconspirators. We the United States don't do that. We say even the worst of the worst is entitled to legal representation. That idea is so foundational that every cop has to read that right to you before arresting you.

We are living in an era where the rules are being changed.

View attachment 16299
So they're charged with representing someone? Or are they charged with crimes that have been on the books for some time?

So they're charged with representing someone? Or are they charged with crimes that have been on the books for some time?
The crime is conspiracy. In the way it is being used, it could be used against any defense lawyer. If a lawyer agreed to take on a murderer as a client, consulted with the client to proceed with arguing the case, and enters a 'not guilty' plea to then go to trial, the new rules are saying that lawyer was conspiring with the murderer to evade justice.

In going after the lawyers the way that Arizona is, it is targeted at making defendants radioactive. A good lawyer could make a solid argument of the government engaging in malicious prosecution, so the government is making sure no good lawyers take the case by making a show of criminaly indicting other lawyers who tried to make arguments for these clients.

The crime is conspiracy. In the way it is being used, it could be used against any defense lawyer. If a lawyer agreed to take on a murderer as a client, consulted with the client to proceed with arguing the case, and enters a 'not guilty' plea to then go to trial, the new rules are saying that lawyer was conspiring with the murderer to evade justice.

In going after the lawyers the way that Arizona is, it is targeted at making defendants radioactive. A good lawyer could make a solid argument of the government engaging in malicious prosecution, so the government is making sure no good lawyers take the case by making a show of criminaly indicting other lawyers who tried to make arguments for these clients.
Helping a defendant evade justice is not a new crime. It is very very very very very very well established and people with law degrees and having passed the bar exam know where the line is. The prosecutor knows where the line is. The judge knows where the line is and the jury will be well informed as to where the line is.

Helping a defendant evade justice is not a new crime. It is very very very very very very well established and people with law degrees and having passed the bar exam know where the line is. The prosecutor knows where the line is. The judge knows where the line is and the jury will be well informed as to where the line is.
That doesn't mean the trial is free. Even if the juries get this right, and that is a big *IF*, each of these defendants will burn though hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Bidens America is a scary place. Kids can't even go to school anymore. I keep hearing Christianity is the issue here but they arent shutting down schools and intimidating people in the place of work.

Columbia University faces calls for tuition refunds as school moves to hybrid classes for rest of term in wake of anti-Israel protests​

I'm more than willing to debate you but you have to start using words. This vague article stuff is not doing anything. I'm making a concentrated effort to do my part to clean this place up but just posting cartoons is not honest discourse and adds nothing.
You obviously did not read the article. CSotD contains more than cartoons.

I remember warning my wife when The Rapist was elected that he would become a grave threat to democracy. Well...
...he was elected and then we had another election in 2018, and another election in 2020, and another election in 2022, and we're gearing up for another election this year. I'd say your Chicken Little bona fides are solidly established. Let me guess, you're saying it is the end of democracy again?

I hope the government learned their lesson. The solution isn't soldiers. The response should be to set up a government entity with a name like 'Religious Hate Crime Abatement' and empower them with enforcing prohibitions against urban camping. RCHA agents would then go in to the encampments and write tickets, take these protesters to court, get judgements against them for urban camping without a permit, and report the judgement to their credit records. It is now routine for employers to pull credit reports on applicants, and for the next 10 years all of these protestors would have 'Religious Hate Crime Abatement' on their credit records. which could help inform hiring and lending decisions.

...he was elected and then we had another election in 2018, and another election in 2020, and another election in 2022, and we're gearing up for another election this year. I'd say your Chicken Little bona fides are solidly established. Let me guess, you're saying it is the end of democracy again?

Yeah, so Chicken Little. You're saying Trump's goal isn't to become a dictator? Let me guess, you think Jan 6 was just a peaceful protest, that state electors were not really trying to throw the election and the vitriol coming from your side in an effort to pit Americans against each other is just about making America great again.

Last edited:
Your saying Trump's goal isn't to become a dictator?
Yup. I'm saying that even if Trump wins this election, which he won't but for the sake of argument we'll say he does, then he'll become President for a four year term and then someone will replace him after that. I believe your streak of being wrong about the 2018 elections not happening, and 2020 elections not happening, and 2022 elections not happening, and the 2024 elections not happening will continue go unbroken. Maybe go touch some grass.

Yup. I'm saying that even if Trump wins this election, which he won't but for the sake of argument we'll say he does, then he'll become President for a four year term and then someone will replace him after that. I believe your streak of being wrong about the 2018 elections not happening, and 2020 elections not happening, and 2022 elections not happening, and the 2024 elections not happening will continue go unbroken. Maybe go touch some grass.
He might not be successful in overthrowing the U.S. government, but it won't be for lack of trying. But who knows? Maybe he'll get lucky and our country will be destroyed.

He already tried to end democracy, troll.