What's new

The elephant in the room (Rudy Gobert)

When do you admit you were wrong about Don?

Rudy was a top 10 contributor to wins in the regular season during his peak Utah years. Playoffs not great.

Both players got huge hauls especially recontextualized in this off-season. And everyone should be happy we moved off both when we did.

I don’t remember your other point

Idk when or if I said anything different about him back in the day, but anything more than the above was incorrect. I admit it.
Good post

His best playoff series ever was his first.
I actually think his best individual performance was against the nuggets in the bubble when he had multiple 50 point games I think. Of course we lost that series but still. He was amazing

When do you admit you were wrong about Don?

Rudy was a top 10 contributor to wins in the regular season during his peak Utah years. Playoffs not great.

Both players got huge hauls especially recontextualized in this off-season. And everyone should be happy we moved off both when we did.

I don’t remember your other point

Idk when or if I said anything different about him back in the day, but anything more than the above was incorrect. I admit it.
Nobody made any stupid comments about Don like saying he was a top 10 player in the league.

He was a more important playoff player for us than Rudy even though the system was built for Rudy.

But Don has gotten better in Cleveland in a more balanced NBA system. He plays with a PG yet still had a career year, top 10 in assists per game and made All NBA 2nd team on a team with two nonshooting bigs and no good SF at all.

Nobody made any stupid comments about Don like saying he was a top 10 player in the league.

He was a more important playoff player for us than Rudy even though the system was built for Rudy.

But Don has gotten better in Cleveland in a more balanced NBA system. He plays with a PG yet still had a career year, top 10 in assists per game and made All NBA 2nd team on a team with two nonshooting bigs and no good SF at all.
Why are you back here? Did the Cavs fans kick you out?

I think the narrative is over distorted on the old jazz team. Both DM and RG were absolute beasts on our roster.

I would say at the beginning, we built around gobert strengths until Donovan Mitchell came into the picture.

The feel I got was DM took a role as closer/offensive powerhouse. Got a little tunnel vision on the role and stopped putting effort elsewhere.

I feel the players on the roster would have been just as frustrated with Donovan’s lack of defense as they were with Goberts locker room tension.

I think they looked at Quinn Snyder to solve this issue when they actually needed to work this out amongst themselves.

Hot take: Rudy Gay called this out in the locker room and no one wanted to confront it. Everyone lost faith in Snyder’s plan, so that’s why Snyder resigned.

Equal blame around the whole table.

There seems to be a certain group of "fans" here who you rarely if ever see participate in game threads or other Jazz discussions, but throw up a thread about a player who left over a year ago and they all come flocking.

Which is interesting, because these are the same people who said those of us who liked and appreciated Gobert aren't REAL Jazz fans.
What do you mean? Lopo has a Mitchell avatar. YoungJefe has an Anthony Black avatar. 416Klawzz has a Toronto Kawhi avatar. If that’s not real Jazz fandom, I don’t know what is?

What do you mean? Lopo has a Mitchell avatar. YoungJefe has an Anthony Black avatar. 416Klawzz has a Toronto Kawhi avatar. If that’s not real Jazz fandom, I don’t know what is?
guilty.gif

The only ones that stood strong were myself and @LoPo

I actually agreed with you a few times. Thinking Rudy was an elite player is like thinking Kirk Cousins is an elite qb. Stats tell one part of the story. But anyone with common sense and eyeballs realizes the obvious flaws in their games. These are easy to expose in the postseason with more time to prepare.

Last edited: