What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Apparently Joe Biden's stutter resulted in the video feed being cut just as he was about to field questions on a teleconference yesterday

Apparently Joe Biden's stutter resulted in the video feed being cut just as he was about to field questions on a teleconference yesterday
That's a powerful stutter. So powerful that it shuts down technology.

We should use his stutter against our enemies in technological warfare

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

That's a powerful stutter. So powerful that it shuts down technology.

We should use his stutter against our enemies in technological warfare

As I've heard by some accounts, Generals always have to go to war with the army they have, not the one they want.

But we should stay on task looking for weapons of unbeatable power, like the Greatest Stutter.

Nor should we overlook the constructive use of Trump and the Trumpers. If China does not just submit, we could dump them all over China.

Some anti-Mormons once threatened Brigham Young, saying all the Mormons would go to Hell. Brigham replied with a sort of even-keeled nonchalance, saying if that ever proves true, the Mormons would irrigate Hell and turn it into the Garden of Eden, and kick the Devil out.

As I've heard by some accounts, Generals always have to go to war with the army they have, not the one they want.

But we should stay on task looking for weapons of unbeatable power, like the Greatest Stutter.

Nor should we overlook the constructive use of Trump and the Trumpers. If China does not just submit, we could dump them all over China.

Some anti-Mormons once threatened Brigham Young, saying all the Mormons would go to Hell. Brigham replied with a sort of even-keeled nonchalance, saying if that ever proves true, the Mormons would irrigate Hell and turn it into the Garden of Eden, and kick the Devil out.
Helluva post babe. Very well done

I've enjoyed not having a president antagonize people on the daily.

I've enjoyed attempts to govern the country and help people out. Covid-19 relief is on its way. I like a president who tries to model good responsible behavior. Refusing to wear a mask as a sign of masochism has got to be one of the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life.

I'd like to see the filibuster blown and voting rights and police reform passed. We all know Republicans in the Senate will filibuster both of these bills despite being overwhelmingly popular.

Most of America gets it:

Did the previous guy ever have numbers like these? I'm not tired from all of this winning!

One criticism I have is the Biden's administration's reaction to Saudi Arabia. I feel like we are squandering leverage on them. We don't need them to defend against Iran, they need us to help defend them against Iran. So instead of letting Saudi Arabia dictate to us, we should be dictating to them. By focusing on human rights and not necessarily on sanctions, we could really help set ourselves apart from other illiberal democracies/mafia state countries while also really making a difference to people around the world. This article sums up my feelings pretty well:
The United States must begin using its tremendous leverage with Saudi Arabia to secure the release of prisoners of conscience and the lifting of travel bans. It should then monitor closely if MBS arrests any newly released prisoners, especially if they dare take to Twitter (or Clubhouse, which is rapidly gaining ground) to express themselves freely.

Jamal gave his life for our right to free speech. For his sake, we must keep freedom of expression at the top of the agenda. A good future that honors his vision isn’t one where MBS is sanctioned but still oppressive. A good future is one where MBS is internally checked by free Saudis who are able to demand accountability from their government. To aim for anything less is to betray Jamal and his legacy.
Who the hell will stand up for human rights if we don't? China, Russia, and Saudi Arabia certainly don't give a damn.

Whatever happened to Biden and the Democrats promises to get a full stimulus bill passed without delay? People need this money right now and can't wait, remember? Theyve had full control for how long and can't pass something that's been sitting around on their desks for a year?

I'm tired of congress making war on the people with their constant need for a crisis to fight over. Inept.

Mine was 3.65 in '85. Cleaning the meat department in a now-defunct grocery store. I was very happy with that as it was like a quarter more than minumum I think. But hated the job, with a passion.
One of my first jobs was cleaning a small meat processing plant in Hyde Park, UT. Don't even remember how much I made but like you, I hated it. Worst job I ever had. Mopping up gallons of blood in the cooler, cleaning congealed fat off of every surface in the place, the smell of the place... oof!

Well, $1.9T bill passed. Like it or hate it, more checks are on the way.

Amazing how large the two Georgia senate wins are going to loom the next two years. They might have stayed R had the previous administration not alienated the moderate GA voters.

But elections have consequences...

Amazing how large the two Georgia senate wins are going to loom the next two years. They might have stayed R had the previous administration not alienated the moderate GA voters.

Sweet! My stimulus is going to pay off my daughter's medical bills and also pay for my wife, daughter, and I to fly to hawaii!!!
Im in my 40's and have never been to hawaii and it's been the #2 destination on my bucket list (New Zealand is #1) for my whole life. I'm so excited!

Sweet! My stimulus is going to pay off my daughter's medical bills and also pay for my wife, daughter, and I to fly to hawaii!!!
Im in my 40's and have never been to hawaii and it's been the #2 destination on my bucket list (New Zealand is #1) for my whole life. I'm so excited!

Nice!

I want to go over spring break but I'm too nervous about passing the covid test within 72 hrs prior. My luck one of us will finally contract it.

Also 40, never been.

Nice!

I want to go over spring break but I'm too nervous about passing the covid test within 72 hrs prior. My luck one of us will finally contract it.

Also 40, never been.
Ya that covid test part of it is stressful.
I'm hoping that by the time I go (late June) so many people will be vaccinated and the warmer weather will cause the numbers to go way down and their policy will change.
If not them I'm going to hard core quarantine as much as I can 14 days in advance as well as extra hand washing etc to pass the damn test

helicoptermoney.jpg

I would put good money on Utah opening up vaccines to everyone by early to mid April.

I honestly feel like once they got the very most high risk they should have ended restrictions on who could get it while putting an emphasis on reaching out to the more vulnerable and providing special access to people with comorbidities. I think this zealous mindset of ONLY giving vaccines to the currently most vulnerable people contributes to inefficiency and waste.

Ya that covid test part of it is stressful.
I'm hoping that by the time I go (late June) so many people will be vaccinated and the warmer weather will cause the numbers to go way down and their policy will change.
If not them I'm going to hard core quarantine as much as I can 14 days in advance as well as extra hand washing etc to pass the damn test

That's my plan too, although it may not be Hawaii.

Hey, the expanded child tax credit also passed and kiplingers says 50% up front. It's an extra $1600 for kids under 6, $1000 over 6 up to 17.

That's awesome. I'm 50 and have never been to Hawaii. Have fun!

That's my plan too, although it may not be Hawaii.

Hey, the expanded child tax credit also passed and kiplingers says 50% up front. It's an extra $1600 for kids under 6, $1000 over 6 up to 17.
Not fair. My kids are all over 17, but 3 still live at home. I should get something for the trouble.

What island? Go to Maui or Kauai, not Oahu.