What's new

The Corruption of the Supreme Court

The Thriller

I don’t know if you’ve seen or read this, but it’s pretty incredible how the Supreme Court Justices are just able to take bribes from billionaires. Of course these bribes influence them. If they didn’t, they wouldn’t be offered these bribes.

Thread below:

View: https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1643929027353124864?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

Article:

I think this goes to show the absolute need to namely:

1) Enact strict ethical laws against this sort of thing. Nothing jeopardizes the court more than corruption like this. Violate these laws? You’re booted immediately from your perch on the court.

2) Term limits on the court, no more lifetime appointments.

3) Expand the court, rotate the justices out (have a type of bullpen), give each president 1-2 justices guaranteed instead of waiting for them to retire/die out. Help take the partisanship out of these spots. Because it’s so partisan right now, Thomas’s tribe will defend him because they want to protect the majority. If he were to be pushed out right now, Republicans would try and stonewall his replacement until 24.

I think there are a lot of things we can do to reform the court and make it a less political body. The court shouldn’t be the de facto legislative branch for the party out of power that can’t pass legislation on its own.

This got really weird.
I mean, who among us doesn’t have fascist books and statues at home? I don’t begrudge anyone from having a history collection. I have a few things too. But this is little weird in a little James Bond Villain way. Whatevs. The real focus should be on him buying off a Supreme Court justice.

View: https://twitter.com/katiephang/status/1644735816126660610?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

This sounds worse than anything I’ve ever read about Hunter. Ginni and Clarence are corrupt as hell. They’re everything that the right thinks the Clintons are:

View: https://twitter.com/meidastouch/status/1644779509147922433?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

Last edited:
At least he isn’t woke or gay or dress in drag. Am I right?

View: https://twitter.com/laurawalkerkc/status/1647627291155914755?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

Hey @Bucknutz isn’t this worse than a handful of students at Stanford being mean to a judge? Don’t you think Thomas should resign? A few weeks ago you seemed so concerned with how judges were treated and now you’re silent on how judges treat the rest of us. accept millions in bribes, letting a RW sugar daddy buy your mom a house, and now this? Seems like a Supreme Court justice blowing off ethical and perhaps legal rules and laws should be at least as concerning as a federal judge’s visit at Stanford. Right?

Let’s be consistent now!

At least he isn’t woke or gay or dress in drag. Am I right?
Troll response. You complain about trolls yet you post like them.

"@Bucknutz You understand that you’re not entitled to my attention, right? I find you boorish and largely a waste of time."
Interesting... if you find me boorish and a waste of time, why ask for my opinion? Also I'm not entitled to anyones attention. Since this is a public message board, if you post something that is just lacking context or making **** up, I will respond. You can take my response how ever you want. Since you called me out to give you a response, here it is.

View: https://twitter.com/laurawalkerkc/status/1647627291155914755?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

Hey @Bucknutz isn’t this worse than a handful of students at Stanford being mean to a judge?

Thomas has nothing to do with what happened at Stanford. You're trying to combine two different issues into one, which is not working.

Don’t you think Thomas should resign?
Absolutely, if he did what has been reported.

Let me even go deeper so I'm very clear here. I don't care that he was vacationing with some Right sided Billionaire. I personally don't believe these benefits changed anything in court opinions because Thomas is as far right that you can be. Just like I wouldn't believe RBG would have changed any of her opinions, if she was in this same situation with a leftist Billionaire.

When you are in this type of position, your personal and professional standard needs to be higher than an average citizen or congress person. It's standard be higher than the position of the President as well. Even though he might have had a genuine relationship with this person, you put the position above this type of relationship.

Transparency is key. Don't keep these things hidden from the public. This is not ethical or (does not look lawful either). This is why he should resign. You have one of the most American Government cherished jobs, which this country relies on you. You do everything to keep this high standard, which Thomas did not do.

A few weeks ago you seemed so concerned with how judges were treated
A judge. It was more about youth and how colleges let their students treat people with a different view point. I was showing how people shout down the opposition, just like in this forum.

and now you’re silent on how judges treat the rest of us.
Silent on how he treated you and me? How did he treat you or me? You despise the court already because it is not tilted in your favor. All this did was give you a talking point. This judge didn't treat you any different.

accept millions in bribes,
Show us the proof of these bribes... this is just misinformation or more like flat out lies. Taking vacations with a friend is not a bribe.

, and now this? Seems like a Supreme Court justice blowing off ethical and perhaps legal rules and laws should be at least as concerning as a federal judge’s visit at Stanford. Right?
Yes it's concerning that he could have broken laws and ethical rules. Just like I stated above. Yet, freedom of speech is probably my biggest concern. I have been posting about this topic in many different threads. So no, this situation is not as concerning to me as freedom of speech.

Let’s be consistent now!
I am. That's the difference between us, this is not hard for me to do.

Taking vacations with a friend is not a bribe.
Do you understand that there is more than that that is being alleged, and with some pretty strong evidence?

1. Using Harlan's private jet for his own trips, without Harlan around.
2. Harlan seems to have purchased Thomas' mother's house (I think Thomas was co-owner with her) for what appears to be double market value, making a decent amount of improvements, and letting her continue to live there? There is no reporting that I have found regarding if she has been paying rent or not.
3. This is just weird, but Thomas' has apparently reported a substantial amount of income from a defunct company of Harlan's for several years.

Do you understand that there is more than that that is being alleged, and with some pretty strong evidence?

2. Harlan seems to have purchased Thomas' mother's house (I think Thomas was co-owner with her) for what appears to be double market value, making a decent amount of improvements, and letting her continue to live there? There is no reporting that I have found regarding if she has been paying rent or not.
3. This is just weird, but Thomas' has apparently reported a substantial amount of income from a defunct company of Harlan's for several years.
You literally just repeated Thrillers post. I responded to a specific thing in his statement, about bribes. Again, show me the bribe.

Also it’s like you don’t read what I posted.
6AA53D45-9A6D-4B28-BB4B-06230C7AB9EB.jpeg
This statement covers the topics you and Thriller have listed. Minus the bribes because thriller just made that **** up.

There’s 2 parts to a bribe; Gift and a favorable result. Show me these favorable results. Then I will concede it was a bribe. Like I said on my last post, Justice Thomas is far right. Money is not going to change his opinion on decisions. You know what you’re going to get from him. Robert’s seems like he is the more centrist on the court. Not saying he is taking or would take bribes to change opinion’s.

I've got a better chance of being retained as a concubine by the Victoria Secret models than anybody has of holding Clarence Thomas accountable for his actions.

I've got a better chance of being retained as a concubine by the Victoria Secret models than anybody has of holding Clarence Thomas accountable for his actions.
Been there...

Troll response. You complain about trolls yet you post like them.

"@Bucknutz You understand that you’re not entitled to my attention, right? I find you boorish and largely a waste of time."
Interesting... if you find me boorish and a waste of time, why ask for my opinion? Also I'm not entitled to anyones attention. Since this is a public message board, if you post something that is just lacking context or making **** up, I will respond. You can take my response how ever you want. Since you called me out to give you a response, here it is.

Thomas has nothing to do with what happened at Stanford. You're trying to combine two different issues into one, which is not working.

Absolutely, if he did what has been reported.

Let me even go deeper so I'm very clear here. I don't care that he was vacationing with some Right sided Billionaire. I personally don't believe these benefits changed anything in court opinions because Thomas is as far right that you can be. Just like I wouldn't believe RBG would have changed any of her opinions, if she was in this same situation with a leftist Billionaire.

When you are in this type of position, your personal and professional standard needs to be higher than an average citizen or congress person. It's standard be higher than the position of the President as well. Even though he might have had a genuine relationship with this person, you put the position above this type of relationship.

Transparency is key. Don't keep these things hidden from the public. This is not ethical or (does not look lawful either). This is why he should resign. You have one of the most American Government cherished jobs, which this country relies on you. You do everything to keep this high standard, which Thomas did not do.

A judge. It was more about youth and how colleges let their students treat people with a different view point. I was showing how people shout down the opposition, just like in this forum.

Silent on how he treated you and me? How did he treat you or me? You despise the court already because it is not tilted in your favor. All this did was give you a talking point. This judge didn't treat you any different.

Show us the proof of these bribes... this is just misinformation or more like flat out lies. Taking vacations with a friend is not a bribe.

Yes it's concerning that he could have broken laws and ethical rules. Just like I stated above. Yet, freedom of speech is probably my biggest concern. I have been posting about this topic in many different threads. So no, this situation is not as concerning to me as freedom of speech.

I am. That's the difference between us, this is not hard for me to do.
Oh. Okay. Well, seeing how you’ve done this to me several times I thought it was fair game. But if you don’t like being tagged in posts then I’ll respect your wishes as long as I’m treated the same way. Thanks for your response. I’m glad we can both agree that Thomas should resign.

Oh. Okay. Well, seeing how you’ve done this to me several times I thought it was fair game. But if you don’t like being tagged in posts then I’ll respect your wishes as long as I’m treated the same way. Thanks for your response. I’m glad we can both agree that Thomas should resign.
Bucknutz has been the golden standard of conservative commentators on jazzfanz.com. He should held up as an example of someone who advocates for the unpopular opinion but does so in a respectable and honorable way.

It's not a good look to talk down to him like you keep doing.

Bucknutz has been the golden standard of conservative commentators on jazzfanz.com. He should held up as an example of someone who advocates for the unpopular opinion but does so in a respectable and honorable way.

The last post was sincere. I didn’t think I was talking down to him. I’m fine admitting when I’m wrong. But I didn’t mean for the last post to be demeaning. I hope respect can be mutual. I’ve been tagged several times by him in some pretty hostile and personal posts in the past. So again, respect can be given, as long as it’s mutual.

The last post was sincere. I didn’t think I was talking down to him. I’m fine admitting when I’m wrong. But I didn’t mean for the last post to be demeaning. I hope respect can be mutual. I’ve been tagged several times by him in some pretty hostile and personal posts in the past. So again, respect can be given, as long as it’s mutual.
I took your last post as sincere. I think he was talking about the previous post. I don’t mind being tagged. I was just bringing up your last comment towards me. We have had heated personal posts with each other in the past and it’s going to continue because I know you’re not going to change your views and I’m not trying to change them. So there will be a natural clash of views.

Thanks I appreciate that your kind words.