What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Biden’s comments on committing the U.S. military to Gaza were “I’m directing the U.S. military to lead an emergency mission to establish a temporary pier in the Mediterranean on the Gaza coast that can receive large ships carrying food, water, medicine and temporary shelters.”

One does not construct a pier by waving a magic wand in the air while reciting “piero appearo”.
So then tell us that Biden is lying. Don't be a ****ing liar yourself by saying that Biden specifically committed to putting U.S. boots on the ground. You're being intentionally dishonest.

Damn Al, rough go.

So then tell us that Biden is lying. Don't be a ****ing liar yourself by saying that Biden specifically committed to putting U.S. boots on the ground. You're being intentionally dishonest.
I don't think Biden is lying when he committed the U.S. military to establish a pier in Gaza.

I don't think Biden is lying when he committed the U.S. military to establish a pier in Gaza.

That sounds a lot different than

I'm concerned that "He committed to putting American boots on the ground in Gaza"

That sounds like troops being put in place to engage in warfare.

Weird to be concerned with a pier being built to provide aid.

That speech from a bumbling old man really got you shook lol.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

A bald-faced lie. Biden abandoned the process SCOTUS ruled against.
LOL. Okay, the executive order waiving student loans has a different executive order number. Biden didn't have the power to do what he did. Prior to doing it, both Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer made speeches with the claim Biden didn't have the power to do it, and then he did it anyway and the Supreme Court affirmed the Pelosi/Schumer opinion that Biden didn't have the power to do it. So Biden made a new executive order and did it anyway.

LOL. Okay, the executive order waiving student loans has a different executive order number. Biden didn't have the power to do what he did. Prior to doing it, both Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer made speeches with the claim Biden didn't have the power to do it, and then he did it anyway and the Supreme Court affirmed the Pelosi/Schumer opinion that Biden didn't have the power to do it. So Biden made a new executive order and did it anyway.
Biden has actually issued several small changes, worth a decent amount, but not close to scale of the program that as overturned.

Damn Al, rough go.
Hey trolls can't hit all the time. To effectively troll they have to take risks of being exposed as trolls. They accept it's part of the game. Next play is ignoring the gaffs completely and doubling down on whatever drew the most outraged responses.

are there any American politicians at all who aren't just ****ing weird and or liars ?? That Republican woman who gave the reply was one of the most cringey things i've ever seen. Yeah let's put a woman in the kitchen to give the reply lol and speak like an absolute moron like she was auditioning for talking to kinder aged children. The fake affect was even more nauseating than Joe's cranky old man shouting at the sky trick

are there any American politicians at all who aren't just ****ing weird and or liars ?? That Republican woman who gave the reply was one of the most cringey things i've ever seen. Yeah let's put a woman in the kitchen to give the reply lol and speak like an absolute moron like she was auditioning for talking to kinder aged children. The fake affect was even more nauseating than Joe's cranky old man shouting at the sky trick
I love me some Pete Buttigieg

I love me some Pete Buttigieg

Hm. He’s gay. That makes him unelectable to 30-40 percent of the country.

I like him too. But republicans have already signaled that they’re coming after gay marriage when they return to power.

This part of his speech was nice:

“My lifetime has taught me to embrace freedom and democracy,” Biden said. “A future based on the core values that have defined America: honesty, decency, dignity, equality. To respect everyone. To give everyone a fair shot. To give hate no safe harbor.”
“Now some other people my age see a different story,” the president continued. “An American story of resentment, revenge and retribution. That's not me.”
He’s a normal human being. Which is why most of the country will vote for him this November. Trump is the candidate for greedy billionaires, cultists, racists, religious nutjobs, misogynists,Insurrectionists, and weirdos. It’s why a few people on here who are obsessed with him hate him so much. Deep down inside, he reminds them of the humanity they once had but have now sold off in order to worship Trump and defend all of his nonsense.

No there are not. Unfortunately @TroutBum was our last great hope.

He’s a normal human being. Which is why most of the country will vote for him this November. Trump is the candidate for greedy billionaires, cultists, racists, religious nutjobs, misogynists,Insurrectionists, and weirdos. It’s why a few people on here who are obsessed with him hate him so much. Deep down inside, he reminds them of the humanity they once had but have now sold off in order to worship Trump and defend all of his nonsense.
There is a sizable chunk that isn't so easily pigeon-holed into groups of hateful rhetoric that romanticize the era ensconced in old 50's sit-coms and movies when women and men and minorities had their places and stayed there. Those are the silent majority that willed him to a win specifically to fight against your oversimplification of the electorate and show that they wouldn't be put off by hateful labels. Again, Anthony Bourdain struck awful close to home when he identified the part of that party that the elite leftists so easily dismissed as rubes and yokels who just felt like they wanted better opportunities for their kids without having their cherished beliefs trampled in the process. Many of them don't support the stop the steal rhetoric and still legitimately feel like their way of life is under attack. So the Donald gave them the hero they felt they needed, even if it isn't the one they wanted, and definitely not the one anyone needs. And the fact that both sides operate exclusively on hateful labels shows really how severely divided we are. And how long exactly can a house divided remain standing, especially when everyone is too busy patting themselves and their buddies on the back to be able to have a hand free to reach across the aisle. Seems like we've all given up on that. I imagine the fall can't be too far off. I find it all very sad really. No one cares about uniting anymore, just pwning, to use the throwback term. We've become an entire nation of entitled keyboard warriors. It's sad and sickening really. And supremely shameful that anyone would gloat the way everyone seems to do anymore.

There is a sizable chunk that isn't so easily pigeon-holed into groups of hateful rhetoric that romanticize the era ensconced in old 50's sit-coms and movies when women and men and minorities had their places and stayed there. Those are the silent majority that willed him to a win specifically to fight against your oversimplification of the electorate and show that they wouldn't be put off by hateful labels. Again, Anthony Bourdain struck awful close to home when he identified the part of that party that the elite leftists so easily dismissed as rubes and yokels who just felt like they wanted better opportunities for their kids without having their cherished beliefs trampled in the process. Many of them don't support the stop the steal rhetoric and still legitimately feel like their way of life is under attack. So the Donald gave them the hero they felt they needed, even if it isn't the one they wanted, and definitely not the one anyone needs. And the fact that both sides operate exclusively on hateful labels shows really how severely divided we are. And how long exactly can a house divided remain standing, especially when everyone is too busy patting themselves and their buddies on the back to be able to have a hand free to reach across the aisle. Seems like we've all given up on that. I imagine the fall can't be too far off. I find it all very sad really. No one cares about uniting anymore, just pwning, to use the throwback term. We've become an entire nation of entitled keyboard warriors. It's sad and sickening really. And supremely shameful that anyone would gloat the way everyone seems to do anymore.
If they still support Trump then they’re either dumber than rocks or suffer from some severe character flaws.

We’re living in one of the best economies we’ve seen in 50 years.
We’ve seen crime continue its 30 year decline.
We’re living in one of the most peaceful times in American history.
Those folks “worried about their children” spend hours staring at a handheld computer, something their parents couldn’t have even dreamed up. We have conveniences today that just a generation or two would’ve considered luxuries.

This whole schtick of America in decline is so tired and lacking in evidence. I get that you’re describing a real segment of the population that “feels” a certain way. But it’s not a valid defense of these morons. Being stupid, naive, or suffering from severe character flaws that one is looking to set American democracy aflame because they’re bored or feel cheated isn’t a valid defense in my view.

The 1950s economy is available to these people. Sure, they may have to roll with a 15 inch tv with bunny ears and 3 channels. One family car with an am radio and a top speed of 80 mph. No ac in the house or internet or handheld computers. ****** jobs in manufacturing, mining, and meat production are still available. It’s just that white people usually don’t like those jobs. Hence, why their parents and grandparents worked hard so their kids wouldn’t work those jobs (immigrants that they demonize do this work). Of course, telling people that America is awesome and that they’re living in a great time won’t generate clicks for algorithms on social media. So they’re told that America sucks, life was better in some Ill-defined past, and they must set fire to American democracy without doing any reading or research to learn about how government works or what the past was really like. We live in a country of childish narcissists who seek meaning through conflict rather than finding meaning and satisfaction through the peace and prosperity that 2024 america offers. Peace and prosperity that is unparalleled in human history.

Last edited:
If they still support Trump then they’re either dumber than rocks or suffer from some character flaws.

We’re living in one of the best economies we’ve seen in 50 years.
We’ve seen crime continue its 30 year decline.
We’re living in one of the most peaceful times in American history.
Those folks “worried about their children” spend hours staring at a handheld computer, something their parents couldn’t have even dreamed up. We have conveniences today that just a generation or two would’ve considered luxuries.

This whole schtick of America in decline is so tired and lacking in evidence. I get that you’re describing a real segment of the population that “feels” a certain way. But it’s not a valid defense of these morons. Being stupid, naive, or suffering from severe character flaws that one is looking to set American democracy aflame because they’re bored or feel cheated isn’t a valid defense in my view.

The 1950s economy is available to these people. Sure, they may have to roll with a 15 inch tv with bunny ears and 3 channels. One family car with an am radio and a top speed of 80 mph. No ac in the house or internet or handheld computers. ****** jobs in manufacturing, mining, and meat production are still available. It’s just that white people usually don’t like those jobs. Hence, why their parents and grandparents worked hard so their kids wouldn’t work those jobs. Of course, telling people that America is awesome and that they’re living in a great time won’t generate clicks for algorithms on social media. So they’re told that America sucks, life was better in some Ill-defined past, and they must set fire to American democracy without doing any reading or research to learn about how government works or what the past was really like. We live in a country of childish narcissists who seek meaning through conflict.
See that's what they are railing against. Since they don't believe the way you do they aren't entitled to their "feelings" unless they are approved. And it also shows you make no effort to get to know the electorate beyond your chosen dogmas. And that's the problem. We live in a world of sound-bites and echo chambers. No effort need be made to understand another actual real human being as long as they can simply be dismissed as less than actually human since their opinions aren't "correct".