What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Speaking of faking things for affect.

Alabama Sen. Katie Britt graphically described a woman’s story of being “sex trafficked by the cartels starting at age 12,” during the Republican response to the State of the Union address on Thursday, using the story as an anecdote of, what she called, President Joe Biden’s failed immigration policies. But the story she seemed to describe didn’t take place during Biden’s time as president or vice president, nor did it happen in the United States.

absolute trainwreck

He keeps calling you a troll and loves to point out everytime your were off on something and tries to rub it in. ... What he believes is correct and if anyone else has an opposing view they are morally wrong and should be shunned. Oh and if your have ONE, just ONE right sided view, you're automatically lumped into "Maga". You're fiscally conservative and socially liberal, nope you're a Maga troll, shun. ... Thriller will just lump them all together call them all Maga, including 14% of Democrat parents.
The Thriller is a case study in defensive projection. The Thriller mentally draws Hitler mustaches on everyone to kid himself but he’s talking at a part of himself that he’s projected on you, me, or whomever. He's got some unresolved stuff in his head but he's better than he used to be. At one point the projective mechanism was so strong he genuinely believed there was a single bogeyman and there was no everyone, only sock-puppets the bogeyman made to trick him.

PunchNazi_1.gif
PunchNazi_2.gif

So you're saying all the illegal immigrants do not have jobs in the countries they are from?
There might be the occasional Chinese spy who is still on the payroll of the CCP, but for the most part they are all unemployed at the time of crossing the border.

If they don't, what skill do they bring with them over the border? Or what % of these illegal immigrants have advanced education? Bringing skills that are needed in America at this time?
The percentages are difficult or impossible to measure, but the composition of border crossers isn’t what it used to be, and many do have marketable skill sets. As for advanced education, the truth being exposed is that most jobs in our economy don’t require advanced education. Many American kids saddled with six-figures of college debt could have probably have been trained to do the job they’ll end up doing without ever having gone to college.

Illegal immigration is putting financial pressure on low to moderate income levels. This is where cracks in the economy are starting to appear.

Lets take a look at what is happening for lower income level earners:

Low- and Moderate-Income Households Cut Back on Necessities​

When confronted with less purchasing power, individuals relied on different responses to cope. Based on the Household Pulse Survey results in June 2023, a majority of individuals across all household income groups used three strategies:

• Shopped at stores that offered lower prices, looked for sales and/or used coupons
  • Ate at restaurants or ordered food for delivery less often
  • Delayed major purchases
Beyond those common or shared tactics, there were more nuanced findings based on household income. As a combined group, low- and moderate-income individuals more frequently used the following tactics (in order of prevalence):

• Switched from name-brand products to generic options
  • Contributed less to savings and/or retirement accounts
  • Drove less or changed modes of transportation (e.g., biked or took public transportation instead of driving)
  • Delayed medical treatment (e.g., refilling prescriptions, having surgery)
  • Increased use of credit cards, loans and/or pawnshops
  • Worked additional job(s)/shift(s) to supplement income
Some coping strategies were used significantly more by (but were not limited to) individuals with lower household incomes:

• Purchased less meat and/or fresh produce
  • Decreased use of utilities (e.g., cooling, heating, water, electricity)
  • Asked friends and/or family for help
  • Utilized benefits from charities
Less consumption or Debt is the only option.

"But for the rest of America, things are looking rough.

“You have these noticeable pockets of consumers -- mostly middle- and lower-income renters who have not benefitted from the wealth effect of higher housing prices and stock prices -- who are feeling financial stress and that’s driving up these delinquency levels. They’ve been hit very hard by inflation,” said Warren Kornfeld, a senior vice president at Moody’s, in an interview.

Kornfeld, who co-wrote a report last week looking at the climbing levels of delinquencies, expects them to keep climbing this year."

Again the people who make 100k+ are seeing some stress but not at the levels of lower earners.

Illegal immigration is hurting this these Americans the hardest. Taking away opportunities for wage increase is a huge factor. Housing is another huge issue. Lets look at rents in the USA last year.

"Rent prices are now 29.4% higher than they were before the pandemic, but rental growth seems to have slowed from the major spikes of 2021. In January, rents are 3.4% higher than at the same time last year."
"More income is required to rent. A person needed to make $78,304 a year to afford rent in January — paying about 30% of income. That’s an increase of 29% since before the pandemic."

63% of American Households are in the low to moderate wage earners. And 50% of American households do not make $78,304 to afford rent.

I do care about Americans who are really struggling and how policies should go to benefit Americans as priority One. We do not have unlimited resources for the whole world to have and use for their problems.
I agree that inflation is a problem.

“While the president exceeded expectations for some, his approval rating on key issues remains unchanged, as the majority disapprove of his handling of the economy, crime, and the Israel/Hamas war, among others. Looking back at former President Donald Trump’s tenure, his approval ratings on many of the same issues are slightly better than Biden. Yet, neither man holds an edge on the question of who the public would trust to do a better job as president”.

Of course.

From the comments section:

Just one more reason moderates have abandoned the Republican party.

Well, at least it's not their wives this weekend...

family values crowd

Yep, that's the MAGA GOP I know and am ashamed of.

Fine examples for their children.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

This is such a turn off for normal people. I think this upcoming election is going to be determined by people tired of the vulgar, corrupt, accomplish nothing, freak shows of the GOP. The majority want normal and boring people and politics. Keep the WWE stuff on tv. It’s why the goo is hemorrhaging voters.

“WASHINGTON — Special counsel Robert Hur’s bombshell report on President Joe Biden’s handling of classified documents concluded that he presented as an “elderly man with a poor memory” who was unable to remember key dates, including when he served as vice president and the year his son died.

Biden, for his part, has lambasted Hur for bringing up the topic of Beau Biden’s death, and his lawyers have criticized the report.

But the transcript of Biden’s interview, which was reviewed by NBC News, paints a more nuanced picture on both sides”.

“WASHINGTON — Special counsel Robert Hur’s bombshell report on President Joe Biden’s handling of classified documents concluded that he presented as an “elderly man with a poor memory” who was unable to remember key dates, including when he served as vice president and the year his son died.

Biden, for his part, has lambasted Hur for bringing up the topic of Beau Biden’s death, and his lawyers have criticized the report.

But the transcript of Biden’s interview, which was reviewed by NBC News, paints a more nuanced picture on both sides”.
I'm thinking no, it doesn't paint a nuanced picture. If it painted a nuanced picture then we'd have the transcript. NBC News had a copy and didn't publish it.

But the transcript of Biden’s interview, which was reviewed by NBC News ...

One thing I have heard is the angry complaint over Hur bringing up the death of Biden's son was that it wasn't Hur who brought it up, it was Joe Biden himself who brought up Beau's death. The lack of a transcript makes it possible for the Biden team to lie about it.

It looks like the rumors were true. It was Joe Biden who initiated the discussion of the death of his son, not Special Council Hur. The whole outrage afterwards was fake.
Yup Dementia Joe according to transcripts was the one who brought up his son and literally doesn't even remember how he died. Hur even hinted that Joe is in fact guilty but like his cult followers he's incapable of basic understanding common sense. He literally fabricated the entire story that Hur brought up Hunter when it was him. We have a president in charge that is literally too stupid too stand trial... According to his OWN DoJ.

Of course.

From the comments section:

Just one more reason moderates have abandoned the Republican party.

Well, at least it's not their wives this weekend...

family values crowd

Yep, that's the MAGA GOP I know and am ashamed of.

Fine examples for their children.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
^^^^This hypocrite has called his fellow Americans he doesn't even know cultist for 6+ years. Every day of his life basically. Friends, family, co-workers, innocent people for simply voting different and thinking different than him, nothing more, hate because they didn't vote like him....hate...bullying, mean... Fine example is right fish. It's ok for fish and his fellow Democrats to demean and bully others for how they vote but then you get angry when someone hits a f* punching bag lol. If you want to talk about being divisive for 6+ years maybe look at yourself before you point at people punching a punching bag. My goodness. The hypocrisy is something else.

PS... Wasn't it your President that literally threatened to beat up Trump? Where were you then Fish? Calling others cultist? Yeah. Again your hypocrisy is everything you stand for basically.

Last edited:
It looks like the rumors were true. It was Joe Biden who initiated the discussion of the death of his son, not Special Council Hur. The whole outrage afterwards was fake.
https://www.justice.gov/storage/report-from-special-counsel-robert-k-hur-february-2024.pdf , sheet 212/page 208:
He did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died.
The transcript revealed that this was a lie by Hur, one that made headlines. If someone announced in headlines you could name the year of your son's birth within five years, you'd be pretty upset.

According to his OWN DoJ.
According to a far-right Republican Garland appointed to quell doubts about the investigation.

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report-from-special-counsel-robert-k-hur-february-2024.pdf , sheet 212/page 208:

The transcript revealed that this was a lie by Hur, one that made headlines. If someone announced in headlines you could name the year of your son's birth within five years, you'd be pretty upset.

According to a far-right Republican Garland appointed to quell doubts about the investigation.
What authority did Biden have to have those illegal documents?

Why did Biden lie about Hur bringing up his son when it was Biden who brought him up?

If Biden didn't know about the Documents why did he give these documents to his ghost writer who had no clearance just like Biden? You know the guy writing Bidens book that had highly classified information given to him so Biden can sell books?

No it didn't. You're blatantly lying again. It says no such thing you literally fabricated your lie out of thin air as you do every post you ever make. Nowhere does it say Hur initiated the conversation, it's just pointing out the conversation he had. It does say that the illegal documents were next to f* dog bed in a broken box in an unsecured garage on that page though. Thanks for the link.

MR. HUR: So during this time when you were living at Chain Bridge Road and there were documents relating to the Penn Biden Center, or the Biden Institute, or the Cancer Moonshot, or your book, where did you keep papers that related to those things that you were actively working on?

PRESIDENT BIDEN: Well, um .. . I , I, I, I, I don’ t know. This is, what, 2017, 2018, that area?

MR. HUR: Yes, sir.

PRESIDENT BIDEN: Remember, in this timeframe, my son is either been deployed or is dying, and, and so it was and by the way, there were still a lot of people at the time when I got out of the Senate that were encouraging me to run in this period, except the President. I’m not — and not a mean thing to say. He just thought that she had a better shot of winning the presidency than I did. And so I hadn’t, I hadn’t, at this point — even though I’m at Penn, I hadn’t walked away from the idea that I may run for office again. But if I ran again, I’d be running for President. And, and so what was happening, though – what month did Beau die? Oh, God, May 30th –

Last edited: