What's new

The Candidacy of Ron DeSantis

I’m actually gonna enjoy this. Now that he’s got Ron on all 4s he’s going to murder Nikki. You know eventually he’s going to blame 9/11 on her and her foreign sounding name. And the cult will lap it up. And after he’s finished with her and he tosses her aside like the dried out husk that she is, she’ll endorse him. Give it one month and she’ll endorse him cuz Biden is just “too bad.”

View: https://x.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1749260122373656639?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

I’m actually gonna enjoy this. Now that he’s got Ron on all 4s he’s going to murder Nikki. You know eventually he’s going to blame 9/11 on her and her foreign sounding name. And the cult will lap it up. And after he’s finished with her and he tosses her aside like the dried out husk that she is, she’ll endorse him. Give it one month and she’ll endorse him cuz Biden is just “too bad.”
Possibly, but these two wings of the Republican party despise each other.

“Cindy and I will not vote for Donald Trump. I have never voted for a Democratic presidential candidate and we will not vote for Hillary Clinton. We will write in the name of some good conservative Republican who is qualified to be president.”
--John McCain in 2016

As for the foreign sounding name, I think you are way off base. The rumor right now is that the VP list consists of two people with Vivek Ramaswamy being the leader. That dig on Nikki's name isn't about being foreign but about being phony, and there are a ton of examples of her being phony.

If Viveki is the VP pick, I would love to see a VP debate between him and Kamala. If he's proven one thing, he is not afraid to hit girls on a debate stage, even ones who hide behind being people of color. He is quick witted, knowledgeable on policy, and has a skill at public speaking that Kamala cannot match even if they give her a shot of whatever they're giving Biden to make the senility fade for 90 minutes. I suspect that if Vivek is the VP pick, there will be no VP debate. They will hide Kamala just like they are going to hide Biden.

Possibly, but these two wings of the Republican party despise each other.

“Cindy and I will not vote for Donald Trump. I have never voted for a Democratic presidential candidate and we will not vote for Hillary Clinton. We will write in the name of some good conservative Republican who is qualified to be president.”
--John McCain in 2016

As for the foreign sounding name, I think you are way off base. The rumor right now is that the VP list consists of two people with Vivek Ramaswamy being the leader. That dig on Nikki's name isn't about being foreign but about being phony, and there are a ton of examples of her being phony.

If Viveki is the VP pick, I would love to see a VP debate between him and Kamala. If he's proven one thing, he is not afraid to hit girls on a debate stage, even ones who hide behind being people of color. He is quick witted, knowledgeable on policy, and has a skill at public speaking that Kamala cannot match even if they give her a shot of whatever they're giving Biden to make the senility fade for 90 minutes. I suspect that if Vivek is the VP pick, there will be no VP debate. They will hide Kamala just like they are going to hide Biden.
Trump isn’t going to select someone with a personality or who has the potential to outshine him. Vivek doesn’t add anyone to Trump’s vote total who isnt already going to vote for him. He turns everyone else who isn’t already deep into the weird blogs and websites that you frequent, off.

He’s going to appoint a hood ornament, like Tim Scott, Elise Stefanick, or Nancy Mace; someone who will look good on tv, appear normal, and help him overturn elections. Trump needs someone who will appear inoffensive, educated, and normal. Honestly, my guess would be Nancy Mace. She’s attractive, can potentially move suburban women, and will do anything daddy commands.

Trump isn’t going to select someone with a personality or who has the potential to outshine him. Vivek doesn’t add anyone to Trump’s vote total who isnt already going to vote for him. He turns everyone else who isn’t already deep into the weird blogs and websites that you frequent, off.

He’s going to appoint a hood ornament, like Tim Scott, Elise Stefanick, or Nancy Mace; someone who will look good on tv, appear normal, and help him overturn elections. Trump needs someone who will appear inoffensive, educated, and normal. Honestly, my guess would be Nancy Mace. She’s attractive, can potentially move suburban women, and will do anything daddy commands.
Good post. While I agree with much of what you’ve written here, I do disagree that Vivek doesn’t add anyone. He adds young males and he’s brutally effective against the race-baiters. Trump's voter base skews older, whiter, and male. Vivek got 8% of the vote in Iowa with Trump on the ticket. He is appealing to someone that Trump doesn't currently have.

Elise Stafanick is the other one rumored to be on the short list of VP candidates, but putting a woman on the Trump ticket is a waste. It doesn’t matter what Trump does, women are not going to show up for him. Trump trying to pander to women voters would be as dumb as Disney making Marvel and Star Wars into female-centric brands.

Good post. While I agree with much of what you’ve written here, I do disagree that Vivek doesn’t add anyone. He adds young males and he’s brutally effective against the race-baiters. Trump's voter base skews older, whiter, and male. Vivek got 8% of the vote in Iowa with Trump on the ticket. He is appealing to someone that Trump doesn't currently have.

Elise Stafanick is the other one rumored to be on the short list of VP candidates, but putting a woman on the Trump ticket is a waste. It doesn’t matter what Trump does, women are not going to show up for him. Trump trying to pander to women voters would be as dumb as Disney making Marvel and Star Wars into female-centric brands.
Many women voted for him in the Iowa caucus. Exit polls showed 53% of women voted for him and only 49% of men.

I was actually quite surprised by this.

Many women voted for him in the Iowa caucus. Exit polls showed 53% of women voted for him and only 49% of men.

I was actually quite surprised by this.
It is not just Trump, but Republicans more broadly that women won't show up for. It is true that of the women who showed up to vote Republican, a higher percentage voted for Trump as compared to the men who showed up to vote Republican. That doesn't mean Trump got more votes from women than he got from men because the total number of men was much higher than the total number of women, because women don't show up for Republicans.

That said, if you look at the age demographic internals, what Vivek brings to the campaign is glaring. In the 18-29 cohort, 22% voted for Trump and 21% voted for Ramaswamy. Trump already has the oldsters locked up, but having a vibrant, charismatic hitman as your #2 isn't a bad thing.

It is not just Trump, but Republicans more broadly that women won't show up for. It is true that of the women who showed up to vote Republican, a higher percentage voted for Trump as compared to the men who showed up to vote Republican. That doesn't mean Trump got more votes from women than he got from men because the total number of men was much higher than the total number of women, because women don't show up for Republicans.

That said, if you look at the age demographic internals, what Vivek brings to the campaign is glaring. In the 18-29 cohort, 22% voted for Trump and 21% voted for Ramaswamy. Trump already has the oldsters locked up, but having a vibrant, charismatic hitman as your #2 isn't a bad thing.

I called Vivek to be his VP a while ago. Pretty sure it happens.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I called Vivek to be his VP a while ago. Pretty sure it happens.
Maybe. My crazy hunch is that it is up to Tucker Carlson. I think Vivek only gets the nod if Tucker Carlson doesn't want to be VP. Supposedly Tucker is is the person Melania Trump wants to be VP. If it is destined to be someone who won't take the spotlight from Trump then I'm thinking Tim Scott is the guy.

In a recent interview Trump said that he thought he knew who it was going to be and there was a 25% chance of it happening. That could be a number he pulled from thin air, or it could be that there are four candidates. If the latter is true then I'm thinking Tucker, Vivek, and Tim Scott are three of the four.

I think it’s Tim Scott. He counter-weights Trump similar to how Pence did. Pence made evangelicals comfortable with the ticket, when Trump needed to pad that vote. Now Trump has a little head wind with Black voters, especially young black voters.

Like Al alluded to with the “race-baiting” counter in Vivek. Scott has the same advantage, the “my black friend” for the ticket. He’ll pull in that small percentage of black voters that he appeals to, but it also gives them an out when Biden makes his appeal to POC voters overall. This works in the GOP’s own minds, not necessarily to POC voters as a whole.

I know this, I have a black friend…../s

Tim Scott will go down with the burning ship in November. But if elected, his morals, integrity and oath will be tested to the extreme. Trump is arguing total immunity in court right now. His plan is obvious. I’m curious if Scott is the guy that will take his hand off the button, like Pence did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it’s Tim Scott. He counter-weights Trump similar to how Pence did. Pence made evangelicals comfortable with the ticket, when Trump needed to pad that vote. Now Trump has a little head wind with Black voters, especially young black voters.

Like Al alluded to with the “race-baiting” counter in Vivek. Scott has the same advantage, the “my black friend” for the ticket. He’ll pull in that small percentage of black voters that he appeals to, but it also gives them an out when Biden makes his appeal to POC voters overall. This works in the GOP’s own minds, not necessarily to POC voters as a whole.

I know this, I have a black friend…../s

Tim Scott will go down with the burning ship in November. But if elected, his morals, integrity and oath will be tested to the extreme. Trump is arguing total immunity in court right now. His plan is obvious. I’m curious if Scott is the guy that will take his hand off the button, like Pence did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who’s most definitely not gay. Tim Scott. Definitely. Not. Gay.

Who’s most definitely not gay. Tim Scott. Definitely. Not. Gay.
I really don't know any context for this comment because I have no idea who Tim Scott is, but regardless, I don't care of a conservative is gay, even gay and in the closet, or it's a liberal or anyone else. I don't think this is grounds to take shots at a person.

I really don't know any context for this comment because I have no idea who Tim Scott is, but regardless, I don't care of a conservative is gay, even gay and in the closet, or it's a liberal or anyone else. I don't think this is grounds to take shots at a person.
He’s clearly a closeted gay man who is attempting to be the vice president of a party that doesn’t believe the LGBT community has a right to exist. His stories about being a virgin until his 40s and pretending to be engaged to a woman just is pathetic. I take shots at hypocrites. Tim Scott is a pathetic husk of a man, a hypocrite who knows better but likes living in DC more. So he’ll build a career literally on the bones of the LGBT community he’s trampling.

Cool. Maybe he could do some good for the LGBTQ community from the inside of the enemy camp. Probably less possible if liberals gay-shame him.
lol

This rationale has been used too much in the last 10 years. “Well yeah x is awful but maybe I can do some good in this administration…”

And if we go back far enough, you’ll see similar rationalizations for those in other autocratic regimes. It doesn’t work man. The LGBT community won’t be helped if Scott helps Trump and the GOP gain power.

So You're going to gay-shame him and feel justified about it?

Cool.

Don't pretend like you support the LGBTQ community. You don't support them any more than Trump does if this is how you're going to play.

So You're going to gay-shame him and feel justified about it?

Cool.

Don't pretend like you support the LGBTQ community. You don't support them any more than Trump does if this is how you're going to play.
I doubt Trump contributes monthly to local LGBT community help groups. Does Trump volunteer at Encircle?

I resent those who use their political power to trample those in the most vulnerable positions. Scott could be an advocate for a marginalized group. Instead, he uses their bones to build his career. The GOP uses the LGBT community as a scapegoat for power. Scott feeds into this knowing he’s hurting his own. But he doesn’t give a ****, because his career is more important.

You may disagree with me taking shots at him, highlighting his hypocrisy. But don’t compare me to Trump. That’s a bit off base. My beef isn’t with the LGBT community. My beef is with politicians who use the LGBT community as punching bags, knowing deep down that they are part of that community.

I doubt Trump contributes monthly to local LGBT community help groups. Does Trump volunteer at Encircle?

I resent those who use their political power to trample those in the most vulnerable positions. Scott could be an advocate for a marginalized group. Instead, he uses their bones to build his career. The GOP uses the LGBT community as a scapegoat for power. Scott feeds into this knowing he’s hurting his own. But he doesn’t give a ****, because his career is more important.

You may disagree with me taking shots at him, highlighting his hypocrisy. But don’t compare me to Trump. That’s a bit off base. My beef isn’t with the LGBT community. My beef is with politicians who use the LGBT community as punching bags, knowing deep down that they are part of that community.
LGBTQ people can exist as they are.

That includes political affiliation.