What's new

The Boozer S&T Primer

The Favors Dream is a one in a million shot, but it's fun to think about. For it to happen, Lebron basically has to pick Jersey and both Stoudemire and Bosh need to sign elsewhere. Then he needs to pick Booze as his first running mate. My feeling is they don't just give up Favors for Booze unless the Jazz sweeten the offer considerably. Possibilities:

1. The Jazz take on Harris. (And this might have to expand to Harris AND Humphries.) Harris isn't an ideal Lebron PG, but he has value. Wipe him (and/or Humphries) off the books and the Nets suddenly have a lot more coin in free agency. Additionally, they hit next year's FA market with real money to spend. Flip side, the Jazz then take on anywhere from 11 to 14 million in new salary. The good news is Harris could likely be shopped for Cap Space. Anyway, major reach but not totally out of the realm of possibility.

2. The Jazz take on Humphries, Boone, Ross, and Dooling. That's roughly 8 million in salary. It's also not enough to convince NJ to ship Favors, so we probably have to throw in Tomic. Maybe even a first.

I don't think either of these possibilities are realistic at all, and they both wind up making Favors cost a fortune when all ancillary costs are added in, but I'd love to develop that kid from the ground up.