What's new

The elephant in the room (Rudy Gobert)

Rudy was never a top ten player even though Quin did every possible thing to emphasize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. It was all built around him to succeed.

The playoffs are a clear indication of how much false product Rudy Gobert really was. If there was a NBA Playoffs All Star Team, he would have never even been discussed in any playoffs he ever played in.

Who cares who got more in trades involving a bunch of firsts? Drafts are different. Wolves are different. Cavs are different. Apples and Oranges through all comparisons.

Who cares who got more in trades involving a bunch of firsts?
Well, young jefe apparently since he asked the question.

Well, young jefe apparently since he asked the question.
True. In 10 years, it's a worthy discussion but likely no winning argument.

I can't believe that we still have people actually believing Rudy was ever a top 10 player. Mind blowing to me.

Man, if Gobert losing to the champs was an indication of this, then what do you call Mitchell losing to the Knicks with Randle on one ankle?
What do you call Donovan still being one of the most valuable players in the league? While Rudy is easily one of the worst contracts in the league now lol

Man, if Gobert losing to the champs was an indication of this, then what do you call Mitchell losing to the Knicks with Randle on one ankle?
Lol. What?

Basketball is a team game that requires good coaching and sometimes out of this world player performances. That's never changed. Don didn't play out of this world in the first round. Not close enough to make up for a poor roster and bad coaching for the Cavs.

Rudy, a supposed top 10 player lol, isn't even a top 2 player on that always disappointing Wolves team. But he really brought the team together...

When do you admit you were wrong about Don?

Rudy was a top 10 contributor to wins in the regular season during his peak Utah years. Playoffs not great.

Both players got huge hauls especially recontextualized in this off-season. And everyone should be happy we moved off both when we did.

I don’t remember your other point

Idk when or if I said anything different about him back in the day, but anything more than the above was incorrect. I admit it.

When do you admit you were wrong about Don?

Rudy was a top 10 contributor to wins in the regular season during his peak Utah years. Playoffs not great.

Both players got huge hauls especially recontextualized in this off-season. And everyone should be happy we moved off both when we did.

I don’t remember your other point

Idk when or if I said anything different about him back in the day, but anything more than the above was incorrect. I admit it.
Don is just getting started, Rudy is cooked

What do you call Donovan still being one of the most valuable players in the league? While Rudy is easily one of the worst contracts in the league now lol

Gobert has been pretty good in MN. He still rebounds, gives them an efficient 13 ppg, and plays elite defense. Wolves fans don't hate him. He just hasn't been as good as he was for the Jazz.

Gobert has been pretty good in MN. He still rebounds, give them an efficient 13 ppg, and plays elite defense. Wolves fans don't hate him. He just hasn't been as good as he was for the Jazz.
The wolves would have to attach assets to move Rudy’s contract. The Cavs would get a massive haul for Donovan.

Will you all admit that you were wrong in saying:

1) Rudy is a top 10 player in the NBA
2) Teams around the league value Rudy at a higher level than Donovan
3) The Timberwolves are/were title contenders with Rudy

It's okay to give me the pat on the back I deserve for having the foresight to know these things a year ago. Mainly my son @Hearsky
I preached the same doctrine to Cy and the other Rudy supporters. Glad he's gone and is on the road to declining

Gobert has been pretty good in MN. He still rebounds, gives them an efficient 13 ppg, and plays elite defense. Wolves fans don't hate him. He just hasn't been as good as he was for the Jazz.
The wolves fans all have buyers remorse on that trade

There seems to be a certain group of "fans" here who you rarely if ever see participate in game threads or other Jazz discussions, but throw up a thread about a player who left over a year ago and they all come flocking.

Which is interesting, because these are the same people who said those of us who liked and appreciated Gobert aren't REAL Jazz fans.

There seems to be a certain group of "fans" here who you rarely if ever see participate in game threads or other Jazz discussions, but throw up a thread about a player who left over a year ago and they all come flocking.

Which is interesting, because these are the same people who said those of us who liked and appreciated Gobert aren't REAL Jazz fans.
I’m always lurking, I’ve been here for 5 years, I just get shook hearing you guys with such terrible takes